Tottenham Hotspur '13-'14 Season Discussion Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have photos with me, UEFA Cup and Mr. P, Keith Burkinshaw, Danny Thomas, Chris Hughton and Graham Roberts. Also me, FA Cup and Gary Mabbutt and Billy Nick. But as these were taken pre-digital and I don't have a scanner, you'll all just have to take me at my word! Those were the days when the Spurs Supporters' Club used to have a Player of the Year Dance, which didn't cost a month's salary!! The UEFA Cup is very heavy, and the base is covered with the national flag of the teams that have won it. THE FA Cup is just a beautiful trophy and its saddens me that it doesn't have the same attraction it used to. Although CL qualification is the be all and end all these days, its magical to witness our captain pick up a piece of silverware, be it at Wembley, WHL or even foreign soil - best days of my life.
All I wish for is that we finish above Woolwich, not especially ambitious but its the only thing that's going to heal the hurt of the past seasons. A trophy would be the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing would, in my mind at least, beat beating scum to the title with a point or goal difference. It's always the hope that kills you!

Being above the Scum is ALWAYS highly desirable, and if we do that AND win a trophy, it will just rub salt AND lemon juice into their wounds and I will love that.

Would love to win the FA Cup. With a Spursy as fuck performance in the semi-final by Lewis Holtby. Smashing in a Van Basten style volley against Chelsea and going on to beat Man United in the final.

You don't recognize the fucking FA CUP?!!!
T93jdWQ.gif

I don't think that you understood my post...

It was a throwaway comment regarding aesthetics, nothing more. My only point is that the F.A. Cup and [Insert Current Sponsor] Cup are very traditional in terms of aesthetics, while the EL trophy is considerably more distinctive, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong though, my preference for winning them is exactly the opposite, and I think that they're all beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom