The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5 CL places not guaranteed unless English teams do well in Europe this season. Not including Man Utd is silly.

We are now getting “the best” from the opponents. They are going all out to try to beat us or get a result.

Palace arrived at the grounds with a clear strategy to hit us, hurt us, stomp us, etc, whatever it takes to get a result.

This will only intensify. We need to be ready:
Yep, and different managers have tried different approaches and tactics but none of them have worked. It always takes time for a new manager to get figured out but I also think Ange’s approach is just really difficult to nullify because it encourages you out of shape and then punishes you for it if you can’t get the ball quickly. You really need superior players in order to defeat it, do if you don’t have that maybe you don’t stand much chance of coming out on top.

we avoid city (2nd game), Woolwich and liverpool till the last 5 games...that could be massive for building momentum. we play all 3 on the bounce one after the other and then finish with 2 easier games in burnley and sheff united who both could be down and out by then.

If City win, I can see us, Liverpool, City and the Goons breaking off from the chasing pack. Chelsea are washed, leaving only Newcastle, Villa, Brighton and Man United as potential teams who could muscle in on the top 4.

United need a result, if they lose they will be 8 points of Liverpool who will remain in 4th given you assume they beat Forrest at Anfield. United are not showing any kind of consistency or qaulity in make up that deficit.

Part of me wants City to win because if they do, top 4 is looking in the bag already this early on in the season.

If City win, I can see us, Liverpool, City and the Goons breaking off from the chasing pack. Chelsea are washed, leaving only Newcastle, Villa, Brighton and Man United as potential teams who could muscle in on the top 4.

United need a result, if they lose they will be 8 points of Liverpool who will remain in 4th given you assume they beat Forrest at Anfield. United are not showing any kind of consistency or qaulity in make up that deficit.

Part of me wants City to win because if they do, top 4 is looking in the bag already this early on in the season.
united are not going to make top 6 this year. they are not a worry.

Villa have got Luton today, can’t rule them out IMO

Unless there is a 3 way title race, top 4 is always a race between teams that lose too much to be in a title race so Villa, UTD, Newcastle will always be in with a shout.

Will be interesting to see how Villa do after Europe because Newcastle are struggling. Villa play in conference league so could be resting players if needed.

I agree except i do want city to drop points. We are getting top four/five this season the way we are playing anyway.

The team thar finishes above city wins the league. Any points city drop is massive for anyone wanting to win the league. City are probably the only team capable of getting high 90s in points. If they can drop enough points to put them in the mid to high 80s it gives everyone else a chance.

Back
Top Bottom