Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a fucking flog!

Livermore and Caulker shouldn't have been sold? Please tell me how they are top 6 PL quality! Caulker about to get relegated for the 2nd season running. And Livermore has been serviceable at Hull,

Capoue and Stambouli aren't better than Livermore. I would much rather have Jake. He's high-energy, a decent passer, good tackler and always gave his absolute best for the club. That's more than can be said for the lazy Capoue who isn't even better when he's on his game 10% of the time.

I agree with you on Caulker though. He never impressed me. He's a better CB than Chiriches though, that's for sure.

Capoue and Stambouli aren't better than Livermore. I would much rather have Jake. He's high-energy, a decent passer, good tackler and always gave his absolute best for the club. That's more than can be said for the lazy Capoue who isn't even better when he's on his game 10% of the time.

I agree with you on Caulker though. He never impressed me. He's a better CB than Chiriches though, that's for sure.
I get he may be better than those mentioned but they aren't even in matchday squads. I'm not a massive Paulinho fan but I'd rather him in my squad than Livermore. Stambouli I'll make my final judgement after a full pre-season and season under Poch but at this stage he is at the Livermore level.

Chiriches has fallen by the way side big time. Looked a decent long term CB at times in his first season with the occasional liability moment. Now he is just a liability.

Who would that be then Tim? Adebayor? Soldado? Sean Murphy? Crunchie Haystacks? Seeing how Levy brought in a guy renowned for promoting youth with the idea of the money invested in the academy not being wasted, it clearly wasn't the guy holding the purse strings. So please enlighten the World with who this person or persons are that has a greater say than the person running the club and just how you resisted such an unstoppable force from selling him.

Oh that's right. "People wanted to sell him but he wasn't close to leaving" which is about as much of a empty statement as I've come to expect from a walking soundbite machine

I think he's talking about Baldini

“If they had brought in somebody last January and his name ended in a ‘I’ or an ‘O’ the fans would have been very excited, but I’m not sure he would have given the same output as Harry Kane has given.”

Shame it didn't happen as it sounds like we were going to sign Messi or Ronaldo

I think he's talking about Baldini

Fair to assume for sure. Either that or another "I must speak of Spurs even if it means making shit up."

It's a never ending pattern with him. A headline grabbing quote followed by a contradictory statement sometimes a couple of weeks down the line but sometimes, like that one, in the same interview or conference.

Fair to assume for sure. Either that or another "I must speak of Spurs even if it means making shit up."

It's a never ending pattern with him. A headline grabbing quote followed by a contradictory statement sometimes a couple of weeks down the line but sometimes, like that one, in the same interview or conference.

I'm just disappointed the press are too slow to catch him when he comes out with one of the blatant lies about events that never took place - like him having managed a game against Villa for us last season.

I'm just disappointed the press are too slow to catch him when he comes out with one of the blatant lies about events that never took place - like him having managed a game against Villa for us last season.

We won 3-0 in the last game of the season against Villa.

Benteke didn't play though.

Can I pull you up on a blatant lie??

489554887-tottenham-hotspurs-english-manager-tim-gettyimages.jpg

Tottenham 3 - Aston Villa 0 Sunday 11th May 2014

:sherwoodlol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27273512

Easily done innit. :avbfacepalm:

Credit Gilet
Tim Sherwood is attempting to take almost unilateral credit for the development of Harry Kane. He's at it again in the wake of Kane's England call-up, claiming that he saved the striker's career when he was manager of Tottenham in January 2014.

"There were people at the club who wanted to bring in another striker and sacrifice Harry Kane," smarms Sherwood. "I wouldn't allow that to happen. They know who they are. That's why they should trust the people who know football within the club and not listen to outside influences who are trying to flog them a player."

Minutes played by Kane in the Premier League for Tottenham in the three months between January and March: 23.

It turns out "the people who know football within the club" (Sherwood) only decided to give Kane a chance in April after humbling 4-0 defeats to Chelsea and Liverpool in March.

"Everyone will tell you now that they always believed he would be a top player. But he had a few loans and a few managers never played him," said Sherwood.

Indeed.

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/9767879/Mediawatch

Back
Top Bottom