Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The same happened against Woolwich. So much space for players who move between the lines.

We then have sidekick Les saying he dislikes defensive midfielders, what a knob. They are a must against these teams!!!!!!

We had been saying this for weeks and weeks!. For the love of god ,let the bentaleb fetish go. He was anonymous and let us get overun in midfield.As predicted Aguero nearly had a field day against Dawson and Chiriches because sherwood is freezing our DM out of the squad.Where were the tactics and respect for city?

A few others predicted Sherwood's obsession with Bentaleb would be found out (Mick Cooper for one)

It's not just that though - I don't see the team looking like they are playing for Sherwood - they don't really look bothered - and to be honest he doesn't look that bothered either - the guy looks like an emotional wreck who can't be arsed to take anything seriously - just see how it goes type attitude.

A few others predicted Sherwood's obsession with Bentaleb would be found out (Mick Cooper for one)

It's not just that though - I don't see the team looking like they are playing for Sherwood - they don't really look bothered - and to be honest he doesn't look that bothered either - the guy looks like an emotional wreck who can't be arsed to take anything seriously - just see how it goes type attitude.

Danny Rose looked like he should be sitting in the stands trying to get Dzeko's autograph. I don't think they didn't play with heart, they did but we were set up badly. The game was lost in midfield, players overwhelmed and couldn't cope.

Danny Rose looked like he should be sitting in the stands trying to get Dzeko's autograph. I don't think they didn't play with heart, they did but we were set up badly. The game was lost in midfield, players overwhelmed and couldn't cope.

It was 1-0 (should have been 1-1) before we were down a man. Of course we were overwhelmed while a man down to the best team in the league. They dominated us the first 30, but I thought we settled nicely towards the end of the 2nd half. I had no complaints onther than the lino at the half.

It really didn't look like we had the extra man in midfield - Toure completely schooled Bentaleb

Completely wrong to highlight Bentaleb, there were worse mids on the ffield than him. Neither Bentaleb nor Sherwood's selection of him was found out at all.

Very depressing the pepople who keep attacking one of our brightest prospects.

He should be out on loan learning and making mistakes, not in the first team.........what must Tom Carroll think seeing someone two years behind him in development starting all these games?

We seemed (under Sherwood ironically) to have come up with a pretty good system for bringing youth players through that involved several long loan spells before being put into PL games with the first team. It's greatly benefited players like Walker, Townsend and Caulker.........why abandon it now for Bentaleb?

You don't reckon Sherwood will fancy spending a few years working under LVG, seeing as though I doubt he'll be around for much longer after the world cup.

Wouldn't hurt him learning a few things tactically whilst gaining experience, then let him take over in 3/4 years when he feels more competent.

Do like Sherwood, just seems we have a trio of coaches in charge of the club as opposed to one man.

Bentaleb must have caught Levy and Sherwood furiously making love with each other in the backroom. He's been good in limited appearances but why a thin 19 year old started over Capoue against the likes of Toure makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
I imagine Sherwoods reasoning for starting Bentaleb is that we've won the majority of games with that 11, except Siggy in for Chadli. But like against the gooners, a Dembele & Bentaleb centre partnership looks way too lightweight.

Disappointing, but we won't be the only team to be schooled by City this season. Going down to 10 men was making it impossible for a comeback. If's and but's with the 2 big decisions, didn't expect to win tonight and we can let that go as a loss and concentrate on 3 points away at Hull on Saturday.

Fuck that up and i'll be really disappointed.

Bentaleb must have caught Levy and Sherwood furiously making love with each other in the backroom. He's been good in limited appearances but why a thin 19 year old started over Capoue against the likes of Toure makes no sense to me.
Complete and utter shambles - my only critique towards Timmy last night

Rest of team (as far as available personel) was the best he could muster.

Aslo Rose's sending off meant Soldado is unlikely to make a cameo

Did anyone really expect anything else from you?

Sherwood wont beat West Ham - tick
Sherwood wont beat Southampton
Sherwood wont beat West Brom - tick
Sherwood wont beat Stoke
Sherwood wont beat Utd

Sherwood wont beat arse - tick
Sherwood wont beat Palace
Sherwood wont beat Swansea
Sherwood can only play 442

Errr....Sherwood wont wear a suit - tick
Hmmmm....Sherwood...err
Sherwood is not an improvement

desperate times

Please.

Continue.

Linesman dissallows good goal
Linesman gives penalty for clean tackle
LB is sent off for clean tackle
We get spanked by a team that scored more than 4 goals in a game over 13 times this season

And?

Ive maintained from the start that it was about the way we approach the games for me, not the fact we were losing.
I said in the Utd home match thread that I would prefer to lose showing signs of improvement in our game
So you're happy with both then?

Also if you're going to play the City card and the sending off card then AVBs defeats to Liverpool and City should be ignored also now and we start fresh.

So you're happy with both then?

Also if you're going to play the City card and the sending off card then AVBs defeats to Liverpool and City should be ignored also now and we start fresh.

I wasnt happy with both, because yesterday showed neither.

We were battered for 30 minutes, but we equalized and it was wrongly chalked off.

The midfield was the wrong pick, but the officials dissalowed a good equalizer. We showed heart, and were in the game until the officials then sent off Rose and gave a penalty for perfectly clean tackle.

Why would I write off AVB's shit management?

Im not writing off Tim Sherwoods mistakes from last night, or that we got it wrong in the middle. But we played better, got ourselves back into the game, and had our hands cut off by the linesman.

Unless you think the lino had no effect on the game of course

I wasnt happy with both, because yesterday showed neither.

We were battered for 30 minutes, but we equalized and it was wrongly chalked off.

The midfield was the wrong pick, but the officials dissalowed a good equalizer. We showed heart, and were in the game until the officials then sent off Rose and gave a penalty for perfectly clean tackle.

Why would I write off AVB's shit management?

Im not writing off Tim Sherwoods mistakes from last night, or that we got it wrong in the middle. But we played better, got ourselves back into the game, and had our hands cut off by the linesman.

Unless you think the lino had no effect on the game of course

sammy my friend we are in total agreement.

5 very winnable games in a row now - Hull (A), Everton (H), Newcastle (A), Norwich (A), Cardiff (H) - another 13 points out of 15 please before we come up against Chelsea, Woolwich, Southampton and Liverpool - 9 games which will decide whether Tim gets the job permanently or not.

Back
Top Bottom