The Race for the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Injuries just before and just after world cup have screwed us. We were in 3rd position before injuries hit if I remember right.
injuries have played their part but we've never looked consistently good this season. Son has still not had one full top quality game. Lloris and Dier have cost us more points than they've probably saved.

Kane has been carrying us, he's got 17 goals, next best are Benta and PEH with 4 each.

injuries have played their part but we've never looked consistently good this season. Son has still not had one full top quality game. Lloris and Dier have cost us more points than they've probably saved.

Kane has been carrying us, he's got 17 goals, next best are Benta and PEH with 4 each.

Son's form has certainly been a part as well as injuries to Son, Kulusevski, Moura and Bentancur - especially all forwards being out together which was when we were dropping a lot of points before Christmas.

Danjuma joining in January provides some protection against that happening again this season.

Agreed Kane's been carrying us, but Son has been scoring and assisting although maybe more in non PL competitions - I think Son now has 8 goals and 3 assists across all competitions.

But we do need to spread goal scoring out, so will be looking forward to Richarlison (forgot he'd been injured) to start scoring as well as Kulusevski and now Danjuma plus from CM Bentancur, Hojbjerg and others.

Injuries just before and just after world cup have screwed us. We were in 3rd position before injuries hit if I remember right.

We've also played most of the most difficult teams away, so remaining games slightly easier - unlike our competitors who have a tougher run in.

We rode out the injuries for the most part (in no small part thanks to Kane). Poor form of Hugo & Son has been the real kicker.....

We've pissed away 12-15 points since Newcastle at home... 9 of which can be directly attributed to Lloris.

We rode out the injuries for the most part (in no small part thanks to Kane). Poor form of Hugo & Son has been the real kicker.....

We've pissed away 12-15 points since Newcastle at home... 9 of which can be directly attributed to Lloris.

True (ish) but if we had more of our strikers fit and firing maybe we'd have scored more goals, rather than just reliant on Kane, and the mistakes wouldn't have caused a loss ....... or even with more forwards ball would have been up the opposition end more and not putting defence/goalkeeper under pressure.

Either way we had a bad period which coincided with injuries, particularly to our forwards and maybe others form.

We should win our next 9 on paper, but you just know Chelsea and West Ham will both turn up despite being shit at the moment.

I agree we can easily make 4th this season.

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

:llorishuh: :dierno:
looking at united earlier they are going to drop plenty of points. i honestly believe Woolwich are not as good as what people think, especially when that rapist isnt in the middle, when they took him off they looked very beatable. i think they are capable of going on a poor run, lots of kids who dont want a dog fight... 87 points probably would win the league hahahh.

looking at united earlier they are going to drop plenty of points. i honestly believe Woolwich are not as good as what people think, especially when that rapist isnt in the middle, when they took him off they looked very beatable. i think they are capable of going on a poor run, lots of kids who dont want a dog fight... 87 points probably would win the league hahahh.

So why were you shitting it and willing us to lose last Sunday then?

You even called people fake fans etc. for not being on board with your thinking.......

Absolute shit-housery; the degree of back-peddling here.

Are there nut jobs in here that think we actually have a chance to finish top?

I think people are mental when they think we are going to be winning the league at the start of the season.
Let alone halfway through and giving other teams 10-15 points head start.

Undoubtedly a few believers.
Further proof this site is the only one they allow access to at the inmate library at Broadmoor.

I think people are mental when they think we are going to be winning the league at the start of the season.
Let alone halfway through and giving other teams 10-15 points head start.

Undoubtedly a few believers.
Further proof this site is the only one they allow access to at the inmate library at Broadmoor.

suppose Anything is possible:
DyfGX.jpeg
:harrylol:

ep.jpg

:harrysmile:

True (ish) but if we had more of our strikers fit and firing maybe we'd have scored more goals, rather than just reliant on Kane, and the mistakes wouldn't have caused a loss ....... or even with more forwards ball would have been up the opposition end more and not putting defence/goalkeeper under pressure.

Either way we had a bad period which coincided with injuries, particularly to our forwards and maybe others form.
You do know we are the third top scorers in the league and have a defense within regulation standard right so your argument doesn’t hold . Look on Newcastle they haven’t near the goals we have but their defense is solid that’s why they don’t lose that many games

You do know we are the third top scorers in the league and have a defense within regulation standard right so your argument doesn’t hold . Look on Newcastle they haven’t near the goals we have but their defense is solid that’s why they don’t lose that many games

Sure but we could have scored more goals if more of our forwards had not been injured (at one time, Richarlison, Son, Kulusevski and Moura out injured)

That's not denying we could have done better defensively - and Lloris did go on a 'wobble',

So its all those things together

Back
Top Bottom