The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How the hell are Utd so close?

Champions League Win GIF by Manchester United

Meh, it's a long old season. Pretty clear that any chance at 4th for us will end up being a dogfight against Woolwich and United (though hey, I would be delighted if one or both of them fell off or one of the top 3 suddenly turned to shit).
I think with the games in hand and psychologically it gives us a huge advantage. Huge pressure from their fans after that and they'll be quick to jump on their backs creating a negative energy.

People will say players like Adama don't work against teams that sit deep. But anyone who watched the game today will have seen Emerson repeatedly get the ball with 15-20 yards of pitch infront and one opponent directly challenging him. A player like Traore has that opponent on toast or is double marked, which opens up space for someone else. We really need attacking threat in those wing back positions.
However would teams give Adana that much space k owing the pace he has?

I think with the games in hand and psychologically it gives us a huge advantage. Huge pressure from their fans after that and they'll be quick to jump on their backs creating a negative energy.
We have to win those games in hand. Can we beat Burnley and Leicester away?

Leicester away will be very hard to win especially with our away form in general but there are a lot of points to play for yet so would not play up or down our chances for a while yet .At the moment we are in the fight and hopefully bag the wins we need .

On that display I would say we are still in the race but are not good enough to get top 4. It's close though and a decent midfielder in the transfer window who can unlock packed defences and we might just get there.

Utd not having a permanent appointment won't make any difference only at spurs would that be an excuse.
Utd and Woolwich have better options in terms of attacking and or creativity and one of them will probably get it, the games in hand will put pressure on the team which history shows they can't handle.

My god... You are thoroughly depressing.

2nd should be the target. i think chelsea look disjointed and liverpool are not the same side they was a couple years ago, think they are there to be got at. missed robertson earlier and i think if you take anyone of the 3 of robertson, mane and salah out the side they are very beatable.

Back
Top Bottom