The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

47 scored, 23 goals to go, 1.43 goals per game.

Our league top scorers;
12 Son
8 Richarlison
5 Kulusevski
3 Own Goal, Romero, Maddison

Noticed the guy thinking I was deluded & mocking the idea of Richarlison scoring 15 goals has had his account deleted. Lol.
Same guy who was too chicken to bet before the season started that, without Kane, we would score at least as many goals as last year, even though he was talking bollocks that I was deluded to think we would.

Spurs to win Saturday. Woolwich to win this weekend.

Liverpool lead reduced to five points. Has to happen. All that matters is the gap between us and 1st place. Winners mentality

On paper one of the few fixtures we can go into expecting Liverpool to drop points. Let’s see what this woolwich lot are really all about.
Couldn't agree more!

Could be an interesting few days.
Come on you Bees!!!

SATURDAY 3RD FEBRUARY
Everton12:30Tottenham Hotspur
SUNDAY 4TH FEBRUARY
Arsenal16:30Liverpool
MONDAY 5TH FEBRUARY
Brentford20:00Manchester City

Saturday 3rd February 5:30pm
Sheffield United v Aston Villa.

We are same points and GD as Villa but have scored more goals so are above them in the table.

The state of the refereeing decisions in favour of liverpool last night.

Chelsea should have had 2 pens, and Liverpool got one for a near identical foul to one that wasn't considered a pen for chelsea.

May as well forget winning the league, like the year of Leicester this title will be gift wrapped by the referees for klopp now
Wolves got a pen for even less contact. Evens it up for some of the ridiculous VAR stuff they have had this year.

2023-242022-23
13-5-549-3512-3-842-35

"Same" teams still +13, same games improved to +5.

SAME TEAM+/-SAME GAME+/-
23Everton A2-2D13A1-1DLeicester City5A1-4L
24Brighton HH2-1WWest HamH2-0W
25WolvesHH1-0WChelseaH2-0W
26Crystal Palace HH1-0WWolvesA0-1L
27Aston Villa AA1-2LNottingham ForestH3-1W
28Fulham AA1-0WEvertonA1-1D

Assuming Chelsea game is postponed.
(Still listed on OS.)

Of this 5 block game (including Brentford win), Everton away was the hardest fixture.

Win the next 3 at home and13/15 is not bad.

After that the games get a lot tougher but we will have Son and Biss back plus Madders and Bentancur back to full fitness with Sarr integrated again.

No slip ups in these next three!

Call me crazy but of the teams below us i only see a revitalised Man U reeling us in. The rest are too inconsistent and im including Villa even if they temporarily leap us.

Of this 5 block game (including Brentford win), Everton away was the hardest fixture.

After that the games get a lot tougher but we will have Son and Biss back plus Madders and Bentancur back to full fitness with Sarr integrated again.

Long season to go. Fixtures get chaotic for everyone around us.

No reason for this squad to be anything but confident and full of belief in doing something special .

Everton was the game I expected us to drop points in from Brentford to the Villa game.

We were never going to get maximum 15 points. We've not managed 5 wins on the bounce all season, even at our peak.

Not losing was key. Winning would have been great of course but winning our next three like you say would be excellent. Would put us on 53 points. And we'd be heading to Villa Park with hopefully every single player back fit.

Everton was the game I expected us to drop points in from Brentford to the Villa game.

We were never going to get maximum 15 points. We've not managed 5 wins on the bounce all season, even at our peak.

Not losing was key. Winning would have been great of course but winning our next three like you say would be excellent. Would put us on 53 points. And we'd be heading to Villa Park with hopefully every single player back fit.

I thought we played pretty well. Needed a goal early in second half to kill it off. Everton at Goodison for those last ten minutes was always going to be tough . Take the point and move on.

After the last 2 years of turgid football I can’t be down about this team at the moment, I think we should finish somewhere around 3-6 position with the squad we have and how we are playing , which is way above where my expectations were at the end of last season. I enjoy watching spurs again and look forward to the games, so that’s the main thing for me.

I thought we played pretty well. Needed a goal early in second half to kill it off. Everton at Goodison for those last ten minutes was always going to be tough . Take the point and move on.

After the last 2 years of turgid football I can’t be down about this team at the moment, I think we should finish somewhere around 3-6 position with the squad we have and how we are playing , which is way above where my expectations were at the end of last season. I enjoy watching spurs again and look forward to the games so that’s the main thing for me.

Certainly better in the second half.

Thought the first half Everton were pretty good. Pressed exceptionally well and worked really hard. But we can't go into a game at Goodison and simply not expect it. Lunch time, volatile home crowd who cry corruption. Was never going to be easy.

Second half though we controlled it really well and unlucky not to get a third. Everton creating sweet fuck all. It was just gutting that they managed to sneak a draw in the end.

That's football. You can't win every game and if you can't win every game, make sure you don't lose.

Back
Top Bottom