The Race for the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A draw is fine. Not great but it's okay.. What we cannot afford is a loss..

It's very simple..

Not for me mate and highly doubt many supporters will be fine with that. Yes a loss is a disaster, but a draw isn’t much better. We have already proven how piss poor we are against the better sides away, so at home we can’t afford to drop many points. Newcastle are improved, but i am not accepting a draw at home to them.

We are fucking third.
played Chav, scum,spammers and manure away
aint been Pretty.
BUT WE‘RE FUCKING THIRD.

London Football GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Still got Liverpool and City though to come

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Bit of a stumble today but with some good investment in January I see no reason why we can't get our title challenge back on track.

We go again! COYS

Am I doing this right, boys?

Woolwich continue to improve on last seasons results. Drawing away at a place they lost last season. Huge result for Leicester. Wolves could very much be in trouble. Newcastle may just be a problem for those chasing top four. Seem to have a strong bond formed by Howe, proving very hard to beat or create chances against, only lost one game all season and that being at Anfield. Gone to Old Trafford and got a point, drew with City 3-3 and now gone to us and won too.

1. Woolwich - +12
Tottenham - +5
Newcastle- +5
Man Utd - +3
------------------------

Brentford - +1
Man City - +1
Crystal Palace- +1
Brighton - +1
Everton - 0
Chelsea - - 3
Leeds - -4
Southampton - -6
Wolves - -7
Aston Villa - -7
West Ham - -8
Leicester - -11
Liverpool - -13

*Fulham take place of Burnley
**Bournemouth take place of Watford
***Nottm Forest take place of Norwich
Promoted teams omitted from overall table however.

Newcastle have only lost 1 game this season and that was a 98th minute goal conceded at Liverpool. They seem to like they are going to challenge for Top 4 this year.
I'll be honest, it's a year sooner than I was expecting. I still think they draw too many games and losing Wilson will fuck them. But Howe has done brilliantly.

The league genuinely seems winnable, we just didn't make the right moves in the transfer market for it to be us.

A couple of real WBs and Son not doing his disappearing act and so many of our dropped points would have been prevented.

Back
Top Bottom