This is why the media are desperate for Poch to join United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman sorry for the language but I have had one or two pints of fermented apple juice and the Poch situation has got me fuming.
Drunken git!
giphy.gif

It’s probably a big conspiracy theory (but who doesn’t love one of those?) but what is intriguing about your post is that sky bet (& the other sites) have been slashing the odds on an hourly basis as Sky sports news have been ramping up the “Poch to United” story. You noticed it happening on your app, with the cunningly places advert for their betting site, all lined up with the current odds. He’s as short as 11/8 in places now. Haven’t seen (haven’t looked) at what the odds are of him staying put, but would guess they will be similar.
Personally, I think Zidane at 9/1 is a bloody amazing bet.

Oh wow amazing odds for Zidane, would be quite an obvious choice.

A great way to deal with this is to see it for what it is.
And that is basically:

A Times journalist said Poch wants to go, and his paper has proceeded to fly the flag of fake news for him
A Sky journalist was made to look like a cunt while Poch laughed in his face
Carragher thinks he should join Utd
Neville thinks he should join Utd

Thats really about it, from what I can see.

I haven't paid a Sky subscription for at least 15 years. Fucking home for retired and senile and incontinent old Gooners and Dippers. Fuck them.

Sky have created a generation of fucking social media and keyboard warriors. Cunts that take iPads to games and buy half and half scarves and love a bit of soccer ball.
I knocked sky on the head just as we were getting more air time 2,3 seasons ago typical but still don’t regret it or miss it....;)

I don’t have a ST yet, and streams are not always reliable so I have little choice but to get Sky really, if I want to watch spurs. Especially with how much we are on the telly. I don’t know the numbers but I’m pretty sure that well over half our premier league games are televised over a season.

Until we get to a point where Teams are allowed to broadcast their own matches via specific packages - which, in this day and age we should - then I’ll have to keep doing it. Unless someone wants to give me their Sky ID login? :p

I agree not ready to give up sky but only turned on at KO time thus missing all the biased build up and reducing their audience which affects the amount of money they can charge advertisers. Also whilst a few years ago used to watch the sky sports news channel all the time , I now rarely turn it on. However I do not want to watch even more matches on a dodgy stream.

SkyBet should be a fraud investigation every day of the week.

It’s also generating huge money in the betting markets. Imagine how much money punters (who are being told by Sky this is a “done deal”) stand to lose if Poch isn’t at United come the start of next season? And Sky of course have a massive betting site in their inventory. Easy way of generating a nice little earner innit? Media controlled campaign that leaves Poch a heavy favourite, all the while knowing he’s contracted for years & most likely isn’t even interested in that poisoned chalice.

I agree that the whole thing stinks of 'corruption', but not involving Sky Bet. Sky don't own Sky Bet any more - they held 20% of the company until this year and sold that in April. So given the process that Sky Bet went through when the company was sold I doubt they need a fraud investigation any more than any other on-line betting company. It's simply a biased relationship between Man U and Sky.

I don’t have a ST yet, and streams are not always reliable so I have little choice but to get Sky really, if I want to watch spurs. Especially with how much we are on the telly. I don’t know the numbers but I’m pretty sure that well over half our premier league games are televised over a season.

Until we get to a point where Teams are allowed to broadcast their own matches via specific packages - which, in this day and age we should - then I’ll have to keep doing it. Unless someone wants to give me their Sky ID login? :p

Back
Top Bottom