The Race for the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

16 games left. I’m not posting because I believe in title lol, just good enough topic for end of the season predictions.

Leicester A
West Ham H
Chelsea H
Wolves A
Forest H
Southampton A
Everton A
Brighton H
Bournemouth H
Newcastle A
United H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Villa A
Brentford H
Leeds A

This is incredible run of fixtures. If we keep up the good form, I don’t se how we miss out on CL football. Our toughest fixtures are Newcastle and Liverpool away.

I can’t see us not winning every game until Newcastle away :mourglasses:

11 points behind Arse. Step up Brentford
if brentford get a result and we win every game we might be in with a chance........
Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

16 games left. I’m not posting because I believe in title lol, just good enough topic for end of the season predictions.

Leicester A
West Ham H
Chelsea H
Wolves A
Forest H
Southampton A
Everton A
Brighton H
Bournemouth H
Newcastle A
United H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Villa A
Brentford H
Leeds A

This is incredible run of fixtures. If we keep up the good form, I don’t se how we miss out on CL football. Our toughest fixtures are Newcastle and Liverpool away.

I can’t see us not winning every game until Newcastle away
I hope and fully expect us to win every single game for the rest of the season.

Leicester A
West Ham H
Chelsea H
Wolves A
Forest H
Southampton A
Everton A
Brighton H
Bournemouth H
Newcastle A
United H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Villa A
Brentford H
Leeds A

Wow. We play all 12 of the bottom 12 and only 4 of the top 8.

Us 4th & Woolwich winning the title comfortably. I think Newcastle miss out. I guess we accept top 4 is our league title & let teams like Woolwich actually win the title. Unless of course we get rid of enic & levy & realise we can actually win titles & cups. & not settle for a league cup every 23 years. Who’s with me :tobyarm:

Leicester A
West Ham H
Chelsea H
Wolves A
Forest H
Southampton A
Everton A
Brighton H
Bournemouth H
Newcastle A
United H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Villa A
Brentford H
Leeds A

I do think we’ll get top 4, but think you’re looking at it with city still fresh in mind. A fortnight ago we were still doom and gloom. Everton, Southampton and Leeds will be tough as they’ll all be in relegation battles. I always worry about Chelsea and west ham perk up for us. That run of Newcastle, United & Liverpool is tricky. Also I feel like we’ll be in Europe longer than United, Chelsea and Liverpool (hopefully) and obviously not a worry for Newcastle. Long way to go just yet.

ManU draw at home 2-2 with Leeds

So 4 points behind ManU in 3rd place with same number of games played

And 1 point behind Newcastle in 4th place, who have a game in hand on us.

So very definitely in the top 4 race (and Mancity in 2nd place is well in sight at 6 points ahead, albeit with a game in hand on us.)

16 games left to play so anything is possible.

ManU draw at home 2-2 with Leeds

So 4 points behind ManU in 3rd place with same number of games played

And 1 point behind Newcastle in 4th place, who have a game in hand on us.

So very definitely in the top 4 race (and Mancity in 2nd place is well in sight at 6 points ahead, albeit with a game in hand on us.)

16 games left to play so anything is possible.
Bit sad that, with all the transfers in the summer and Conte's hyped up pre-season we are once again chasign top 4.

Bit sad that, with all the transfers in the summer and Conte's hyped up pre-season we are once again chasign top 4.

Injuries just before and just after world cup have screwed us. We were in 3rd position before injuries hit if I remember right.

We've also played most of the most difficult teams away, so remaining games slightly easier - unlike our competitors who have a tougher run in.

Last edited:

Leicester A
West Ham H
Chelsea H
Wolves A
Forest H
Southampton A
Everton A
Brighton H
Bournemouth H
Newcastle A
United H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Villa A
Brentford H
Leeds A

We should win our next 9 on paper, but you just know Chelsea and West Ham will both turn up despite being shit at the moment.

I agree we can easily make 4th this season.

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

:llorishuh: :dierno:

Back
Top Bottom