The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man United's remaining fixtures

Bournemouth away
Sheff Utd home
Burnley home
Palace away
Arse home
Brighton away

They have 1 genuinely hard game.
They are currently 11 points behind us having played 1 game more.

We have to go away to Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool, home to Arse and City, away to Sheff Utd who kept us at bay for well over 90 minutes. Our only (on paper) easy game is Burnley at home who should be relegated by then and don't defend.
Have you watched them play?

Have you watched them play?
I watched them knock Liverpool out of the FA cup and get a draw last weekend in the league.
I watched them score 3 away to Chelsea.

You just don't know what you're gonna get from United.
I just don't get it. But there's a very high chance they will pick up more points than us in the remaining games just based on the fact our games are fucking awful.

I watched them knock Liverpool out of the FA cup and get a draw last weekend in the league.
I watched them score 3 away to Chelsea.

You just don't know what you're gonna get from United.
I just don't get it. But there's a very high chance they will pick up more points than us in the remaining games just based on the fact our games are fucking awful.
They likely will pick up more points than us in the last 7 games but with goal difference they need to get 12 more than us.

So they probably need 6 wins minimum and even then we have to collapse completely. Having seen them at Brentford, where they should have lost by 4 or 5 and Sunday when they should have been 3 down at half time i'd be shocked if they are capable of beating all of Bournemouth, Palace and Brighton away. They cough up way too many chances.

The only potential issue may be if we lose Saturday they could seriously close the gap on us by the time we play Woolwich as they have Bournemouth away and Burnley and Sheff Utd at home in that time. Win all 3 of those and things might get a bit twitchy. If we win Saturday its done.

Bournemouth away
Sheff Utd home
Burnley home
Palace away
Arse home
Brighton away

We have to go away to Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool, home to Arse and City, away to Sheff Utd who kept us at bay for well over 90 minutes. Our only (on paper) easy game is Burnley at home who should be relegated by then and don't defend.
United play Sheffield. Easy game.

Spurs play Sheffield. Not an easy game.

United play away to palace and Brighton and you are acting like away to Sheffield is tougher.

Come on man.

They likely will pick up more points than us in the last 7 games but with goal difference they need to get 12 more than us.

So they probably need 6 wins minimum and even then we have to collapse completely. Having seen them at Brentford, where they should have lost by 4 or 5 and Sunday when they should have been 3 down at half time i'd be shocked if they are capable of beating all of Bournemouth, Palace and Brighton away. They cough up way too many chances.

The only potential issue may be if we lose Saturday they could seriously close the gap on us by the time we play Woolwich as they have Bournemouth away and Burnley and Sheff Utd at home in that time. Win all 3 of those and things might get a bit twitchy. If we win Saturday its done.
Yeah, I think it's unlikely they will pass is. But I wouldn't be surprised if the current gap gets cut down by at least half by the final game.

I think if we finished out the top 5 it would feel like a disaster for everyone to be honest. And I mean big disappointment

Not for me.

The moment we are mathematically out of the title race, that's the disaster. If we play like a team still chasing that miracle then cool and given the progress I've already seen with my own eyes, I'm believing it's a disaster we can recover from and go again next season...

I couldn't give half a shit about Top 5. I mean what the actual fuck is Top 5 for a target anyway. This is sport, it's about winning.

European football for the fans and another chance to win something. This season after being knocked out of the league cup in the first round has got to be the least games we have played for 12 years I would say. And I know it's always easy but when my team has a game I love to watch them

Bournemouth away
Sheff Utd home
Burnley home
Palace away
Arse home
Brighton away

By the logic of Sheffield United being a tough game for us then Bournemouth and Brighton away must be nightmare fixtures for United seeing as they were comprehensively outplayed by both sides at Old Trafford this season.

Not for me.

The moment we are mathematically out of the title race, that's the disaster. If we play like a team still chasing that miracle then cool and given the progress I've already seen with my own eyes, I'm believing it's a disaster we can recover from and go again next season...

I couldn't give half a shit about Top 5. I mean what the actual fuck is Top 5 for a target anyway. This is sport, it's about winning.

This forum has seen over 4million posts but not one trophy.

I know that football - and supporting a football club - is about so much more than winning.

I feel a bit sorry for you if you really don’t get that.

Back
Top Bottom