The THFC Player Committee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve seen teams take batterings, but never like that.

I honestly don’t think the Brazil Germany game was even that bad.

Sometimes a team is just on fire & ultra clinical and its a perfect storm of that & the other team being low on confidence and they get battered. Newcastle were good but they're not elite like that Germany team, we just straight up did not turn up for the first 20 mins.

Again, props to the players for at least accepting that. I'll accept that tactically it was a mess so it doesn't 100% fall on their door, but collectively that game is not something our supporters should have to pay for. Right decision made.

5 nil down after 20 mins because the team can't close a player down or do the absolute basic bare minimum shit like pressing is not part of rolling with the punches. Thankfully the team realise what an utter disgrace they are. The gesture was entirely necessary.

The players are paid incredible money to go out and be professionals. That wasn't a professional performance & the fans shouldn't have to pay for it.
Lool

Only this day in age, needy fans.

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Aren’t “player committees” a thing at every club? Pretty sure we’ve had one for decades.

Didn’t this lead to Robbie Keane hiring a jet for the Christmas party in Dublin one year when told the party was off?

All organisations have a group of senior staff that the managers, leaders and owners speak to on policy etc.

Just hoping at their next meeting they can actually decide to try when the match is being played.

I see a report on the BBC website is implying that this group of players had their meeting with Levy after the Newcastle game and got Stellini sacked. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. I mean I agree with the sacking. I've no idea why he was left here after Conte went.

I suppose that just leaves the usual questions over Levy's stewardship of the footballing side. Relying on your players to tell you where you've gone wrong ain't a good look.

Here's the article if anyone is interested...

I see a report on the BBC website is implying that this group of players had their meeting with Levy after the Newcastle game and got Stellini sacked. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. I mean I agree with the sacking. I've no idea why he was left here after Conte went.

I suppose that just leaves the usual questions over Levy's stewardship of the footballing side. Relying on your players to tell you where you've gone wrong ain't a good look.

I suppose heaping all of the blame onto Stellini was a nice little get-out for the players. Trouble is they've got to start playing and winning now.

I know I've bored you guys with my conversation with the NFL coach but seriously lads it's like the bloke knew what was going in the club. His words keep ringing in my head.

"You have a group of senior voices that have been talking too long and too loudly to allow success the space to enter the dressing room"

"They have inculcated a culture of failure and until they to a man, Kane included are purged you will win nothing. Their achievements at international level means nothing because there will be louder dominant voices in those room"

"Whoever is to start fixing your mess must make the dismissal of everyone of your senior leadership team his first order of business: then the coaching, fitness,and a culture of decipline and respect comes next"

Lads this was before any of this bullshit about leadership groups was common knowledge. I can't stop thinking how much I'd kill for him as an advisor to the next coach on a HR level.

Last edited:
I know I've bored you guys with my conversation with the NFL coach but seriously lads it's like the bloke knew what was going in the club. His words keep ringing in my head.

"You have a group of senior voices that have been talking too long and too loudly to allow success the space to enter the dressing room"

"They have inculcated a culture of failure and until they to a man, Kane included are purged you will win nothing. There achievements at international level means nothing because there will be louder dominat voices in those room"

"Who ever is to start to fix your mess must make the dismissal of everyone of your senior leadership team his first order of business then the coaching, fitness,and a culture of decipline and respect comes next"

Lads this was before any of this bullshit about leadership groups was common knowledge. I can't stop thinking how much I'd kill for him as an advisor to the next coach on a HR level.
This makes way more sense than anything else I've heard on the matter. I'm still not sure Kane is an issue, but he's either a non-issue or THE issue. It's not beyond reason that his voice is loud. He doesn't strike me as a natural leader in terms of giving a rousing speech, though. Great example, though.

The pipeline from senior players to the chairman is something anyone considering taking the manager's job would naturally worry about. From what has been written in the past, it goes beyond just having a player's committee. That sort of thing undercuts the manager and it also keeps the locker room under the control of some senior players who appear not to care sufficiently about winning. If Levy occasionally talks to Kane that is one thing, but that backdoor exists for lesser senior players it is worrying.

"They have inculcated a culture of failure and until they to a man, Kane included are purged you will win nothing. Their achievements at international level means nothing because there will be louder dominant voices in those room"

"Whoever is to start fixing your mess must make the dismissal of everyone of your senior leadership team his first order of business: then the coaching, fitness,and a culture of decipline and respect comes next"

Name names. Who precisely is the 'senior leadership team' he's referring to?

Back
Top Bottom