The players are average

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the chairmans fucking average, he gets treated like the messiah for balancing the fucking books whoopdedo thats what the fuck he's supposed to do as a bare minimum, just because sugar and scholar were fucking shite doesn't mean he's sum sort of fuckn wonder chairman

then he undermines whoever the current schmuck managing the team is every fuckn transfer window without fail year in year out

the most important thing this little bald twat has to do by a country fuckn mile is higher a good manager and back him 100% thru thick and thin unless relegation becomes a possibility but he's consistently bottled his most important duty since he got here

How was Walker at fault for either of those?
Chiriches (1st goal), and Capoue (2nd) both failed to win headers.
If anything, Walker was one of the brighter aspects in the Spurs side.
He fucking legged it to try and block their 1st, some passion we have seen little of from most of our players.
I genuinely believe if he continues to develop and improve, he will be a captain of the future and a great player.
First goal - He gets caught ball watching and drawn towards the middle leaving Jarvis in acres of space to bang it home.

Second goal - From the original cross which everyone thought was going out of play but didnt, he got beaten by one of their players half the fucking size of him (not sure who it was off the top of my head), instead of dealing with it. They kept possesion, sent it out wide again and the rest is history.

the chairmans fucking average, he gets treated like the messiah for balancing the fucking books whoopdedo thats what the fuck he's supposed to do as a bare minimum, just because sugar and scholar were fucking shite doesn't mean he's sum sort of fuckn wonder chairman

then he undermines whoever the current schmuck managing the team is every fuckn transfer window without fail year in year out

the most important thing this little bald twat has to do by a country fuckn mile is higher a good manager and back him 100% thru thick and thin unless relegation becomes a possibility but he's consistently bottled his most important duty since he got here

lets see what sherwood does/ how he sets up in the league first..
have a feeling levy is going to go after a few big names (both managers and players) in the post season..
i admit levy isnt the messiah but our league record under him speaks for itself

lets see what sherwood does/ how he sets up in the league first..
have a feeling levy is going to go after a few big names (both managers and players) in the post season..
i admit levy isnt the messiah but our league record under him speaks for itself

really what does it say

"have a feeling levy is going to go after a few big names (both managers and players) in the post season" :levylol:

really what does it say

"have a feeling levy is going to go after a few big names (both managers and players) in the post season" :levylol:

well firstly it says without any injection of external funds that our league position, our finacial position and the quality of of players has improved over the the last deacde or so..
i feel with the players we have and their potential with one or two established players we could make top 4...which CEO's are better? all you would name would be at established big football clubs or ones owned by cash rich oil sheicks who make more money wiping there ass than you will in a lifetime...
all people make mistakes and levy's no different...
sick of all the melters talking shit now...the same ones who were all starry eyed at the start of the season...two of the players we bought based on their record would have been able to go to almost any team in the world...cut him a break mate

well firstly it says without any injection of external funds that our league position, our finacial position and the quality of of players has improved over the the last deacde or so..
i feel with the players we have and their potential with one or two established players we could make top 4...which CEO's are better? all you would name would be at established big football clubs or ones owned by cash rich oil sheicks who make more money wiping there ass than you will in a lifetime...
all people make mistakes and levy's no different...
sick of all the melters talking shit now...the same ones who were all starry eyed at the start of the season...two of the players we bought based on their record would have been able to go to almost any team in the world...cut him a break mate

pull his cock out your throat and fuck off, buddy

sure we've gotten better but that's only because the people before him were absolutely crap

I'd take the yanks at the scousers over him/enic in a heartbeat

pull his cock out your throat and fuck off, buddy

sure we've gotten better but that's only because the people before him were absolutely crap

I'd take the yanks at the scousers over him/enic in a heartbeat

yid usually your not part of the melt brigade but ive gotta call you out on this one...

in every measurable stat we have gotten better under levy..you have argued before that ' money makes the world go round' well guess what our club has made a shitload more under levy...

secondly you wouldnt have taken ENIC over levy last year...stop pulling my dick about them what have they done except not sell suarez? ENIC are worse than levy, they are a pure bussiness whose bottom line is making money..Joe lewis on the other hand at least has some passion

We've gotten better at stages, but then Levy goes and sells all our best fucking players. The man doesn't give a shit about the football club. All he cares about is the business side of things.
We've gone from cutting our gums in the Champions League to Tim fucking Sherwood managing a side getting knocked out in a QF at home to West Ham.
Yes. We're in a much better position aren't we?

First goal - He gets caught ball watching and drawn towards the middle leaving Jarvis in acres of space to bang it home.

Second goal - From the original cross which everyone thought was going out of play but didnt, he got beaten by one of their players half the fucking size of him (not sure who it was off the top of my head), instead of dealing with it. They kept possesion, sent it out wide again and the rest is history.
Not sure, if you look Walker is in line with the man with Sigg following him in.
Sigg stops and Walker is anticipating an interception.
I will definitely admit that Walker can ball watch, and this is something he could improve.
But in this instace I still think as a CB, Vlad should be winning that header, eliminating the possibility of this.
Copoue stood staring into space rather than attacking the ball/player.
It was a complete blunder.
Out of curiosity, which 23yr old or < RB would you take over Walker?

We've gotten better at stages, but then Levy goes and sells all our best fucking players. The man doesn't give a shit about the football club. All he cares about is the business side of things.
We've gone from cutting our gums in the Champions League to Tim fucking Sherwood managing a side getting knocked out in a QF at home to West Ham.
Yes. We're in a much better position aren't we?

your neglecting a few facts here.

firstly the three players im assuming your talking about had to be sold..berba, modric and bale all basically refused to play..modric and berba we got decent money for and bale we got a world record fee..are u trying to tell me if madrid had offered 85 for suarez liverpool wouldnt have taken it?

secondly we were biting our gums in the champions league UNDER levy and were there because A. we were playing better than our squad talent suggested and B. becuase established teams had dropped off.

we bought well in the summer and the future looks bright...1 or 2 new players and we will right in the mix...
whilst like you i want us to win the league, im intelligent enough to know that without a large stadium or a sugar daddy this isnt going to happen any time soon.

Im not talking about the cross into the centre for the goal. Yes, I agree that Vlad should be clearing that. Im talking about the phase of play before that when Walker gets done at the back post when everyone thought it was going out of play. Thats when it should have been dealt with.

Seamus Coleman all day long.

your neglecting a few facts here.

firstly the three players im assuming your talking about had to be sold..berba, modric and bale all basically refused to play..modric and berba we got decent money for and bale we got a world record fee..are u trying to tell me if madrid had offered 85 for suarez liverpool wouldnt have taken it?

secondly we were biting our gums in the champions league UNDER levy and were there because A. we were playing better than our squad talent suggested and B. becuase established teams had dropped off.

we bought well in the summer and the future looks bright...1 or 2 new players and we will right in the mix...
whilst like you i want us to win the league, im intelligent enough to know that without a large stadium or a sugar daddy this isnt going to happen any time soon.

We are a selling club, end of.

The Champions league has always been and will always be a top class tournament. We didn't get into it because other teams were shit!! We got there on Merit, and did bloody well. The current problems began when Levy didnt strengthen that squad and build from there.

We did not buy well in the summer. All of our signings so far havent worked out, and most of them if were being honest dont look like theyre gonna make the grade.

We are a selling club, end of.

The Champions league has always been and will always be a top class tournament. We didn't get into it because other teams were shit!! We got there on Merit, and did bloody well. The current problems began when Levy didnt strengthen that squad and build from there.

We did not buy well in the summer. All of our signings so far havent worked out, and most of them if were being honest dont look like theyre gonna make the grade.

first point. Im not taking away from our top 4 achievements simply highlighting it was a combination of us being good and established top 4 teams being shit.

second. eriksen, lamela, vlad, capoue, soldado were chased by some of the biggest teams in the world based on the talent and performances..its hardly levy's fault if they havent fired.

give them time and then make a judgement, personally i dont think avb was using these players in the right way

ether way time well tell im just sick of all the melters and ppl with a sense of entitlement..

first point. Im not taking away from our top 4 achievements simply highlighting it was a combination of us being good and established top 4 teams being shit.

second. eriksen, lamela, vlad, capoue, soldado were chased by some of the biggest teams in the world based on the talent and performances..its hardly levy's fault if they havent fired.

give them time and then make a judgement, personally i dont think avb was using these players in the right way

ether way time well tell im just sick of all the melters and ppl with a sense of entitlement..
I know what you're saying fella.

I question the fact that so called 'massive clubs' were chasing these players. If so, why the hell did they come to us?! It makes no sense! This tells me that they are not as good as everyone is making out. Of course we should give them time and see what happens. But from what I've seen with my own eyes, I am not over confident in any of them. Vlad is the only one who seems like he's settling properly, but still has a long way to go.

I'm still bloody fuming about last night! Had to come straight to work after the game soaking wet and cold, and still have another hour left before I finish!

Need my bed.

I don't think we are a selling club. We are a trading club. Overall under ENIC we have spent more on purchases than received in sales, IIRC. But that money has been found through us the fans, by gate receipts, TV income, merchandising, etc.

Levy loves to wheel and deal, probably even more than Harry. It really is quite funny to think we had the pair of them together at one stage. Coming from very different backgrounds, but with a lot in common.

Can't imagine though Levy saying 'I'm not a fucking wheeler dealer, I'm a Chairman'.

Partly because I think he's quite proud of being a wheeler dealer, and why not, nothing wrong with that in a capitalist society.

The players are average? Rubbish. A gelled, settled, injury free side that looks something like

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Soldado​

with Lennon, Townsend, Holtby, Defoe, Adebayor, Sigurdsson, Paulinho and Capoue as options off the bench is good enough to challenge for the top 4. Really our troubles have come from unfortunate injuries to Rose and Eriksen, among others, and Lamela taking time to settle in. That being said, it was difficult for Lamela for settle into the side when he wasn't playing first team games at all.

Not one person thought the side wasn't good enough to challenge at the close of the transfer window. Some wanted a left back and they were probably right.

article-2420146-1BCCF40E000005DC-646_634x332.jpg

Hiring a good manager is a piece of piss, right? Only four teams in the Premier League have had the same manager for the last two years. Three of those managers (Allardyce, Pardew and Mackay) have been in the top few favourites to be sacked all season long. Mackay will probably be sacked within the next month. Woolwich fans were baying for Wenger's sacking at the start of the season, too. When Levy is seeing no sort of improvement whatsoever over 18 months he pulls the trigger. And why not? We've looked shit for a long time. We lost 5-0 at home to fucking Liverpool. We lost 3-0 at home to fucking West Ham. We haven't thrashed a side in the league since Gareth Bale took apart Villa almost exactly 12 months ago.

And sacking should only become a possibility when relegation is looking a serious reality? Wow. You'd be content with continuing to completely back the manager if we were finishing 10th every year?

EDIT - http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/franco-watermelon-bollocks-baldini.6707/

Cant understand what the fuck people see in Kyle Walker?!
Along with Defoe, he is the most Overrated player I have seen in a long long time at this club.
At fault for BOTH goals tonight.
Deadwood.

The first one he had to be where he was and stood no chance at getting back to stop the shot

Back
Top Bottom