The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last night was awful to our chances of top 5 getting CL. Both Woolwich and City out, and one against a German team.

And tonight Hammers will probably be eliminated against a German team.

I turns my stomach, but i guess we have to keep our fingers crossed for a Villa win, and a Hammers turnaround tonight.

Loser mentality of our fan base is now ingrained.

Stop this shit!!!!!!!!!!!
6 games to go. CL football still in our own hands.

Woolwich. Annual collapse.
Liverpool. Falling apart.
City. On the wobble.

And 3 other games against shite.

If we don’t get CL I’m ripping up my season ticket and burning my membership.
That will learn you Daniel!!!!

200w.gif
I see what your saying but I wouldn't say it's a loser mentality. It's just honest evaluation about where we are. The fact Is that we are a mess and our manager seems completely out of ideas. No amount of optimism will change the fact, that likely scenario is, that we will be lucky to come away with 1 point over the next 3 games, and that point Is likely to come at home to Woolwich.

Last edited:
Last night was awful to our chances of top 5 getting CL. Both Woolwich and City out, and one against a German team.

I turns my stomach, but i guess we have to keep our fingers crossed for a Villa win, and a Hammers turnaround tonight.

It's done, 2 German teams in the CL already through, 1 in the EL which are pretty much through, all there is is Villa so looking unlikely

Only way to get there is through the league now so it's completely on us.

nah ive changed my mind and am good with Europa.

We are nowhere near good enough for the Champions League and Europa is a competition we can go far in if we actually decide to take it seriously.

I see what your saying but I wouldn't say it's a loser mentality. It's just honest evaluation about where we are. The fact Is that we are a mess and our manager seems completely out of ideas. No amount of optimism will change the fact, that likely scenario is, that we will be lucky to come away with 1 point over the next 3 games, and that point Is likely to come at home to Woolwich.

Woolwich are fragile. Make WHL an absolute cauldron of noise we get 3 points.

Chelsea - anything can happen.

Liverpool. A draw would be a huge result.

City could be 5 ahead by the time we play them. Title won and maybe they aren’t on their a game.

Who knows????

But let’s be positive in this actual race we are in. It’s happening it’s not a make believe one.

I'm calm about it. If we can't finish at least 4th we're not good enough for CL next season.

Hope for 5th now. Is 6th Europa or is it 7th we could be hoping for city to win the cup else 👀

6th would get Conference League should a team from outside the top 5 win the FA Cup.

If it’s a team from inside the top 5, it’s 6th in the Europa League and 7th in the Conference League.

I very much hope we don’t have to worry about which way 6th goes though!

Woolwich are fragile. Make WHL an absolute cauldron of noise we get 3 points.

Chelsea - anything can happen.

Liverpool. A draw would be a huge result.

City could be 5 ahead by the time we play them. Title won and maybe they aren’t on their a game.

Who knows????

But let’s be positive in this actual race we are in. It’s happening it’s not a make believe one.
I just think we have to look at how we are playing and how we have regressed as team and the poor football we are playing.
People keep saying Ange has to change his tactics.... what tactics are they exactly then? I'm not seeing any tactics at all.

Chelsea ... anything can happen ? ...yeah it could. But the likely thing happening is what usually happens..... we lose.

Against Liverpool.... a draw would be huge.
Yeah it would, but what's the likely thing happening ? We lose

Beating Woolwich would be great. I pray it happens, but what's the most likely. I say a draw .

V Woolwich.......Draw
V chelsea ......Loss
V Liverpool ...Loss

Total ... 1 point

I couldn't care less to be honest, I don't think 5th placed teams should be playing in the European Cup.

Nope, fuck them both.

And please don't call them the Hammers.

I couldn't care less to be honest, I don't think 5th placed teams should be playing in the European Cup.
Yeah I agree. If we finish 4th then then fine, we've (somehow) earned our place, otherwise I'll be happy with 5th and Europa.

Conference League? No thanks; the third tier of European or International football doesn't interest me at all. Come to think of it the Carabao can go too as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Also we’re used to finishing top 4, villa aren’t. The pressure will be on them hugely.

This is a good point. People in the other games thread saying about Munich and Madrid's history and experience getting them through. Well, it is the same in the race for fourth. We've been there done it and against better teams than this Villa side.

I just hope we can use the Europa League groups to blood in the likes of Donley and get good looks at Bergvall, Veliz etc.

Just go all out in every competition we are involved in to win it. Spurs are in the driest of droughts and to go to a final of a cup competition again would be wonderful for all of us, the team and the club. Shame Levy/ENIC don’t and haven’t seen this..,

Stick with me on this...but this is better. Now it's very clear and we can see the test. We win four of the remaining games and we get ECL. We can see who the ones up for the battle are and are therefore useful in the journey we undertake. We'll also see the ones who need ruthlessly culling. There must be no more sacred cows either, if any of the fan favorites come up short bin them.

This team doesn't look like it's got the big performances against the sides we have to play to get the big results needed to get 4th. My feeling from what I've seen from these players up to this point is 5th will be it.

Back
Top Bottom