The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't that ironic at the time though. We finished 8th last season. 6th-7th was a genuine improvement, even before Kane left, and about where we are. Some of us thought it could be worse.

It was very tongue in cheek to begin with. It’s always funny to see what people were saying. Hindsight and all that.

This twitter account would be interesting reading at the moment I’m sure, post should read
“How to show you know fuck all about football.”

Bloody idiot.

- I called Maddison will have a double double season. He needs 8 goals and 8 assists in 34 games.

- I called when Son moves to a central position, he will have the most efficient season of his life. He scored 3 goals in 70 minutes.-

And this entire season, I have been calling that Tottenham will challenge for the title. I hope from the games this season, it is evident why

.I do not like to be arrogant, but after all the hatred I got earlier, I feel I have some things to say. Still early days, but I hope this adds some credibility to what I say, and that it is not for “interactions”.

You obviously cared enough to post. I was more posting supporting the point you made but obviously you just wanted to be a dick.
Reality struck - it’s seems so underwhelming unfortunately. Lost all the fizz and jeopardy - let’s see what tomorrow brings, we win and Villa draw then we have a target again

You have to be really fed up with spurs this season if you think we wont beat burnley or sheff utd.

I think it’s more the case that it wouldn’t be a surprise if we lose. Our form has been awful and I can‘t imagine that the mood in the dressing room is one that’s brimming with confidence. Concede to a set piece again, and heads are likely to drop.

It’ll be interesting to see how they perform against Liverpool, to see if Ange has lit a fire under them with his words or if they’ll just stroll through the motions for the rest of the season. Of course, the hope is that it’s the former, with a bit of good luck that can only help with belief.

Chelsea are 6 points behind us with three very winnable games remaining.

Newcastle 4 points behind and should easily win 2 of those. Only the Man U game is a question mark.

Man U also 6 points behind but Palace will be a tough game, should lose to Woolwich, Newcastle iffy game and then should beat Brighton.

Btw.

Watch Chelsea overtake us now.

After all, we have been laughing our arse off the whole season.

Poch is doing something right. Much rather that than us being on the decline.

In a nutshell we probably need to win two games to get Europa?
Yep. We beat Burnley and Sheffield United we are guaranteed to finish 5th, irrelevant of what the teams below us do. As much as we have been stinking the joint out recently, to drop points in either of those would be more unacceptable than the past few games.

I say guaranteed as Man United can still get 66 points as well but our GD, somehow, is still 10 better than theirs currently.

4Aston Villa362067
5Tottenham351160
6Newcastle352256
7Chelsea351154
8Man Utd34154

2 wins and a draw is unlikely to be good enough for P4 because of Villa's +9 better GD.

EL SFTh 09 May 2024OlympiacosvAston Villa
PREMIER LEAGUEMon 13 May 2024Aston VillavLiverpool
PREMIER LEAGUESu 19 May 2024Crystal PalacevAston Villa

2 wins and it is impossible to finish 4th but we are guaranteed 6th.
2 wins guarantees 5th if Newcastle beat United or the game is drawn.
2 wins virtually guarantees us 5th even if United win because we are +9 GD with them.
1 win guarantees us 6th if:
Chelsea fail to win all 3 games and Newcastle lose to United.

Mo 06 May 2024Crystal PalacevMan Utd

We 15 May 2024Man UtdvNewcastle

Chelsea are 6 points behind us with three very winnable games remaining.

Newcastle 4 points behind and should easily win 2 of those. Only the Man U game is a question mark.

Man U also 6 points behind but Palace will be a tough game, should lose to Woolwich, Newcastle iffy game and then should beat Brighton.

Imagine falling behind Chelsea. The calls of "we should have brought Poch back" will grow louder.

The funny thing is that Villa’s defence is just as bad as ours, if not worse.

We have just been dogshit against the mid table teams. Not being able to win a single game against Wolves or West Ham is embarrassing. If we’d taken even 6 points from those 4 games, we’d be in the CL.

Newcastle are coming like a horse from the back
elaine benes ew GIF by HULU

Palace beat United 4-0 so:
2 wins and it is impossible to finish 4th but we are guaranteed 5th.
1 win and a draw and we are guaranteed 5th unless Newcastle beat United.
1 win guarantees us 5th if:
Chelsea fail to win all 3 games and Newcastle lose to United.
1 win virtually guarantees us 5th even if United beat Newcastle because of our +14 GD with them.
1 win guarantees us 5th if:
Chelsea and Man United fail to win all 3 games and Newcastle only win 1 of their 3 remaining games.

We 15 May 2024Man UtdvNewcastle

Back
Top Bottom