Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sherwood after Woolwich game
'we showed we deserved to be on the same pitch with them'
sherwood after city game
' they are the best team on the planet'

where's the learning from what happend?, 5 year old bentaleb keeps starting while our midfield is steam rolled.

Sherwood is clueless, starting bentaleb against City is criminal.

It was the wrong decision, and it was'nt the only one he made.

Your hysterical obsession with Bentaleb and Capoue is making you look more and more clueless and delerious.

I was far more concerned by Siggy's inclusion, and why Lennon was allowed to play as the Invisible Man for such a large period in the first half.

I also think that Dembele could have played further forward, with Capoue behind him helping Bentaleb.

Or Holtby could have come in for Siggy (or Bentaleb) before the lino ended all hope for us.

Lots to consider regarding Sherwoods faults last night.....but continue with your pathetic, one track agenda filled bullshit, if it provides you with a sense of relief and false righteousness.

As if playing Bentaleb instead of Capoue last night was the one, sinlgle factor in our defeat.

Admit it....you longed for that result didnt you?

:goonermong:

I wasnt happy with both, because yesterday showed neither.

We were battered for 30 minutes, but we equalized and it was wrongly chalked off.

The midfield was the wrong pick, but the officials dissalowed a good equalizer. We showed heart, and were in the game until the officials then sent off Rose and gave a penalty for perfectly clean tackle.

Why would I write off AVB's shit management?

Im not writing off Tim Sherwoods mistakes from last night, or that we got it wrong in the middle. But we played better, got ourselves back into the game, and had our hands cut off by the linesman.

Unless you think the lino had no effect on the game of course

The offside call was correct

Rose's tackle was 50-50 - he came hard from the side and it was always going to be risky. If it was the other way around this place would have imploded demanding Mariner's head on a stick and his blood on the field

The most annoying thing about the Linesman last night, is that BECAUSE we also managed to concede 4 other goals, THOSE two decisions will be seen as merely insignificant, given the way the match turned out...
yes, at 1-1 we could've held out until half-time... but even IF Rose had been given the decision, ie; no penalty... they still scored at will (maybe they would only have got 3, not 5 had Rose stayed on!)
Point being, unlike the disgusting farce that was Mendes' goal at OT which WOULD have decided the result unquestionably, last night's mad two minutes only probably cost us a few goals, and probably not the result!

Why am I being so rational the morning after the hiding before???

Lino's still bent though... if not by financial gain, then at least by that very English trait of being so 'wowed' and 'impressed' by famous people, tha you willingly let your senses be dulled momentarily into thinking if you're kind to them, they will be your friend!
...as if Man City didn't need any more help!

boom... there goes all rational thought!...and I'm back!

Nothing has changed pre TS regarding the level we are at. There is nothing he can do to change that. However, as before, we will put this result behind us and march on. TS, got us to a situation where, we were consistent enough to beat the fodder (no disrespect to the crappy teams in the PL). Everton are fading away hopefully and Liverpool , for all their brilliances are still only a place above us , 3 pts. I would have taken this position now, when TS took over including be very pleased that the scum have lost top spot (can you imagine how gutted they will be, having been so close, if they miss out on the PL title. Lose to City (blip), the scum lose the PL (devastation) sorted. lets just get back into winning ways. Liverpool will be our cup final.

The offside call was correct

Rose's tackle was 50-50 - he came hard from the side and it was always going to be risky. If it was the other way around this place would have imploded demanding Mariner's head on a stick and his blood on the field

Rose played the ball and he cant turn into thin air direct after to avoid contact. It was the wrong decision and it turned the game....you think Terry or Kompany would have walked for that?

The goal was onside. We can disagree about the politics, but at the end of the day, I have said that Sherwood made mistakes.

The sending off, and the offside goal however, were not among them, and both impacted the game massively.

How is the goal onside when Dawson was behind Ade when the latter went for the header?

The rules are quite clear

Because Ade didnt get a touch and Dawson was onside.

The rules are not clear, and thats the probem.

"Interfering" is an interpretation....every single player on the pitch is interfering with play.

One of AVB's faults was that he was too stubborn to make some changes when needed. So far, Sherwood seems to be a bit similar with starting Bentaleb every game.

"Interfering" is an interpretation....every single player on the pitch is interfering with play.

'Intent' to play the ball automatically renders the player active - read the rules. I for one, learnt something new last night as it wan't clear before. Ade clearly intended to header the ball.

BT Sport said, categorically, Dawson was deemed offside. They spoke to the linesman at half time and there was no mention of interferance or anything.

Terrible decision, but they did at least clarify it.

'Intent' to play the ball automatically renders the player active - read the rules. I for one, learnt something new last night as it wan't clear before. Ade clearly intended to header the ball.

100% Not to mention Ade was right in front of Hart. For whatever reason the linesman gave offside (right or wrong) you can't appeal the decision.

BT Sport said, categorically, Dawson was deemed offside. They spoke to the linesman at half time and there was no mention of interferance or anything.

Terrible decision, but they did at least clarify it.

Didn't know that, oh well whats happened has happened, it wasn't the most important decision though. Rose getting red, a penalty making it two and city scoring a third while we where re-organising 2 mins later turned a rather exciting game into a pointless one, linesmans screwed up big time on that. We still would have lost if the linesman had not fucked up but it would have been 2-1 or 3-1 or something, not the thrashing that happened but then again they put 6 past Woolwich so we know what they can do.

While I am critical of TS deicsion not to play a DM it has made me relise the level of quality between our first 11 and squad players. Verts, Sandro, Paulinho and to some degree Townsend are a big improvement on our replacements. When City get injuries they replace one world class player with another, we have a few top players and then a big drop in quality. Maybe if we had done a West Ham and parked the bus we might have got something but thats not our style.

Chadli, Siggy, Dawson, Lennon against big teams look like passengers, we may need a clear out in the summer and if Soldado can't get his act together we might as well try and get as much money as possible. I still think we can have a good season, and 5-1 thrashing was as much due to the linesman as us but the difference in our sqaud and city's is pretty clear, thats what half a billion buys you.

Dawson was not offside. No where near.

Adebayor was offside, and obstrcted the linesmans view of the defender playing Dawson on, it was a compromised decision and one made incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom