Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus people act like he left us to join the scum.

He took on a team who were struggling badly, didn't get the unrealistic top 4 the club and a lot of deluded fans were expecting then gets dumped at the end of the season for doing a fairly reasonable job.

Do you expect him to be happy with the way things went down?

He took on a team who were struggling badly, didn't get the unrealistic top 4 the club and a lot of deluded fans were expecting then gets dumped at the end of the season for doing a fairly reasonable job.

No, I do expect a professional to be professional though. As for not making top 4, why didn't he? Said himself on Sky that there are many "good managers" out of work at the moment and that he is "certainly" one of them. Would have thought that a "good manager" that had been around all but 7 members of the club for years would be able to do good things.

For the record I expected absolutely fuck all from him but HE is the one that made it clear what he had to do and then tried to distance himself from it when it became clear that he wouldn't do it.

Oh and why the smarmy digs at Pochettino? Was Levy that told him to fuck off, so why sit there with that yucking fat tongued drunkard making comments about what Pochettino "will feel" he can do and then sniggering like a twat?

Do I expect him to like what happened with us? Nope, neither do I give a damn what his feelings are. I hope he does get work soon, if he does well then fair fucks to him. If he fucks it up then maybe he'll check his ego at the door in future.

hahaha I love how he still gets people fuming. hero.

Your mistake is to think that people would be pissed off 'cos it's Tim. Whereas the reality is a bloke on the TV openly taking the piss out of our club with his Gooner mate...and you're calling him a hero. In fact, the only reason you're calling him a hero is because of how many Spurs fans he pisses off and you know such a comment will piss off more Spurs fans. Seriously, what kind of Spurs fan trolls Spurs fans about their former managers?

The thing is he should be happy and grateful to have just been given a chance at managing a premier league club with no previous managerial experience, whether he should have been kept on or not is another matter, the fact is the club gave him a chance and he'll probably get a prem job off the back of it, so some appreciation instead of sly digs wouldn't go a miss

The thing is he should be happy and grateful to have just been given a chance at managing a premier league club with no previous managerial experience, whether he should have been kept on or not is another matter, the fact is the club gave him a chance and he'll probably get a prem job off the back of it, so some appreciation instead of sly digs wouldn't go a miss

Don't blame him for giving some sly digs based on how he was treated by some idiot "fans" quite frankly.

The main point is I haven't witnessed Jol, Redknapp or AVB make constant digs at us on the media. And all of those have far more right to be aggrieved with their dismissals imo. I'll never hate Sherwood but for a grown man he has no decorum, the man needs some fucking media training that's for sure.

Your mistake is to think that people would be pissed off 'cos it's Tim. Whereas the reality is a bloke on the TV openly taking the piss out of our club with his Gooner mate...and you're calling him a hero. In fact, the only reason you're calling him a hero is because of how many Spurs fans he pisses off and you know such a comment will piss off more Spurs fans. Seriously, what kind of Spurs fan trolls Spurs fans about their former managers?
i like the bloke, what he says on the telly doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother anyone

i like the bloke, what he says on the telly doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother anyone

Sorry, I didn't realise you knew him. Of course it's going to bother people though, if a pundit is asked who they think will win the league and they say 'Spurs' just to get a laugh out of their mates, you're going to get a bit annoyed if your a Spurs fan. The same as watching a Spurs game with Alan Smith as a commentator...honestly, what right minded Spurs fan likes to hear anyone on the TV having a dig at their club?!

Personally over the whole Sherwood thing now. When he was our manager I gave him support and he did provide some good results not to mention bring Kane and bentaleb through, I thought he was poorly treated by fans and levy considering he was effectively a cover manager.

That being said he is way to cocky in interviews and while he may be aggrieved at how levy treated him he needs in public to show more respect like Martin Jol.

If he wasn't cocky all the time he would have my sympathies and support, life lesson don't burn your bridges.

:baeshock:

Short term memory?

27 points from the first 16 games isn't my definition of 'struggling badly'. The problems the team had then were just replaced with other problems by the time he'd finished, so yes I do expect him to be happy with the way things went down - if he stayed any longer we'd have had all sorts of squad issues this summer, no doubt about it.

We did him a favour by letting him have a go, then did him another favour by letting him go before he messed up the good he did to his CV by May.

No humility, and he's only proving people right who said he didn't care about the club

A mate played golf with Malkay Mackay's agent today and apparently he has been told the job has been given to Sherwood because he asked for less money and that's the only way they could split the two.

Personally over the whole Sherwood thing now. When he was our manager I gave him support and he did provide some good results not to mention bring Kane and bentaleb through, I thought he was poorly treated by fans and levy considering he was effectively a cover manager.

That being said he is way to cocky in interviews and while he may be aggrieved at how levy treated him he needs in public to show more respect like Martin Jol.

If he wasn't cocky all the time he would have my sympathies and support, life lesson don't burn your bridges.
Very sensible post..... are you feeling all right Tomo? ;)

Back
Top Bottom