The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my opinion:

We will get 20 points from our remaining 9 games, leaving us with 75 points
Aston Villa (W), Bournemouth (W), Liverpool (D), United (D), Stoke (W), West Brom (W), Chelsea (L), Southampton (W), Newcastle (W)

Leicester will get 14 points from their remaining 9 games, leaving them with 74 points
Newcastle (W), Palace (W), Southampton (D), Sunderland (L), West Ham (W), Swansea (W), United (L), Everton (D), Chelsea (L)

Woolwich will get 20 points from their remaining 9 games, leaving them with 72 points
Everton (D), West Brom (W), Watford (W), West Ham (L), Palace (W), Sunderland (W), Norwich (W), City (L), Villa (W)

Manchester City will get 24 points from their remaining 10 games, leaving them with 74 points
Norwich (L), United (W), Newcastle (W), Bournemouth (W), West Brom (W), Chelsea (L), Stoke (W), Southampton (W), Woolwich (W), Swansea (W)

But obviously there is no chance of me getting this right with all the twists and turns that will happen before seasons end. Let us hope I am correct.

It all seems like wishful thinking. But sure, I hope you're right.

If we drop points to Villa or Bournemouth then thats the title out of our grasp. Does Poch actually see this? I am also imagining a top 4 finish (which is not guaranteed ) is important to us securing that £30m a year Nike deal.Possibly going up to £150m for 5 years. Very important with respect to funding our stadium development. This is modern football unfortunately.Once again is the Europa worth prioritizing?

If we drop points to Villa or Bournemouth then thats the title out of our grasp. Does Poch actually see this? I am also imagining a top 4 finish (which is not guaranteed ) is important to us securing that £30m a year Nike deal.Possibly going up to £150m for 5 years. Very important with respect to funding our stadium development. This is modern football unfortunately.Once again is the Europa worth prioritizing?
Flip the coin on that approach and I'm sure us getting battered 0-10 by Dortmund would make the sales pitch to Nike a tad difficult.

Could be John Terry's last match at Stamford Bridge and he will not want to go out a loser and you think chelsea fans will be happy to have Leicester fans chanting Champions at them. They might hate us but if it all comes down to the last match, we are undoubtedly going to have to win our match and I think Chelsea fans will hope Newcastle stop us.
Biggest worry is they play weak team because they are still in the FACup.
The chance to deny Spurs the title in his final game is probably John Terry's wet dream. He hates us.

Surely you get the point fella.
Are you saying our rotated squad can't beat Villa? But can beat Dortmund away?

I am tired of this straw-manery. I am sure we can beat Villa without rotation but to have the same players play every game for the next 4,i think we will drop points to bournemouth because we will be tired like the week before.I suppose its more of an issue of not running Dier,Dele,Wimmer,Alderweireld and kane into the ground

We can't rotate central defence because we have only two defenders..
We can rotate in midfield : Ie: Play a 1st choice mid with 2nd choice..Dier +Carroll, Dembele +Mason
We can rotate upfront : Kane or Son

but we do not do it.. I suppose it is based on this fallacy that if we change things a little the wheels come off,that is simply not the case. Poch is showing a lack of trust in certain players Imo.

For me a win against villa and bournemouth is equally or more important than dortmund.

We can't rotate central defence because we have only two defenders..
We can rotate in midfield : Ie: Play a 1st choice mid with 2nd choice..Dier +Carroll, Dembele +Mason
We can rotate upfront : Kane or Son

but we do not do it.. I suppose it is based on this fallacy that if we change things a little the wheels come off,that is simply not the case. Poch is showing a lack of trust in certain players Imo.

For me a win against villa and bournemouth is equally or more important than dortmund.
We do rotate though, in fact it is a much talked about strategy of ours, our full backs are the most rotated out of any team. Poch manages the minutes of Ali, Chadli, Son & Lamella. In the cups and EL he has left Kane on the bench. He has used Carrol and Mason and using Bentaleb in FA Cup. The only players who are not rotated have been, Alderweireld, Dier & Eriksen (Kane has also played a lot of mins but has been rotated). Wimmer has played 16 games all season, you can't be serious if you think he needs a rest. BTW John Terry played every minute of every game for Chelsea last year at the age of 34/35.

I know your stance, I am not trying to change your mind, I'm just saying it is no way a major cause for concern or at least the doom and gloom that you predict. I think we have managed the squad across competitions very well this year. YES it is a challenge for EVERY club who at this stage in the season who still have something to play for (that includes teams fighting relegation) and it will be every season. Dortmund played Bayern on the same day we played the scum, I bet on their forum there is discussion about injuries, fatigue and who plays and who doesn't. It's challenge but no different than it is any other for any other club, including those teams we are competing head to head with.

Last edited:
People assuming Leicester will drop so many points after the season they've had are going on nothing but blind optimism. Not saying they won't, but how anybody can predict that is crazy.

People assuming Leicester will drop so many points after the season they've had are going on nothing but blind optimism. Not saying they won't, but how anybody can predict that is crazy.

Most unpredictable league there has been in ages, i've given up with predicting results by now its pretty impossible. Bookies must be loving this season.

Most unpredictable league there has been in ages, i've given up with predicting results by now its pretty impossible. Bookies must be loving this season.

They'll need to be for when all the 5000/1 Leicester title bets come in.

Wonder what odds we were at the beginning of the season?

Not predicting that but my opinion is that they will completely bottle it and so will Ranieri

I've posted that they have been fortunate to pick up 4 points in last 2 games so if we can go on another run then they will crack

Forget Woolwich

Forget Citeh

It's between the two of us and I back us!

:pochohshit:

A quick google suggests 150/1 was available.

Premier League winner odds at the start of the season: 7-4 Chelsea; 3-1 Manchester City; 7-2 Woolwich; 5-1 Manchester United; 28-1 Liverpool; 150-1 Tottenham; 300-1 Everton; 300-1 Southampton; 3000-1 Crystal Palace; 3000-1 West Ham; 5000-1 Aston Villa; 5000-1 Leicester; 5000-1 Sunderland; 5000-1 West Brom; 7500-1 Bournemouth; 7500-1 Norwich; 10,000-1 Watford

Halfway odds sum up crazy Premier League season

Leicester have been sensational in my view, and i think will win the league with games to spare

o7x1oEZ.gif

No way the bookies are losing on this. How many people you think really put a bet on Leicester to win the league? On the flip side look at all the losing tickets they will have already cashed in on with three of the title favourites (Chelski, Citeh, United) falling away

No way the bookies are losing on this. How many people you think really put a bet on Leicester to win the league? On the flip side look at all the losing tickets they will have already cashed in on with three of the title favourites (Chelski, Citeh, United) falling away

Yeah.... i wasn't really being serious. :thumbup:

Think of all the Stoke / West Brom fans that will being having a punt at the beginning next season

"Well if Leicester can fucking do it"

I'm sure Poch sees it.
I'd rather finish fifth and win the EL than finish fourth and win nothing.
But I'd rather win the league than 10 Europa League's.
William Hill said they had a mere FIVE bets on Leicester to win the league at the start of the season. Must be thousands of bets on City etc.

Back
Top Bottom