Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a bit of an enigma. The way he took that ball (wasnt easy) and charged through on goal was breathtaking, he clearly has no self belief when it comes to composing himself and finishing.

A fast tap in across the box for him is perfect, he doesn't need to think about it!
Good point.

His general play has been decent since he arrived......

Wasn't expecting a hat-full of goals, but as long as he can chip in I'm fine with it.

Reckon he's a bit like the Son of old in as much as he'll bury no-think-finishes, but he shits the bed if he has time to think.

Make it a permanent imo.

Depends on for what role you want to make it a perm move.

If we need 6 forwards for 3 positions we currently have:

Son
Deki
Richy
Johnson
Werner
Solomon

Then youngsters like Veliz, Scarlett, Parrott and the academy kids.

If we want to win titles, we need to improve on that first list of 6 so if you make Werner a permanent move we probably need to move 1 or 2 of them on before we can bring in another front line forward.

Son
Deki
Richy
Johnson
Werner
Solomon

If we want to win titles, we need to improve on that first list of 6 so if you make Werner a permanent move we probably need to move 1 or 2 of them on before we can bring in another front line forward.

CF market is slim pickings IMO, so.... Ideal world:

ST: Son / Rich / Veliz
LW: NEW / + 1 of Solomon or Werner
RW: NEW / BJ
+ Kulu as utility man.

......Although that CF bloke at Sporting could be worth the gamble.

Last edited:

Son
Deki
Richy
Johnson
Werner
Solomon

I look at like this

CF- Son, Richy

RW Johnson, Kulu
Postecoglou first change in this game was Johnson for Bentancur which bought Kulu inside as an 8/10

Kulu has probably spent 30% of his time under Postecoglou as a midfielder either as Maddison understudy or alternative 8

Leaves some room for RW

LW Werner, Solomon

Werner has had a decent start and I think with more confidence he could be very good for us. Solomon has been unlucky with injury but will find himself the one who needs to prove a point.

I wouldn't play Sonny as a LW any more so that leaves plenty of room for us to sign a LW who can add depth at RW and if Solomon comes back well it only adds more depth.

If he’s prepared to take a sizable paycut then this is a nobrainer.

Trouble is what is his pay - many sites report £8.6m pa or £165k pw

But Sky thinks the deal if we sign him is a fee of £15.5m and wages of £4.3m pa or £82.5k pw

If true, £4.3m is halving his previous wages, but isn't that low either. and way above what Van de Ven is on (although he might well get a pay hike after this season)

On the other hand it could well be 'market rate', or even below, for a 'squad striker' in a top 6 PL side.

I guess the better question is who else is available in the summer, do we think he's a big upgrade and what are his wage expectations

he has no left-foot..for a left-wing player.

everytime he crosses frm the left with his left foot- its a hail mary

we're toast if he is signed permanent deal

I think there's more to come from him. Needs to be loved and needs a home just like Robbie Keane did when he first joined us. If we give him that I think there's a very good player there.

Only the fucking idiots who wouldn’t know a footballer from a penguin.

I just laugh at them these days

he has no left-foot..for a left-wing player.

everytime he crosses frm the left with his left foot- its a hail mary

we're toast if he is signed permanent deal
I'm not as pessimistic about him, but to your point on that breakaway once he got in close to the goalie he quickly ran himself out of options. Son, in that same situation, would have destroyed the goalie.

Back
Top Bottom