The Spurs Of London - SL Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't see that but it makes me want to puke to be honest. Bentaleb might be the sole bright spot from this season and he gets the most stick of anyone. He is a child. Barely old enough to have a drink and he plays harder and better than many of our players.

If we get LVG he'll make Bentaleb into a top 15 midfielder in Europe.

It's ridiculous to say that the guy is apparently like royalty though, I rarely criticise the guy at all but that was a terrible pass.

It's got nothing to do with the rest of his game, just the normal people jumping on anyone who says "Bentaleb". People did the same the other week when Harry Kane got caught in possession and they'd have ripped Naughton, Rose or Siggy to pieces for the same pass.

Bentaleb had a great game from what I saw, but that pass was a shocker.

Hmm. So I avoid the Spurs Facebook page at all costs nowadays for the simple fact so many of our fans are twats. But on a more positive note I think Chadli showed up his doubters, Andros is slowly getting back to form and Fryers, Naughton and Rose all had terrific games.

Good to See Chadli score a brace. Been saying he's got majestic technique since we bought him but he's gotten so much criticism on this forum... Some is deserved for lack of effort - but tonight... Tonight he was our best player and he gave it 110% from the kick off.

Well what a pleasant 90mins of viewing that was for a change. We showed passion and desire and never looked like we would implode and hand them a goal at any time.
Great effort from the lads and a refreshing decent display.. The team can hold their heads up, which hasn't been able to happen for quite some time.

So close to a famous win. Not only the pen shout but also the save from siggy's header and the last ditch intercept from luisao.

Just classic spurs that even when we have rotten luck, we somehow manage to find that extra layer of fucked overness.

I think tonight we showed benfica what it really means to be cursed.

Come on what do you expect? A mis match in CD where both Sandro and Fryers played bloody well under the circumstances. We fucked it up at home. Wrong team, wrong formation, no bottle in midfield, this season's epitaph. Keep Chadli. Soldado can fuck off back to Spain. Wanders all over the place then when he gets a chance a fluffs it. Jury not out now. Done and dusted. Move him on. We will have forgotten him by Christmas

He may not be a defender, but that was the stupidest of fouls.

No I know, but we expect that of Sandro lately, I'm sure he's fouled more than he's tackled since he's back from injury. Not saying he's played well, but he's been predictably poor. Everyone has seen that really.

I was annoyed that we were so close to a win and such a silly, pointless pass let them through on goal against Sandro.

Apparently (not you) I can't say that Nabil made a mistake without somehow that meaning that he is awful and had an awful game :lennon:

Good performance, best in ages. Far from perfect of course but a big improvement.

Bentaleb was excellent. Chadli the best Ive seen him. I thought Naughton was good. Rose did ok.

By the way, we are bang on to lose this weekend or have a 0-0 draw. We aren't allowed to have quality back to back performances this season. I saw it in the by laws somewhere.

Also worth noting, Fryers looks like he could be a solid rotation CB in a year or two.

Last edited:
Lennon is so useless in the box. Can't pass when he should rather have, can't finish when there is no other option. CHIP IT, LENNON. CHIP! Don't pass into 3 defenders.

43 year old geezer

2nd choice RB - CDM who is playing on pain killers 4 games in two weeks - Youth LB - Rose

19 year old CDM - CAM back just back from injury

out of form RM (captain) - Belgian who receives a lot of flack - back from injury prospect

Heavily out of form Spaniard

Young English striker, Young Danish wonder boy

2-2 Against a team who haven't lost in ages (at home even longer) and haven't conceded 2 in ages also,

Defeat, yeah, but I'm proud

just got out of meeting saw score got to be proud of them for that, reminds me of the gutsy 2-2 in Basel last year, I hope we have unlocked chadli now too... he could be important for winning games rest of season as we lack finishers

By the way, we are bang on to lose this weekend of have a 0-0 draw. We aren't allowed to have quality back to back performances this season. I saw it in the by laws somewhere.

Also worth noting, Fryers looks like he could be a solid rotation CB in a year or two.

I think all of our Sherwood performances in Europe have been followed by an equal result in the League. (not score, just result)

Cheeky bet to draw at Southampton would be a statistically likely winner

Back
Top Bottom