Tottenham Hotspur '13-'14 Season Discussion Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am excited, but I fear a 1-1 draw on Sunday will deflate everyone.

It will surely take a few weeks for so many new players to gel together, and the Bale situation is ridiculous - it's unsettled both RM and Spurs' start of the season. Fingers crossed RM will struggle and we'll get two storming wins before taking on Arse with a newly contracted Bale.

2nd, with quite a few weeks in 1st

It seems like I'm the only person that isn't expecting to see Dembele and Paulinho in the same starting lineup.
I'm thinking it might happen while Sandro is still working his way back from injury and if Sig has a bad start. Personally I think we'll see much less of Dembele once Holtby and Paulinho are truly gelled and fit.

Honestly, even if we lost this weekend, can ppl not talk about it affecting our chances of top four. It's ridiculous (and yeah I know a point can make the difference in may, but for sanity's sake)

I am excited, but I fear a 1-1 draw on Sunday will deflate everyone.

It will be 3 or 4-0, or they'll equalise in the 89th minute onwards. I don't think there is any middle ground. But as long as we batter them a 1-1 wouldn't deflate me too much. Then again I'm not everyone.

It almost goes without saying, but I hope we fucking batter them and get a nice result. I have enough of a soft spot for Plymouth Argyle to think that Holloway is a massive cunt and I'd love to start their season off with a nice demoralising scoreline.

I'd like to see us beat the piss out of some of these lower teams. These 1-0 squeaks in the 80th+ I'm hoping will cease now that we have firepower apart from Bale. We don't particularly concede many more goals than the teams that finish above us, but we sure as hell don't score as many. 3-0 to Spurs on Sunday after a late nail from Townsend.

Honestly, even if we lost this weekend, can ppl not talk about it affecting our chances of top four. It's ridiculous (and yeah I know a point can make the difference in may, but for sanity's sake)

Our transfer activity has built up expectations to insane levels and we'll have to expect a small media riot if we lose. I agree with you and hope we can maintain the sanity :llorisserious: <- stay cool like Hugo.

What I really want from Spurs this season is
images

This
images

Or this
images

The Europa League does have one sexy looking trophy.

As for the rest of them, you could be excused for not being able to tell them apart...

The UEFA cup is a sexy trophy to be fair. But nothing beats the Romanceof the FA Cup.

If I won the FA Cup, I'd wine and dine my girlfriend using the cup itself as a receptacle for wine. And maybe even some food too.

More importantly, if I won the FA Cup, I'd have a girlfriend.

Guys don't worry, this season will be great.

I've realised that each time I read a pre match thread last season we did shit. I'm not going to look at them at all this season. You can thank me later :soldadolol:

Back
Top Bottom