The problem is now clear

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has said it himself, he wants a complete overhaul of the squad and we will be very busy in the next transfer windows. His comments over the last couple of windows suggests that he doesn't have full backing of Levy - and maybe quite rightly so, no coach should expect such a high volume of transfer activity in such an over inflated market.

So; where does that leave our current crop of players? Why would they make an effort if they are not wanted?

Jan, Toby, Rose, Wanyama , Eriksen, Sissoko - Gone. Either too old or want out.

Alli, Moura, Aurier - Probably gone. Alli would need a club to match his decent wages. PSG or Liverpool would be my bet.

Son, Kane, Ndombele - These seem to be the only first 11 players that Poch intends to keep

Winks, Lamela, Dier, Davies - Decent squad players. Probably staying.

Foyth, KWP, Skipp, Sess, Lo Celso - Need to prove themselves, but looking like they are staying.

So, its stick or twist time. Facts are

1. We don't get champions league next year. 6th at best this season.
2. Unless we buy established mature players, we may not get top 4 again until 2022/23 at best. Woolwich, United and Chelsea's rebuilds may have matured by then.
3. Son and Kane will be looking at (2) and wondering about the future - does they want to end their career with no trophies?

The fact we signed Ndombele and went in for Dybala is a sign of intend to indeed sign some established players so that the rebuild will not take 3 or 4 seasons. However, as we saw at United, Chelsea this is a difficult task to get right and youth and time may be the answer.

Why do people want to get rid of the squad?

What bullshit magic has Poch pulled over your eyes?

We don't need to waste money on replacing perfectly good players to please a manager who has proven he can't win a trophy. He hasn't the mentality. Perfect example is the CL Final. How can a man-motivator not get a performance on the biggest stage in football?

We don't need to waste money on replacing perfectly good players to please a manager who has proven he can't win a trophy. He hasn't the mentality. Perfect example is the CL Final. How can a man-motivator not get a performance on the biggest stage in football?

We lost narrowly to a pretty good side. You sound like a spoilt child.

Poch has said it himself, he wants a complete overhaul of the squad and we will be very busy in the next transfer windows. His comments over the last couple of windows suggests that he doesn't have full backing of Levy - and maybe quite rightly so, no coach should expect such a high volume of transfer activity in such an over inflated market.

So; where does that leave our current crop of players? Why would they make an effort if they are not wanted?

Alli, Moura, Aurier - Probably gone. Alli would need a club to match his decent wages. PSG or Liverpool would be my bet.

Son, Kane, Ndombele - These seem to be the only first 11 players that Poch intends to keep

Foyth, KWP, Skipp, Sess, Lo Celso - Need to prove themselves, but looking like they are staying.

2. Unless we buy established mature players, we may not get top 4 again until 2022/23 at best. Woolwich, United and Chelsea's rebuilds may have matured by then.
3. Son and Kane will be looking at (2) and wondering about the future - does they want to end their career with no trophies?

The fact we signed Ndombele and went in for Dybala is a sign of intend to indeed sign some established players so that the rebuild will not take 3 or 4 seasons. However, as we saw at United, Chelsea this is a difficult task to get right and youth and time may be the answer.
Talk about publicly telling your players they are shite and I’m going to overhaul the entire squad over the next two windows by replacing you wasters......what a way to motivate an already disillusioned squad of players🙄🙄

For fuck sake can we not just fire him already and give someone else a chance here?

I’m pretty sure the baldy cunt upstairs isn’t leaving anytime soon so unless the players feel like turning up week in week out from here on in after getting publicly face slapped several times by their manager then he needs to move on soon as.....

God this football club is more frustrating than fucking Brexit at times!!

Just go and get Rafa in and see the season out, at least he can organise the bloody thing to a point where we know who’s good enough and who isn’t, there’s no hiding place from Benítez that’s one thing for sure, you stick to the script or fuck off, and that’s what we need right now more than some philosopher with some obi wan Kinobi mentor from yest a year blowing smoke each other’s arse reminiscing over their time spent in some Argentinian village......

Talk about publicly telling your players they are shite and I’m going to overhaul the entire squad over the next two windows by replacing you wasters......what a way to motivate an already disillusioned squad of players🙄🙄

For fuck sake can we not just fire him already and give someone else a chance here?

I’m pretty sure the baldy cunt upstairs isn’t leaving anytime soon so unless the players feel like turning up week in week out from here on in after getting publicly face slapped several times by their manager then he needs to move on soon as.....

God this football club is more frustrating than fucking Brexit at times!!

Just go and get Rafa in and see the season out, at least he can organise the bloody thing to a point where we know who’s good enough and who isn’t, there’s no hiding place from Benítez that’s one thing for sure, you stick to the script or fuck off, and that’s what we need right now more than some philosopher with some obi wan Kinobi mentor from yest a year blowing smoke each other’s arse reminiscing over their time spent in some Argentinian village......

I suspect the frustrations of not being able to lose the players he wants out has gotten the better of him.

Bringing somebody else in doesn't hide the fact that Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, Sissoko need replacing. You might get a decent season out of them; but what happens next season?

The drop in form of Kane, Eriksen and Alli is anyone's guess. Poor motivation? niggling injuries - but 2 years ago they were out best players and we for sure have not brought anyone of the same quality in to replace them.

Hey, we lost narrowly to a pretty good side. Did you not read VoiceOfThePoshSeats VoiceOfThePoshSeats recent posting ?? :roflmao:

I also read how people like me are celebrating this........people like me who have been disgusted with our stye of play. How´s that work?

On the flip side, I look forward to John Thomas and others to be celebrating every loss, and poor sub from any new manager that comes in, and hope we finith 16th and play shit so they can " be right".

CL final=Levy Out
12th = Levy Out

Lets buy a new squad every 3 years

Spot on

I can't figure out how it's Poch's fault that the team were shit in the CL final.
For most players it was the biggest game of their lives so that should have been enough to get them motivated. If they can't find the self-motivation for that type of game they don't deserve to be playing at that level.
One thing we do lack is a leader on the field though because nobody seems to be stepping up to motivate or organise things on the pitch.

I'm fucking tired of trigger happy fans already. It would be better if I stay off these forums while we're going through this cycle. Hopefully at the end of it you'll be eating your words you fucking spoiled, impatient bunch of brats.

Spurs fans really are fickle, ungrateful stupid cunts.

Even once we get past this blip (which we will) I wouldn't want to enjoy the good times with some of you morons. Shown your aftv colours.

The overhaul scenario is complete BS
This same squad achieved P4 for the last 4 seasons, challenged the title, sf of cups and cl final.
How many pl clubs had an overhaul!
It needs 3 or 4 players inc replace if Toby Eriksen n Vert leave.
You always need to improve, levy ‘s biggest mistake not buying for 2 windows and this is the consequence. imagine if we had 3 new players, we would have possibly won cl and been a club performing like Liverpool, we were that close. Last season our bench at some matches were very weak for a top team.

Poch has an agenda either way out or he lost the dressing room

Where does Pochettino say this?

The overhaul scenario is complete BS
This same squad achieved P4 for the last 4 seasons, challenged the title, sf of cups and cl final.
How many pl clubs had an overhaul!
It needs 3 or 4 players inc replace if Toby Eriksen n Vert leave.
You always need to improve, levy ‘s biggest mistake not buying for 2 windows and this is the consequence. imagine if we had 3 new players, we would have possibly won cl and been a club performing like Liverpool, we were that close. Last season our bench at some matches were very weak for a top team.

Poch has an agenda either way out or he lost the dressing room
I would be shocked if Poch had the dressing room in tact after handicapping the team by starting Kane and keeping to the end of the mist miserable CL final ever witnessed

Spurs fans really are fickle, ungrateful stupid cunts.

Even once we get past this blip (which we will) I wouldn't want to enjoy the good times with some of you morons. Shown your aftv colours.

Watch out everybody we have another livewire real fan here - so more enlightened than us mere mortals that he can see the future and present this as a fact.

Like MDG you’re an embarrassment to the football club. You put the manager above the players, supporters and owner. Something is seriously wrong with you if you believe the supporters don’t have the right to question the manager of the club following the run of results in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom