Tottenham Hotspur B - Checkatrade Trophy 2017-2018 - The Road to Wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree with the negativity about PL B teams being involved. I think it does add some interest and another dimension to the competition. It's good experience for players on both sides and gives fans a different experience. I'm looking forward to these games.

If anyone else phones up for tickets can you let me know if they insist on collection at turnstiles?

I've been in the home and away ends at Luton and that sounds like chaos if more than a few dozen turn up

I'd be interested to hear what the majority of proper fans of lower league clubs think about it. The argument against it on the podcast here was very strong. But ultimately it's the fans of those teams whose views matter.

At the moment the trip to Wembley is a great day out for those fans of the teams who make it there. Plus the semi and maybe even quarter finals are interesting. I don't think you'd get this if it was e.g. Coventry vs Swansea reserves in the final.

DHSfcIFWAAMNIcd.jpg

Really thought we'd get Edwards in this competition.

Guess not.

Just out of interest... why?
Because we have no place in this competition. It's for 3rd and 4th Division teams, if they get to Wembley its the best thing ever for them, the whole town celebrates. 1st and 2nd Division B teams shouldn't be in it and I hope all of them get knocked out ASAP. Alex from Bristol put it far better than I can on a pod a few episodes ago, but I felt exactly the same way last year when we weren't in it, as did friends of mine who support lower league teams.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom