Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my opinion given the quality we were up against, we did alright tonight. Citeh are seriously good.
We were hard done by with regards to several key decisions and only losing 5-1 with ten men against City isn't bad really.

We need to shift Siggy, Lennon and a few others. Not that theyre crap but They just aren't top four players in my view.

I think as a team we still have a mentality Problem. I don't know how to pin it but I want to see a bit more aggression.

Tim needs to stop playing a 19 year old against the best teams we face. Bentaleb has promise but he is 19 and inexperienced. He made a lot if errors today because of that. Not his fault really, his managers for selecting him.

In my opinion given the quality we were up against, we did alright tonight. Citeh are seriously good.
We were hard done by with regards to several key decisions and only losing 5-1 with ten men against City isn't bad really.

We need to shift Siggy, Lennon and a few others. Not that theyre crap but They just aren't top four players in my view.

I think as a team we still have a mentality Problem. I don't know how to pin it but I want to see a bit more aggression.

Tim needs to stop playing a 19 year old against the best teams we face. Bentaleb has promise but he is 19 and inexperienced. He made a lot if errors today because of that. Not his fault really, his managers for selecting him.
Did all right?
Losing 5 - 1 at home?

Did all right?
Losing 5 - 1 at home?
ImC0dmt.gif

We definitely need to get some improvement on the left wing. Was pretty stunned to see Siggy in the XI. Can't wait til Verts is back to (hopefully) push out Dawson.

In spite of the terrible sending off (not his fault) I thought Rose played really well. He was killing it with the slide tackles (including the eventual penalty) and did really well getting up the field.

Hardly noticed Lennon was in the game, we barely worked the right side.

Once again, fuck that side judge. Just hate when they decide the game on questionable calls. :avbfu:

It was still bad, but who knows how it would've turned out if the game was 11vs11 through out, not to mention the disallowed goal.
Look I agree. That linesman cost us 2 goals in effect, and a man sent off. The referee in both cases wasn't going to give either decision. It was disgraceful, everyone could see that. I worry about how we cave in though.

We were basically a man down at the start. Siggy did absolutely nothing as per usual. Every now and then he pips in a goal and then people forget how invisible he is for most of the game on the left. He is best as a number 10 but will not get minutes there when Eriksen is fit.
Don't leave Lennon out of the blame game. It was not just Siggy that did not do enough. Aaron Lennon was also missing big time.

Don't leave Lennon out of the blame game. It was not just Siggy that did not do enough. Aaron Lennon was also missing big time.
I agree both of those guys were MIA, but the whole offensive side were missing. They just didn't have enough of the ball. I think TS would have benefited from starting a true destroyer which he seems to dislike doing.

Definitely. Full highlights here

Penalty (at around 2mins in) isn't "clear cut" either way - Danny did well to stretch and did make contact with the ball, but there's question as to whether it's counted as going through the man to get the ball. Harsh red though.

I'm sick of us conceding from situations where it just shouldn't happen though, like the first goal.

Back
Top Bottom