The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wolves always look a decent side when I see them. Yes they don’t score enough goals but they are a marked improvement from when Nuno was trying to nick results
Let's not kid ourselves. Nuno's Wolves were decent. I remember them utterly dominating us at The Lane and beating us 3-2 (funnily enough, Doherty scored in that one). Bruno Lage has changed the system somewhat, but they still remain a decent team.

Why is it weird? I wouldn’t be surprised if they convert a lot more goals second half of the season
It's just pretty rare for a team to both concede as infrequently as they do and score as infrequently as they do. Rarely happens.

Pleased to admit I was wrong about United. Thought the quality they had individually would be enough to get them top four, but they're so fucking dysfunctional (Ragnick was another punt) that even if they get it together they may be playing catch up by then.

Wolves always look a decent side when I see them. Yes they don’t score enough goals but they are a marked improvement from when Nuno was trying to nick results

They were a damn good EPL side for 2/3 years under Nuno... It's silly to pretend otherwise.

Downside to this is we still have to play city, Chelsea, Liverpool and possibly utd away which as a rule we tend not to do well at these grounds.
We beat United 6-1 away last year. We should not go with a defeated mentality. That's also what Conte is trying to change here.

We beat United 6-1 away last year. We should not go with a defeated mentality. That's also what Conte is trying to change here.
Real shame Conte wasn't in at the start I think we could be another 6/7 points in front of where we are now, but if he gets the right backing then next season should be better.

Real shame Conte wasn't in at the start I think we could be another 6/7 points in front of where we are now, but if he gets the right backing then next season should be better.
Levy fucking us over yet again by not showing enough ambition. Good businessman, dreadful football man.

Defo must win v scum.
No more timid and placid football need to get in their faces and get them irked. They never liked physicall battles and with their young players they might not like it.
Hopefully we don’t role over like we did under Nuno.

No I don't think he will get the funds he's been promised.
Also the 18 month contract don't sit right with me. Hopefully I'm wrong
Well he is the spurs manager and they rarely get what they want, as for the contract length that is probably done because we might of been concerned at offering a long deal with all that severance pay.

Back
Top Bottom