Tottenham 9 Bristol rovers 0 22.10.77

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I. However did manage to catch it on MOTD, don't know how many people realise that we won promotion on goal difference of 9!

I never knew that!

Some of the matches I went to that season were very jammy wins.

Blackpool, I arrived 3 mins late and we were 2-0 down. One back injury time 1st half, equaliser injury time 2nd half. Oo-er.

Charlton, 1-0 down. Got given a dodgy penalty. Missed it. Ref then gives us an even more dubious one. Score. Win 2-1.

I never knew that!

Some of the matches I went to that season were very jammy wins.

Blackpool, I arrived 3 mins late and we were 2-0 down. One back injury time 1st half, equaliser injury time 2nd half. Oo-er.

Charlton, 1-0 down. Got given a dodgy penalty. Missed it. Ref then gives us an even more dubious one. Score. Win 2-1.
Our home form went in fits and starts in the League that season.
Won our first seven scoring goals galore - then drew the next four.
For the last half of the campaign, barring Stoke I think, any home wins were just by a single goal.
Shows how much the nerves began to kick in.

I was at a run of games before Bristol Rovers but took that one off. :mourfacepalm:

I was at Wigan though. My son had a bet on Kranjcar to score the last goal and won something like £25.
My daughter had to miss the Wigan game, because of a uni musical rehearsal.
She's still gutted to this day.

Bristol Rovers game, stood on the terrace in front of shelf, towards the park lane. Day before my birthday, so stayed in Tottenham after the game drinking till 10pm. Never missed a game that season.
My favourite season.

Talking of drubbings.
I remember us losing 4-0 at Norwich in August '79 - a midweek game.
Where the coaches were parked afterwards, this bloke was so peed off about the result that he chucked this empty bottle against a wall. A copper went across and promptly nicked him.

Woah hold on there hoss...Liverpool 0-7 you say. Come on elaborate. You don't get to skim over that. I want details!!!

Year we got promoted. Was the 2nd or 3rd away game of the season. We had a good crowd there as always. After their first 3 or 4 we started to celebrate their goals as if it had been Spurs scoring to nullify their piss taking which annoyed them. We thought it was funny. They got a bit lairy on the way back but we soon put them on their toes.

Year we got promoted. Was the 2nd or 3rd away game of the season. We had a good crowd there as always. After their first 3 or 4 we started to celebrate their goals as if it had been Spurs scoring to nullify their piss taking which annoyed them. We thought it was funny. They got a bit lairy on the way back but we soon put them on their toes.
😒 I read it wrong I thought we beat the shit bags 7 nil....I was happy now im not. Good practice for the Spam game I guess...

Strange how some things stick in your memory.

I remember BBC having it as a feature at end of 9 'O clock news, saying something along lines of ' the missing fans missed a treat'. there was 26,500 there

think we averaged 37,000 that year in div 2, remember 52 at home to Bolton, 48 I think at that Hull match

The optimism of youth (13) I also remember feeling disappointed by only winning the away fixture 3 nil

Strange how some things stick in your memory.

I remember BBC having it as a feature at end of 9 'O clock news, saying something along lines of ' the missing fans missed a treat'. there was 26,500 there

think we averaged 37,000 that year in div 2, remember 52 at home to Bolton, 48 I think at that Hull match

The optimism of youth (13) I also remember feeling disappointed by only winning the away fixture 3 nil
I think Brighton at home was another big crowd too

Back
Top Bottom