The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's our performances (based on the forum ratings) thus far. Red line is the average.

nQdPU6A.png

Spurs still in 5th but with a game in hand over Villa who are only 2 points ahead, with Spurs having a slightly better GD as well.

So 4th place is now in our hands to win or lose.

ManU 6 points behind, and have played a game more, and have only 10 games to try to catch up - very much an uphill task for them

Wham in 7th place and now 10 points behind Spurs having played a game more and only 10 games left to play (but we still have to play Wham at their place) , so any odds on them catching up getting close to zero now,, and same is true for Brighton in 8th place.

2nd and 3rd places are still possible for us but as we are about 10 points behind (albeit with a game in hand), we'd need to win virtually all our remaining matches to get to 2nd or 3rd place (but we do play all 3 above us - Mancity and Woolwich at home, Liverpool away) in our 11 remaining games.

4Aston Villa28174759411855
5Spurs27165659392053
6ManU28152113939047
7Wham2812794549-443
8Brighton2811985044642

Our game in hand is away at Chelsea where we have a famously bad record. It’s not like it’s a gimmie however it seems to be indicated as being one. If we win it will be one of the most satisfying results for a while, that’s for sure.

Here's our performances (based on the forum ratings) thus far. Red line is the average.

nQdPU6A.png
Interesting how it shows the score almost always changes the overal rating.
The only exceptions IMO are Chelsea and Villa at home. You'd argue for the Chelsea game as we were winning and on top and then everything that could go wrong went wrong. And we still nearly got something.
That Wolves away one was 2 minutes away from probably being above the red line due to winning to nil. Had we won that game people would have been raving about the performance, but it still ranks to me as the worst we've had all season anywhere. In some ways, losing it helped people see it for what it was, including Ange who made changes in the next game.

Our game in hand is away at Chelsea where we have a famously bad record. It’s not like it’s a gimmie however it seems to be indicated as being one. If we win it will be one of the most satisfying results for a while, that’s for sure.

It actually depends how the fixtures pan out. City, United and Liverpool are still in the FA Cup so they could drop a game and end up level with us, then Chelsea isn't a game in hand on them.

It could even be that one of those teams play Villa and that game get's postponed meaning 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th all on the same games.

Interesting how it shows the score almost always changes the overal rating.
The only exceptions IMO are Chelsea and Villa at home. You'd argue for the Chelsea game as we were winning and on top and then everything that could go wrong went wrong. And we still nearly got something.
That Wolves away one was 2 minutes away from probably being above the red line due to winning to nil. Had we won that game people would have been raving about the performance, but it still ranks to me as the worst we've had all season anywhere. In some ways, losing it helped people see it for what it was, including Ange who made changes in the next game.
All the defeats below 6.0 were bloody awful games. That Chelsea game I think Vicario got over 9.5 by himself so that helped the average!

Perhaps of greater significance Villa still have to play the top 3 (Liverpool, Woolwich, Mancity) but all are away games.

Spurs have the same issue but we have 2 home games and one away game against those three, and a probability of more points.

I hear what you say about Chelsea, but I regard it as a free hit - we are certainly capable of getting a draw.

Anyway with 11 games left for Spurs (10 games for most other clubs) there are plenty of points to play for before the end of the season.

Perhaps of greater significance Villa still have to play the top 3 (Liverpool, Woolwich, Mancity) but all are away games.

Spurs have the same issue but we have 2 home games and one away game against those three, and a probability of more points.

I hear what you say about Chelsea, but I regard it as a free hit - we are certainly capable of getting a draw.

Anyway with 11 games left for Spurs (10 games for most other clubs) there are plenty of points to play for before the end of the season.

Villa are at home to Liverpool

It actually depends how the fixtures pan out. City, United and Liverpool are still in the FA Cup so they could drop a game and end up level with us, then Chelsea isn't a game in hand on them.

It could even be that one of those teams play Villa and that game get's postponed meaning 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th all on the same games.

Looking at a well known FPL account for fixture planning and he has it down for game week 34 or 37. So after the man city game (which could be moved itself) or before Sheffield United. The whole, because it was picked for TV fixture has properly fucked us. I can see us having to play Chelsea before the scum game and then City in the last week of the season. Not great, especially if City have to win to tie up the league that day.

View: https://x.com/BenCrellin/status/1765889588218802528?s=20

Looking at a well known FPL account for fixture planning and he has it down for game week 34 or 37. So after the man city game (which could be moved itself) or before Sheffield United. The whole, because it was picked for TV fixture has properly fucked us. I can see us having to play Chelsea before the scum game and then City in the last week of the season. Not great, especially if City have to win to tie up the league that day.

Just a reminder that Chelsea also have to re-arrange Goons away. And if they beat Leicester in the FA Cup then Brighton away on April 20 needs a new date as well.
The only two dates available in non-UEFA weeks are between Apr 20 and 27 and between May 11 and 19.

I just hope that if we do end up playing back to back games against Newcastle, City, Arse, Liverpool and Chelsea, that we don't lose our minds if and when we lose one.

All the defeats below 6.0 were bloody awful games. That Chelsea game I think Vicario got over 9.5 by himself so that helped the average!

The flipside is not all those defeats were befitting of the performance..... AV & WH for starters.

It's feel like we are just about to hit our stride again. Hopefully we can make it through the next 10 games injury free, though the way our season has gone that would be a miracle. If we can though there's no reason why we can't go on a consistent run like we did earlier in the season.

What’s pleasing is that players who were off the pace are back in form: Bissouma, Kulu, Madders, while Timo has overcome his goal scoring yips and Brennan has discovered the aggression he’s needed. With all players contributing, we can match anyone.

Back
Top Bottom