The problem is now clear

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His head's gone though, it's obvious to see...the way he's playing at the minute I can't see the big boys wanting him, not even United...

Again, what I’ve been saying since halfway through last season.

But my question is what if this is revolving around the manager. What would people want....an in form committed Eriksen under a new manager or Poch looking for a new Eriksen? What if it’s Kane next...?

In my opinion....It's really not rocket science. Daniel Levy is not prepared to fund Poch's 'project' any more because he was expecting better results and performances from who he has already in the squad. Poch feels in order to attain his goals he requires substantial funding to rebuild a depleted and unhappy team. They have smiled and courted each other but now the honeymoon period is over and cracks are appearing.
In an effort to pressurise Daniel we see Poch make 'poor me' statements to the press so that his arse is covered when things go belly up and would be suitors are not put off. Levy responds by stating the club will not be spending lavishly in the transfer window but maintain it's policy of building from the bottom up. He made a statement of....
We could easily have spent more money on players. Who knows if that would have brought us more success or not?

That is quite simply a slap in the face for Poch, intimating that he was not confident that giving the manager more money would have improved the situation. i.e. Lack of confidence.

Behind the scenes these two are locked in a battle of wills, whenever that is over there will be only one winner....Daniel Levy.... and Poch will have an untenable position.

Last edited:
Maintaining the status quo and hoping for the best is the face of a year of a decline in results. You are actually a bigger idiot than I took you for.
But thats all we can do. We have no say in the running of the club....What difference does anything we say in here make?

Do you think Daniel's first thing on his to do list each morning is checking our forums?

I'm sure you fantasize about him telling Pochettino that ''The Hood on TFC doesn't rate you chum, time to go''....

Last edited:
But thats all we can do. We have no say in the running of the club....What difference does anything we say in here make?

Do you think Daniel's first thing on his to do list each morning is checking our forums?

I'm sure you fantasize about him telling Pochettino that ''The Hood on TFC doesn't rate you chum,time to go''....

Of course we have a say in the direction of the club, it’s the reason why certain managers could never be at the club. Its the reason why a player will never move from us to Woolwich directly again. It’s the reason why the club publicly acknowledged the mistakes with Graham and AVB. It you don’t believe a business with a £400 million turnover doesn’t listen to its customers then you are living in fantasy land. It’s not just a question of what is in here - the will monitor opinion across all of social media and in the traditional media as well. There has to be a discussion around him - it would unhealthy if there wasn’t. You are a supporter of Tottenham Hotspur football club not its employee Mauricio Pochettino - the club always comes first, it’s a shame so many of you have forgotten this.

Of course we have a say in the direction of the club, it’s the reason why certain managers could never be at the club. Its the reason why a player will never move from us to Woolwich directly again. It’s the reason why the club publicly acknowledged the mistakes with Graham and AVB. It you don’t believe a business with a £400 million turnover doesn’t listen to its customers then you are living in fantasy land. It’s not just a question of what is in here - the will monitor opinion across all of social media and in the media. There has to be a discussion around him - it would unhealthy if there wasn’t. You are a supporter of Tottenham Hotspur football club not its employee Mauricio Pochettino - the club always comes first, it’s a shame so many of you have forgotten this.
Well fuck me...you do believe you're making a difference...I'll back away slowly then....

Well fuck me...you do believe you're making a difference...I'll back away slowly then....

No you’re right the supporters don’t have any say.

Nothing needs to change - no problem here. Stop believing the lies of those non real supporters and wannabe gooners.

I’m off to get ‘He’s magic you know, Mauricio Pochettino, trophies will come, this young team and manager are destined for great things. The best manager in my lifetime’ tattooed on my back because it really cannot be said enough.

And when do you see this 'turn around' happening please ? Before the January window or afterwards as Poch is currently intimating.

Perhaps there isn't a definitive timeframe (yet)...

......Should everyone just melt in the meantime?

Should be a glorious atmos in the ground on Sat if this place is a anything to go by. :pochunimpressed:

It's really not rocket science. Daniel Levy is not prepared to fund Poch's 'project' any more because he was expecting better results and performances from who he has already in the squad. Poch feels in order to attain his goals he requires substantial funding to rebuild a depleted and unhappy team. They have smiled and courted each other but now the honeymoon period is over and cracks are appearing.
In an effort to pressurise Daniel we see Poch make 'poor me' statements to the press so that his arse is covered when things go belly up and would be suitors are not put off. Levy responds by stating the club will not be spending lavishly in the transfer window but maintain it's policy of building from the bottom up. His made a statement of....
We could easily have spent more money on players. Who knows if that would have brought us more success or not?

That is quite simply a slap in the face for Poch, intimating that he was not confident that giving the manager more money would have improved the situation. i.e. Lack of confidence.

Behind the scenes these two are locked in a battle of wills, whenever that is over there will be only one winner....Daniel Levy and Poch will have an untenable position.

You just made all that up tho.....

5 days ago:

“We could have easily spent more money on players,” he told the Financial Times.

“Who knows if that would have bought us more success or not, the right approach is to build from the bottom up.

“There is no quick fix to becoming a much more significant global club.”

I meant all the stuff about Levys sentiments, feuding etc. I.e. Pretty much everything else he wrote.

I didn't highlight the quote... That was the original posters own formatting

Of course I did, really there's complete harmony between the two over a club transfer policy. That's obvious from the alignment of the statements they both make concerning the subject.
There's no problem at all..... 😎

Weren't you moaning about someone presenting personal theory as fact yesterday?

I meant all the stuff about Levys sentiments, feuding etc. I.e. Pretty much everything else he wrote.

I didn't highlight the quote... That was the original posters own formatting

It's quite obvious that Poch and Levy have had a lot of disagreements over transfers, especially recently. It was only a few weeks ago that Poch was ranting that he shouldn't be called the manager anymore and that he knew nothing about players coming or going. Poch has always used his interactions with the media to try and prod Levy into action, until this summer he did it in a mostly playful way but I get the sense that this summer he was very, very angry with the state of our squad. He came out and said that him and Levy had to have a serious dinner meeting after the window closed just to clear the air and put their disagreements to one side.

Now I believe that Levy gave it a good go this summer with trying to move players on and sign Dybala on top of the other 4 new players, it was just a difficult market for us given the contract situation of many players and the terrible form of people like Rose, Aurier, Wanyama etc. It was always going to be tough to shift our bad players and get fees for the top players heading for a free transfer. Levy tried to shop them around but nobody was interested.

What I think the overall malaise and Poch's obvious frustration comes down to is that year where we did nothing in the market. If we had even just signed Grealish, he would have been bedded in by now and we would have an exciting, versatile young player ready to replace Eriksen. Unfortunately Levy overplayed his hand and tried to humiliate Aston Villa rather than behave properly, we signed nobody and after selling Dembele mid-season without a replacement our midfield, and by extension our ability to play good football, was severely damaged. Everything became stale very quickly and again this summer, due to a difficult market, our new signings came late and unfortunately haven't been fit. We gave ourselves too much to do this window, I don't think any manager would be able to get the team fully firing in these circumstances.

The reality of our situation now is that it will be next summer before we can really get our squad in good shape, Poch is talking about January but that is delusional, nobody ever does big business in January and player will need months to settle in. If Poch can't get the team playing properly very soon then we either have to write the season off and give up on European football until the 20/21 season when Poch can properly rebuild the squad, or we change the manager now and hope that a new voice and the need to impress him can light a fire under these players and carry us to the top 4. It's not realistic to expect January signings to fix this problem. If results don't improve soon then top 4 will be over by January anyway.

My personal feeling is that we cannot afford not to be in the CL next season, we would probably be forced to sell Son in that situation to make up for the shortfall in revenue and the lack of income from Toby, Jan and Eriksen leaving for nothing. If in a month's time our form is still in the toilet, I think Poch will agree to depart and we will roll the dice on a new manager. I think Levy views consistent participation in the CL as more important to the club than retaining Pochettino in these circumstances.

It's quite obvious that Poch and Levy have had a lot of disagreements over transfers, especially recently. It was only a few weeks ago that Poch was ranting that he shouldn't be called the manager anymore and that he knew nothing about players coming or going. Poch has always used his interactions with the media to try and prod Levy into action, until this summer he did it in a mostly playful way but I get the sense that this summer he was very, very angry with the state of our squad. He came out and said that him and Levy had to have a serious dinner meeting after the window closed just to clear the air and put their disagreements to one side.

Now I believe that Levy gave it a good go this summer with trying to move players on and sign Dybala on top of the other 4 new players, it was just a difficult market for us given the contract situation of many players and the terrible form of people like Rose, Aurier, Wanyama etc. It was always going to be tough to shift our bad players and get fees for the top players heading for a free transfer. Levy tried to shop them around but nobody was interested.

What I think the overall malaise and Poch's obvious frustration comes down to is that year where we did nothing in the market. If we had even just signed Grealish, he would have been bedded in by now and we would have an exciting, versatile young player ready to replace Eriksen. Unfortunately Levy overplayed his hand and tried to humiliate Aston Villa rather than behave properly, we signed nobody and after selling Dembele mid-season without a replacement our midfield, and by extension our ability to play good football, was severely damaged. Everything became stale very quickly and again this summer, due to a difficult market, our new signings came late and unfortunately haven't been fit. We gave ourselves too much to do this window, I don't think any manager would be able to get the team fully firing in these circumstances.

The reality of our situation now is that it will be next summer before we can really get our squad in good shape, Poch is talking about January but that is delusional, nobody ever does big business in January and player will need months to settle in. If Poch can't get the team playing properly very soon then we either have to write the season off and give up on European football until the 20/21 season when Poch can properly rebuild the squad, or we change the manager now and hope that a new voice and the need to impress him can light a fire under these players and carry us to the top 4. It's not realistic to expect January signings to fix this problem. If results don't improve soon then top 4 will be over by January anyway.

My personal feeling is that we cannot afford not to be in the CL next season, we would probably be forced to sell Son in that situation to make up for the shortfall in revenue and the lack of income from Toby, Jan and Eriksen leaving for nothing. If in a month's time our form is still in the toilet, I think Poch will agree to depart and we will roll the dice on a new manager. I think Levy views consistent participation in the CL as more important to the club than retaining Pochettino in these circumstances.

Measured and substantiated goes a long way... Thanks for your thoughts.

One thing I would add though is that re: the 2 'lost' windows; both had intimated that funds were available so I contest the idea that they would rightfully be at loggerheads about that.... Esp. if if one believes, as suggested, that Poch was refusing proposed purchases during this time... If mere fresh bodies were the order of the day at the time (rather than in hindsight) then why'd he not give Tielemans (eg) a thumbs up?

Want to know what teams think of their real fans?

Im confused.....he sounds like hes come to the end of wits with modern football fans. And that makes him real. Fair enough, and straight forward.

But here on TFC, the concept is that the real fanz are the ones that want to SPEND MORE!!!!!!

The billion pound stadium? Fuck that....MORE PLAYERS!!!!
450M and 27 signings not enough in 5 years? nope....this squad has been neglected.....30M 40M 50M 60M pound players...fuck that how can we compete???? Tight CUNT chairman

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the voice of Tottenham Hotspur´s

REAL FANZZZZZZZZZ

Fuck mine

Back
Top Bottom