The Spurs Of London - SL Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True, I meant more in terms of the momentum and the crowd, I think it would have had a big impact on the last twenty minutes.

I think we just needed luck, can't fault their efforts, had two clear chances that would have been goals if not for the keeper, and the penalty claim was very strong

I'm really glad Naughton played well, he's consistently improving with game time and I hope that people are seeing that he's not a "championship player" and he does have a lot to offer.
The boy is certainly looking sharper and more confident. A run of games is clearly doing him the world of good.

That quote was me :adegrin: - and I hope Naughton carries on proving me wrong.

The boy is certainly looking sharper and more confident. A run of games is clearly doing him the world of good.

That quote was me :adegrin: - and I hope Naughton carries on proving me wrong.

I think a few said it to be fair, he's seen as the inferior walker I think, but he's taking his chances and establishing himself really well

And Chadli took both goals extremely well. First one was a superb finish. Second one, instinctive. And to think, our £26m striker would have probably missed it :avbfacepalm:

Always rated the guy, scored some great goals for FC Twente. Big, strong, powerful, great with both feet. Should be starting given our current lack of form players in the final third.

Stats show that when Lennon scores we have never lost. #Lennonyoubetterscorethefirstfuckinggoalmotherfucker

Lennon was a disgrace in the first half:

BjMTkD0CMAAnXYq.png

He needs to be moved on. The very worst thing that can happen is he score/assist between now and the end of the season because he will be back mugging managers for the next 10 years.

I'm sure he was made captain just to troll ole Gibbsy. Lennons leadership was non existent. Bentaleb took the game by the scruff. Showed up by a teenager.

I think we just needed luck, can't fault their efforts, had two clear chances that would have been goals if not for the keeper, and the penalty claim was very strong

Luck has nothing to do with it. 90 mins had gone and they were bursting into our area with pace and determination like it was the first 5 mins.

wow what a trip, still recovering, our support is the dogs on these european trips........wish I had known a few of you on here were going out, we could have blowed the froth off a couple......

As for the team, they were brilliant with the exception of Lennon. He needs to go in the summer, he offered nothing all game, Naughton played a blinder seeing as lennon was on his heels in front of him the whole match, how lennon was made captain was beyond me. He offered nothing in terms of leadership and as written above Nabil showed more fight and character.

but typical lennon, always missing in the big games or when it matters..........yes townsend fucked up at times but at least he was showing and wanting the ball

Only just recovered and it's Sunday ffs. Ended up going on a pub crawl on Friday night before a 9.30 flight yesterday. Needless to say I've just slept for about 10 hours.

What a cracking first European away day. Brilliant atmosphere over in Lisbon.

Spurs had to do it in that fashion though. All over there for the piss up and then they offer that tiny bit of hope, incredibly cruel.

Roll on next season in Europe!

Back
Top Bottom