The ScotSpurs Thread (read the OP)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello!

With the blessing of @ Admin Admin I'm creating this thread to post updates on FC ScotSpurs, the Scottish based Spurs Supporters Football team.

For anyone that might be interested in playing the odd game for us etc.

We are going to be playing Spurs Legends again in 2014 to pay Tribute to the late great John White, 50 years after his passing and we will use this to keep updates of that, fundraising ideas, sponsorship etc.

2013 has been a great year for us, with a return to regular football. We played the Spurs Legends in May, eventually falling 6-2 after leading at Half time and we claimed our first piece of Silverware by winning the Iain Younger Masters at Hampden back in June.

I know some Scottish Spurs lads and you all deserve credit for your loyalty to Tottenham Hotspur.
When you think of the Scots we have had at White Hart Lane playing for our beloved Spurs. John Cameron, Bill Brown, the aforementioned Johnny White (rip), Dave Mackay, Gilly, Richard Gough......

I know some Scottish Spurs lads and you all deserve credit for your loyalty to Tottenham Hotspur.
When you think of the Scots we have had at White Hart Lane playing for our beloved Spurs. John Cameron, Bill Brown, the aforementioned Johnny White (rip), Dave Mackay, Gilly, Richard Gough......
Hutton :bmj:

I heard once that we only ever win a trophy with a jock in the side.

No idea if its true.

Personally I love you drunken idiots....and I totally understand your England hatred.

As regards to the only winning things with Scots we've certainly done ok with Scots in the side.

The only successes I'm not 100% sure contained Scots are 1921 FA Cup and the 50's Title winning side although both may have had Scottish folk involved.

Certainly proud of Spurs Scottish heritage starting way back with John Cameron in 1901 to the 60's side with so many great Scottish influence.

The Scottish Connections of Tottenham Hotspur
by Paul Yarden on 03/26/11

Spurs have always had more than their fair share of Scots in the team (and managing the club).

Our earliest success came in the 1901 FA Cup when we were still in the Southern League and had a Scottish player-manager - John Cameron and Alex 'Sandy' Brown set an FA Cup goalscoring record which still stands today some 110 years later.

In fact, there were no less than five Scotsmen in that FA Cup winning team including full-back Harry Erentz.

Our second FA Cup win in 1921 was also under a Scottish manager, Peter McWilliam.

It was well into the 1930s before Spurs fielded a first team line-up without a single Scot in the team.

Our legendary team in the early to mid-60s contained Dave Mackay, John White, Bill Brown and Alan Gilzean - all outstanding Scottish internationals.

Since then, we've featured players like Graeme Souness, Neil McNab, Alfie Conn, John Duncan, Gordon Smith, Willie Young, Steve Archibald, Alan Brazil, Richard Gough, Colin Calderwood, Gordon Durie, Neil Sullivan and Alan Hutton.

Our Scottish managers have included John Cameron (1899-1907), Peter McWilliam (1913-27 & 1938-42) and George Graham (1998-2001).

Spurs have played two Scottish clubs in European competition - Rangers in the 1962-63 Cup Winners' Cup (won 8-4 on aggregate) and Aberdeen in the 1973-74 UEFA Cup (won 5-2 on aggregate).

In the 1956-57 season, Spurs participated in the Anglo-Scottish Floodlit Tournament, playing Hibernian, Partick Thistle and Heart of Midlothian.

We played a combined Glasgow XI in the Glasgow Charity Cup at Hampden Park in 1964 (lost 2-4).

The Texaco Cup in 1970-71 saw Spurs up against Dunfermline Athletic and Motherwell.

During the 1960s, Spurs regularly used to play a pre-season friendly against Rangers at Ibrox Park.

More recently, Spurs met Celtic in the Wembley Tournament.

Back
Top Bottom