This is why the media are desperate for Poch to join United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's an easy story and people are lazy.
It’s also generating huge money in the betting markets. Imagine how much money punters (who are being told by Sky this is a “done deal”) stand to lose if Poch isn’t at United come the start of next season? And Sky of course have a massive betting site in their inventory. Easy way of generating a nice little earner innit? Media controlled campaign that leaves Poch a heavy favourite, all the while knowing he’s contracted for years & most likely isn’t even interested in that poisoned chalice.

This is how I prefer to see it all anyway.

Despite the claim that they're merely reporting the news, the media seem desperate for Pochettino to join Manchester United. Gozzy gives us a theory as to why...

Read article
Wow!! Eye opener to say the least, if even half of it is true it's actually frightening, I mean don't get me wrong as a populus we have all been aware of a general bias, obviously in the fergie era especially, I think there will be others like me who genuinely believed this was as a result of the prospect for officials of 10 minutes in the old red nosed bastards office if things didn't go their way, if those walls could talk. But will admit I had no idea of just how cosy this particular relationship was, to think that after the dippers chnited match, when I wanted to literally climb in my telly and backhand Jaime redknapp as he potentially 'towed the party line' this was actually as a result of a company wide rhetoric to make sure everyone continued to get their cushy parking spaces, comfy seats, canapės and big brown envelopes makes me sick, but... not at all.surprised, let's just hope Poch is the man he has always shown himself to be, humble, honest and, let's not do ourselves down here, sensible enough, to realise that a move there now would literally put him back where he was when he walked in our door, and this weeks events have shown that he wouldn't get the time he has with us there and all because of the parking, sofas and brown envelopes.

If and it’s a big if Pochettino gives in and makes his way to United it’s returning us to the bad old days of being a feeder team and if it does happen there’s nothing gonna stop it happening in 4,5 years time with the next manager if successful and so it continues what’s the fucking point in us trying to challenge,none.

It’s also generating huge money in the betting markets. Imagine how much money punters (who are being told by Sky this is a “done deal”) stand to lose if Poch isn’t at United come the start of next season? And Sky of course have a massive betting site in their inventory. Easy way of generating a nice little earner innit? Media controlled campaign that leaves Poch a heavy favourite, all the while knowing he’s contracted for years & most likely isn’t even interested in that poisoned chalice.

Interestingly, immediately as mourinho was sacked I got the usual notification from sky sports on phone, so obviously was straight in there and in the article was an advert for sky bet, next Utd manager, Poch was 20/1 but within 5 mins Neville was piping up and by the end of the day it was like it was a done deal, this certainly lends some credibility to this conspiracy, almost like someone at sky bet went 'Poch? No chance, happy at spurs, turned down Madrid, (plus inside info etc) 20/1 then the boss got on the phone and said throw everything behind the Poch to utd story...mmmmmmm

If and it’s a big if Pochettino gives in and makes his way to United it’s returning us to the bad old days of being a feeder team and if it does happen there’s nothing gonna stop it happening in 4,5 years time with the next manager if successful and so it continues what’s the fucking point in us trying to challenge,none.
Chill chill chill my friend!!! None of us know the future, yes we all.want Poch to stay of course we do, but if, god forbid, he was in a serious car accident tomorrow and couldn't carry on, would you feel the same? It's the raw emotion of your girlfriend leaving you for the bloke down the pub you've always thought was a tosser. If he went, what is to say that levy wouldn't go out and get us the next big thing like he did when he got Poch, who is not wanting the tottenham job with the position we will be in? Best stadium in Europe, established in top 4 of PL, the bad old days are long gone my friend and although the loss of the manager would be a huge blow, we are a very different club from that one that bent over and took it from everyone 10 years ago

SkyBet should be a fraud investigation every day of the week.

Interestingly, immediately as mourinho was sacked I got the usual notification from sky sports on phone, so obviously was straight in there and in the article was an advert for sky bet, next Utd manager, Poch was 20/1 but within 5 mins Neville was piping up and by the end of the day it was like it was a done deal, this certainly lends some credibility to this conspiracy, almost like someone at sky bet went 'Poch? No chance, happy at spurs, turned down Madrid, (plus inside info etc) 20/1 then the boss got on the phone and said throw everything behind the Poch to utd story...mmmmmmm
It’s probably a big conspiracy theory (but who doesn’t love one of those?) but what is intriguing about your post is that sky bet (& the other sites) have been slashing the odds on an hourly basis as Sky sports news have been ramping up the “Poch to United” story. You noticed it happening on your app, with the cunningly places advert for their betting site, all lined up with the current odds. He’s as short as 11/8 in places now. Haven’t seen (haven’t looked) at what the odds are of him staying put, but would guess they will be similar.
Personally, I think Zidane at 9/1 is a bloody amazing bet.

SkyBet should be a fraud investigation every day of the week.

I agree that the whole thing stinks of 'corruption', but not involving Sky Bet. Sky don't own Sky Bet any more - they held 20% of the company until this year and sold that in April. So given the process that Sky Bet went through when the company was sold I doubt they need a fraud investigation any more than any other on-line betting company. It's simply a biased relationship between Man U and Sky.

I agree that the whole thing stinks of 'corruption', but not involving Sky Bet. Sky don't own Sky Bet any more - they held 20% of the company until this year and sold that in April. So given the process that Sky Bet went through when the company was sold I doubt they need a fraud investigation any more than any other on-line betting company. It's simply a biased relationship between Man U and Sky.
Stelling still the poster boy of their adverts.
Kamara been heavily linked with Ladbrokes.
Both employed by Sky sports as presenters and pundits. It stinks. I’ll make you right there.

sir-alex-ferguson-mauricio-pocchetino-tottenham_3464374.jpg

They've wanted it ever since.

It’s probably a big conspiracy theory (but who doesn’t love one of those?) but what is intriguing about your post is that sky bet (& the other sites) have been slashing the odds on an hourly basis as Sky sports news have been ramping up the “Poch to United” story. You noticed it happening on your app, with the cunningly places advert for their betting site, all lined up with the current odds. He’s as short as 11/8 in places now. Haven’t seen (haven’t looked) at what the odds are of him staying put, but would guess they will be similar.

They have history with this, in May with Woolwich was ridiculous, they made everyone believe and bet that Arteta was going to become the new manager, sprinkled the markets with others like Rodgers and Allegri, probably knowing full well Emery in the frame but making him look a rank outsider

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6345808/unai-emery-odds-Woolwich-mikel-arteta/

Oh wow amazing odds for Zidane, would be quite an obvious choice.

Pochettino was 5/4 to be new Real Madrid manager just a month ago..

Leave them be. It's even funnier when he stays.

In Poch we must trust

My take on it is that this may happen 2-3 years down the line and maybe not with this shower of shit but RM will be a bigger call so he can put one over on Barca

He’s not finished the job with us yet and I believe him to be a man of honour

The only way to fight back is cancelling your Sky subscription. No good moaning about their agenda if you're paying them exorbitant amounts of money each month. I'm Sky free now and it's invigorating, fuck em.

The only way to fight back is cancelling your Sky subscription. No good moaning about their agenda if you're paying them exorbitant amounts of money each month. I'm Sky free now and it's invigorating, fuck em.
I totally 100% agree, however there's no way I'm cancelling sky! There in lies the problem, the same as everything in life, the busses where I live are a disgrace, late, don't turn up, ALL staff hideously rude, complain... Nothing happens, why? Monopoly, in bed with the council, will never lose the gig, so therefore in a sad reflection of this world we live in, revert to type, fuck everyone else, as long as I'm ok. In fairness I only discovered the level of seedyness through this thread in the last hour, but I am completely sports mad, nothing else gets a look in, other than swimming or anything with horses, I'll watch anything. Fair play to you for binning them off, I will certainly reconsider as soon as the seasons over and the ashes and all the golf majors are done, probably just wait til the darts world championship 2019 is done, then I'll have a think about it!!

It's not really even a conspiracy theory, it's a bit like the Energy providers and the accusation of a cartel. Everyone knows they collude (whichever way they choose to do it) to keep bumping up the price of energy. Its capitalism gone bad.

Back
Top Bottom