The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're going to lose our next 2 games, the goonies will win theirs and they'll finish 2 points above us again. we'll be 5th, having gone out of the Champions League at the semi-final stage.

So it's the Europa Cup, or whatever it's called, next season.

How could you possibly rather be in the Europa than CL. We are in the semis playing huge clubs while Chelsea and Woolwich have been off in bloody Azerbaijan all year on a Thursday night.
It was sarcasm.

As in some posters on here would rather we win a trophy, any trophy, even the League Cup, than be in the top 4.

I thought the first line of my post made that clear.

My mind wanders back to the season we needed a point from our last two games to finish above Woolwich for the first time in a couple of decades.

1-0 up Vs SCBC at home and lost 2-1. Last game away to already relegated Toon....lost 5-1.
giphy.gif

We're going to lose our next 2 games, the goonies will win theirs and they'll finish 2 points above us again. we'll be 5th, having gone out of the Champions League at the semi-final stage.

So it's the Europa Cup, or whatever it's called, next season.
Fancy giving the team talk on Tuesday? :sonpoint:

We shouldn't even be talking about this anymore. Third should have been wrapped up a few games ago. The gap we have allowed to decrease since new year is terrible and we're pretty lucky that the 3 behind us are pretty pish as well.
Still, there's been a load of highs this season and I'd have been more than happy with third and our CL run but it's the way that we're stumbling along that pisses me off.

We shouldn't even be talking about this anymore. Third should have been wrapped up a few games ago. The gap we have allowed to decrease since new year is terrible and we're pretty lucky that the 3 behind us are pretty pish as well.
Still, there's been a load of highs this season and I'd have been more than happy with third and our CL run but it's the way that we're stumbling along that pisses me off.

Hindsight and all of that pal. If you had been offered 3rd place with 2 games to spare and a semi final against Ajax in the Champions League last August would you have snapped that up? Seasons will have peaks and troughs, we should all just focus on a powerful predicament right now of possible glory, and I mean real glory.

What's done is done, we've had a gruelling season consisting of no pre season, no signings, two South Korean international tournaments, two ankle rolls involving our talisman, 3 hammys and a broken hand for Del Boy, a hammy for Vertonghen, Dier turning into sick boy and no place to call home until a month before the season ends.

We sit pretty as it stands, time for another push

Last edited:
Not if Wolves win at home against Fulham next week.

Everton have Burnley at home and Wolves play Fulham at home that weekend.

Really a Wolves win rules Everton out of the race for 7th but equally it does Chelsea a favour as it will mean Leciester's home game against them will more than likely be a dead rubber seeing at they face Man City on Monday.

Really the best thing to come out of today's results is we don't need two more wins to get there, we secure it with one win and could probably get there with less.

Son needs a big game come Saturday, especially as he gets a week's rest based on his suspension but to reiterate, a Wolves win at home against Fulham kills off Everton's 7th place chances.

My point is that right now Everton are still in with a chance of 7th which means our game against them could have a huge importance for them as things stand now.

Wolves could easily draw against Fulham and lose to Liverpool

Anyway if we beat Bournemouth its job done. Don't mess this up lads

Welcome to Spursyworld my friend.

Not one to make excuses and there have been results that have infuriated me.

However has anyone stopped to think that maybe our poor league form over the last couple of months may have something to do with the constant injuries to: Kane, Alli, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Lamela, Aurier... I could go on.

Sometimes you need to see the bigger picture. To get third without investment and the amount of first team injuries we’ve had would be a good achievement. Pair that with our champions league run and it’s been a very successful campaign given the hinderences.

Hindsight and all of that pal. If you had been offered 3rd place with 2 games to spare and a semi final against Ajax in the Champions League last August would you have snapped that up? Seasons will have peaks and troughs, we should all just focus on a powerful predicament right now of possible glory, and I mean real glory.

What's done it done, we've had a gruelling season consisting of no pre season, no signings, two South Korean international tournaments, two ankle rolls involving our talisman, 3 hammys and a broken hand for Del Boy, a hammy for Vertonghen, Dier turning into sick boy and no place to call home until a month before the season ends.

We sit pretty as it stands, time for another push
You forgot about Lamela, Wanyama, and Winks all being injured. Dembele leaving, and let's see what else?

:pochshock::levywtf:

Anyone coming into this thread with the express purpose of moaning between now and Tuesday needs to get a grip, get their head in game and actually be a supporter; HUUUUUGE week in our history; get behind the team.

Especially any of you lucky fuckers that got a ticket (home or away)!

We shouldn't even be talking about this anymore. Third should have been wrapped up a few games ago. The gap we have allowed to decrease since new year is terrible and we're pretty lucky that the 3 behind us are pretty pish as well

Oh stop fucking moaning. This is Spurs and we’re fucking great. It’s a ride mate. Who’s your Scottish team btw?

Need to fully get behind the team now, fuck everything else and fuck anything resembling negativity.

We all know we haven't played well in the league, what's done is done, we have a huge game coming on Tuesday and a chance to wrap up CL football for next season in the league game following it.

2 weeks from now we could be in a CL final and have top 4 done and dusted so let's get behind the lads fully, support them fully and for anybody attending the games, sing your fucking hearts out, we may not get a chance to be in another CL semi final for a while.

COYS.

Everyone of the three below us can catch us and overtake us. All the idiots on here saying "we can lose to Man City and just win all the other games" shown up for the dreamers they are. Before and after CL games, we struggle.

Everton is a very difficult game and if we need something from it, we will blow it as we usually do.

We must beat Bournemout. No doubt. We can't keep relying on the other teams to bail us out. Eventually they will win.

West Ham was an awful abject display. I don't mind us losing when it looks like we are trying - but this looked like they were thinking about Tuesday and did not care at all about the WH game.

If we get to the final and finish 3 or 4 it will be great. But losing to Ajax and finishing 5th will be the bitterest of pills to swallow.

My concern is that we looked like a tired squad against West Ham. The injuries and lack of transfers appear to be finally catching up to us lately - minus the amazing CL performances.

Let's hope we can put in a good performance tomorrow against Ajax. (1-0 would do nicely)
Then, summon all resolve and get the win via Bournemouth. Then we can all breathe a bit easier!

Back
Top Bottom