The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Blades are down, Burnley will be gone by the time we play them. I bet neither roll over for us like they have for other teams.

I think I saw that nobody has conceded as many goals as Sheffield United have in a 38 game season and there's still more to come. 🤣

I suspect we will be ok for 5th in the end, but more because the others will run out of games.

We'll get 5th, which I would have taken at the start of the season.

It's just our performances in the second half of the season give me concern. I thought it would be a bumpy ride but we might improve as it went on - it's been the reverse.

We'll get 5th, which I would have taken at the start of the season.

It's just our performances in the second half of the season give me concern. I thought it would be a bumpy ride but we might improve as it went on - it's been the reverse.
This. I think we’ll get 5th as well, one more win should do it. The performances though since the turn of the year have been very concerning as usually teams bring that momentum in to the following season. Since the start of the year, we’d be 8th in the table. Granted every team ahead of us has at least one game more played (some with three) so if we got an additional win, we’d be in 6th. Regardless, pretty poor

This. I think we’ll get 5th as well, one more win should do it. The performances though since the turn of the year have been very concerning as usually teams bring that momentum in to the following season. Since the start of the year, we’d be 8th in the table. Granted every team ahead of us has at least one game more played (some with three) so if we got an additional win, we’d be in 6th. Regardless, pretty poor
The other thing I am struggling to get my head around is the optimism for next season, based on potential good recruitment that will somehow turn a 6th-ish team into title challengers. Just can't see it under the current management/ownership/board.

The GD comes into it.
If we win 1 and lose 5 by 1 goal every game our GD goes to 12.
If they win all 5 games by 1 goal their GD goes to 9.
Not panning out well after today's 2-0:
If we win 1 and lose 4 by 1 goal our GD goes to +10
If they win all 4 by 1 goal their GD goes to +10.

We better win a couple instead.

7th is not European football yet unless United win the cup and finish above us.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Right now, we don't deserve European football (in whatever form!)

But given the chance, I'd take Europa League right now, as we have absolutely ZERO chance of GOING ANYWHERE in the "All important , win at all costs Champions League "™®© Skysports

Let's all laugh at the 'Farmers League ™TFC all we want...

but it, and a domestic Cup is the best chance of silverware next season... So let's fucking treat it with respect, and fucking go for it, eh?

How about THAT bombshell?

If 5th gets a European competition that we've a chance of winning, then I'd take that over fucking Champions League Anthems (like it's religious ceremony music that players have grown up with... Treating it like it's Handel's Messiah!)

People only want to see Messi, M'Bappe, Bellingham Utd win the thing...
Modern fans are WORSE than half and half scarves (at least they support ONE of two teams)
This new phenomenon, is more about supporting PLAYERS, not clubs....

...and we will see this play out when Sonny eventually leaves, and joins some random mid table Bundesliga club... THEN we'll see the swelling of support for Ausburg, Hoffenheim or Bochum!!

...and we will see this play out when Sonny eventually leaves, and joins some random mid table Bundesliga club... THEN we'll see the swelling of support for Ausburg, Hoffenheim or Bochum!!

I’d never realised till yesterday how many Korean food places there are in Golders Green. I think our Korean fanbase will be higher than people think when he moves on.

Was considering opening a Sonny tribute restaurant if anybody wants to invest??

Would make a killing.

No 7 Ribs.
Sonny Steak

Etc etc.

I see a team that has given up and doesn't seem to want to play in Europe next season. A team that's ready to fight for something can't play as badly as this.
But they'll all cry about wanting European football, and their agents will too.

You earn it. But these fuckers aren't doing anything to justify their exorbitant wages.

I’d never realised till yesterday how many Korean food places there are in Golders Green. I think our Korean fanbase will be higher than people think when he moves on.

Would make a killing.

No 7 Ribs.
Sonny Steak

Etc etc.
hot dogs?

Would make a killing.

No 7 Ribs.
Sonny Steak

Etc etc.
Stick THIS on the menu;

Missed Chance Chow...
Best Days done Dog...

Too much? Sorry!

Right now, we don't deserve European football (in whatever form!)
See, I'm pissed off as anyone right now, but this is an argument I don't understand. If over 38 games we finish in a european spot, then why don't we deserve it? If United (one of the biggest clubs on the face of the earth), Chavs (spunked £1bn on players) or the fat Geordies (richest club on the planet) were so deserving of Europe why are they still trailing us, even though we've been pretty piss poor for months?

hot dogs?

Well I wasn’t going to go there!!

But I did notice a Tofu vegan restaurant next to a Korean one that had a big sign up saying dogs welcome.

I’m sure they are was my immediate thought.

Although my son tells me the younger generations of Koreans are not into eating dog. It’s the older ones you need to watch out for.

And a lot of our Korean fans seem to be 20something girls.
God knows what sonny’s dms are like :conteshock::sonlol:

Back
Top Bottom