Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do I think we will win? I don't, in fact I was one of the first ones to post something the moment Sonny got injured saying brace yourself for a disappointing spell, a very uphill slog with no expectations etc. Do I think it's ridiculous to right us off before a ball hasn't even been kicked? Absolutely I do yes.

As a betting man I wouldn't touch us with a barge pole but that doesn't mean I don't think something could
Good for you... get in there early I say!

Incidentally... did you mean THE EXACT moment he got injured? (ie; DURING the match but before he'd scored the winner.... naturally!)
Or when they ANNOUNCED it, a few days later....?

Either way, I have an visual image of you hovering over the keyboard, WAITING for summit bad to happen... just so you can be the FIRST to say how bad it will affect us!

Is there even a PRIZE for that?

Mate this translates to "let's sell out because others have done so and I'm jealous."

I'd rather not.

What is defensive football?
It's not taking risks. Players not leaving positions. Players playing passes that don't require much risk or positional change (long balls, crosses).
It's used by shit sides to even things up.
It's saying that I'm not going to trust my footballing ability and go toe to toe because I'm scared you're better than me.
So whilst you try to play football I will attempt to take advantage of your balls (since I have none to play this way) by being negative and boring. My style even demands one of us be brave to work and it sure as hell won't be me because I'm a pussy.

It's literally that bad. All this TTID, Tottenham/Spurs way, audere est facere, cockeral tattoos etc looks fake as fuck when people say they're happy to play shit footy if it gets result. Just sounds like grown adults so pissy from not having their team win stuff that they discard principles.
By "sell out", do you mean the Man City's/PSG's of this world who 'sold out' to simply buy the best global footballing talent so that they COULD play attractive football??
Or 'sell out' to play dull, turgid football that STILL doesn't win matches...

I don't believe ANY club would sell out to play negative football... maybe once upon a time in Italy...

There's 'settling for' ..and selling out... the two are quite different!
We're gonna have to settle for a certain style of play, and I agree, it's only worth pursuing if it gets results...

If not, and we're gonna lose anyway, we may as well play with a bit of freedom!

We're stuck between a Cock and a Hard Place right now!

Except that's not how the hater crew operate is it....?

It'll just be "told you so" and wholesale cussing of the club.

Proof?

You're "already thinking of next season"; yet can only, regularly and still be found talking shit about everything now. No doubt you're just looking forward with the same sense of doom and pessimism as always, so honestly, what difference does it make?

Fuck all.

You and your ilk were no different when things were going well under during Poch's reign.

Prophesising doom, then just finding something else to shit on instead if it doesn't come to pass.

We have a 1 goal defesit to overcome FFS..... You'd think we were 4-0 down against peak Barca.

The joke of it is you lot genuinely think you have a winning mentality.

We can’t even negotiate a way through Norwich Ffs. What in the hell do you think we will get through Leipzig away ? When we have no strikers and a defence with more holes than Swiss cheese. Pure frigging delusion. The “ losers mentality” stems from these bunch of losers letting us down time and time again. Disagree all you want with you’re silly ratings, deep down you know it’s the truth but can’t accept it. Season is over and was over the moment Son got injured. We are not getting anything on Tuesday it’s as simple as that mate, that’s the reality.

At risk of cancellation!

Just saw the alert from Spurs official on my phone, is it an old msg?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom