Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he has no left-foot..for a left-wing player.

everytime he crosses frm the left with his left foot- its a hail mary

we're toast if he is signed permanent deal

Excellent bit of play and cross/pass with his left foot to set up Johnson goal against forest.

Sport Wow GIF by Celtic Football Club

I guess it don't count.

Should have scored early on especially after a great 1st touch to send him through on goal.

Overall he did well. Hes very good at keeping possession in the build up and doesn't force the issue.

If he finds killer instinct in front of goal he could be great
He scores that early chance, it's a different game for sure...bet we win it by 3 or 4. Think he makes it harder for himself by trying to round the keeper.

But picked himself up and did well. At least he tried to make stuff happen.

As others have said, in terms of finishing, he’s much better when he doesn’t have time to think.

Will not be a natural goalscorer but he works hard, his pace is extremely useful, and he’s improving the more he plays for us.

Has had a couple of useful assists too.

Sign him up, I reckon.

As others have said, in terms of finishing, he’s much better when he doesn’t have time to think.

Will not be a natural goalscorer but he works hard, his pace is extremely useful, and he’s improving the more he plays for us.

Sign him up, I reckon.
Agree. Imagine if we had enough depth that we could bring him on at about 65 minutes, along with Johnson. His pace would be a nightmare.

The 1+1 against the goal keeper showed how shot his confidence is. Kept working it wide and let the keeper into the eventual shot. Caution has eroded his goal scoring instincts, but hopefully this is the start of his instincts being sharpened again

Werner and Johnson are the type of players Spurs should stick with and continue to improve. Pace is an underrated attribute for a team like Spurs and you can't teach a player to be fast. Without it spurs will be a predictable team of kulusevskis and easy to strategize against . Finishing and Decision making can always be improved through coaching/confidence

Sign him up, I reckon.

In the respect of your opening paragraph he reminds me of Jermaine Defoe

But his goal will hopefully give him confidence to use that pace!

In the respect of your opening paragraph he reminds me of Jermaine Defoe

But his goal will hopefully give him confidence to use that pace!
Son as well. Sonny's best goals have always been the ones where he doesn't think and just shoots for the hell of it. Richarlison as well for that matter.

Sign him up, I reckon.
You can imagine him being great presence in the dressing room too.

Werner and Johnson are the type of players Spurs should stick with and continue to improve. Pace is an underrated attribute for a team like Spurs and you can't teach a player to be fast. Without it spurs will be a predictable team of kulusevskis and easy to strategize against . Finishing and Decision making can always be improved through coaching/confidence
If we had a proper clinical centre forward in the middle of those two, we'd be laughing

I agree!

Look how Sonny has been for us the last few years, yet there were plenty who didn’t want to persevere with him following his first season.

Back
Top Bottom