The OMG They're Injured Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Daily Mail:

Harry Redknapp will target a central defender this month after he revealed Ledley King has torn a hamstring.

The Tottenham manager has long been an admirer of Blackburn’s Christopher Samba and is also considering a move for 22-year-old West Ham defender James Tomkins. King, 31, could spend at least another eight weeks on the sidelines after he tore the muscle in training on Friday.

Sibs said:
From Daily Mail:

Harry Redknapp will target a central defender this month after he revealed Ledley King has torn a hamstring.

The Tottenham manager has long been an admirer of Blackburn’s Christopher Samba and is also considering a move for 22-year-old West Ham defender James Tomkins. King, 31, could spend at least another eight weeks on the sidelines after he tore the muscle in training on Friday.
That's the one, Sibs. Hoping it's just over-reaction.

If it was only the Mail I wouldn't have worried but now it's in the Telegraph with a direct quote from Harry to boot...

Dawson captained Tottenham Hotspur to a comfortable win over League Two side Cheltenham, his first appearance since August. The England defender had been out because of an Achilles tendon injury that required surgery, and will now be needed for the coming games against Everton, Wolves and Manchester City after Harry Redknapp revealed that King was injured in training on Friday.

“Ledley came out for a little jog and tore his hamstring,” the manager said. “He has had a scan but I have not got the results yet. It means the only options I have are Dawson, [Sebastien] Bassong and [Younes] Kaboul. There is no one else.”

With William Gallas also suffering a hamstring tear, Redknapp is likely to step up his bid to sign Chris Samba from Blackburn, and will certainly not release Bassong, who is wanted by QPR, among others.

pokeandhope said:
What about Huddlestone playing as a centre back, he won't get into our midfield ?

wouldn't like it at all, get Samba in he's a proper beast and a leader too plus he'd help out our shit set-pieces no end

Daws and Kaboul have never impressed me much as a partnership either so a CB should be a top priority along with a ST of course

pokeandhope said:
What about Huddlestone playing as a centre back, he won't get into our midfield ?
sort-of-want-face.jpg

I suspect Blackburn may try and bend us over now for Samba, and why not.

King and Gallas will be huge misses imo

When we finished 4th was our centre back pairing not Bassong and Dawson often?

I actually don't mind Bassong but he needs an extended run of games for us to see the best of him and that just isn't going to happen. Best 5th choice centre back in the league!

YidoBuckler said:
When we finished 4th was our centre back pairing not Bassong and Dawson often?

I actually don't mind Bassong but he needs an extended run of games for us to see the best of him and that just isn't going to happen. Best 5th choice centre back in the league!

We did indeed but as you say Bassong needs games and he hasnt had that for some time. Plus Kaboul is back and better than ever. For some reason Dawson and kaboul just never look right to me.

Dru said:

if we make an offer he'll be kickn up a fuss to move, and with his contract up in the summer they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Paydro said:
Dru said:

if we make an offer he'll be kickn up a fuss to move, and with his contract up in the summer they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Hoilett's deal is up in the Summer but Samba signed a 5 year deal either last Summer or last January, so Blackburn are in quite a good negotiating position with him.

oohhh well then yes we very much will be getting bent over

proper gangbang all holes stuffed shit

it's Cahill whose contracts up in the summer right

I think we did this and picked Samba, I forget the episode now. We said something along the lines of them clearing everything in sight.

Back
Top Bottom