The OMG They're Injured Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here is 'Archibald's' recent comments regarding current injuries - he is one of the few I.T.K.'s I'd actually listen too, seems to have some links to the 'football' side of the club

vdv not injured.

Parker stretched ligament... may be rested tues but will train tomorrow and see how it is

dont think Lennon will make it (WBA) but will for the cheltenham game.. touch and go though.

Daws was only on the bench as Corluka and Bassong were injured... he isnt match fit and couldnt have started against Swansea

Exactly, Sandro offers enough cover imo, especially for games like this evening.

As for King if he's fit, play him! Simples. Can't be fucking around with him anymore, just play him.

What is the deal with Lennon then anyone know?

drwinston001 said:
Don't want to risk Parker. Don't play him then he'll have had 10 days off before the Everton game.

I with you on this. Better to give him a decent rest rather than run him dry

probably just not ready. Don't want to rush him either in my opinion. We did that last time he had a similar injury and it took him until this season to get back to any sort of form. We should have enough cover to play well and get results in the coming few fixtures that will mean players like Parker and Lennon get rest/fit.

PS, any chance vdV could get fit at any point in this career with the club? I'm really starting to get pissed off with the waste of a substitution every time he starts. No matter how good he is (or isn't on current form) surely at some point he should be able to play 90 minutes? It'd be like me leaving the office at 3pm every day, although I work less than Pav does so maybe that's not a very good analogy.

drwinston001 said:
PS, any chance vdV could get fit at any point in this career with the club? I'm really starting to get pissed off with the waste of a substitution every time he starts. No matter how good he is (or isn't on current form) surely at some point he should be able to play 90 minutes? It'd be like me leaving the office at 3pm every day, although I work less than Pav does so maybe that's not a very good analogy.

Could be wrong but I don't think Van der Vaart has been subbed off in the last three/four games, at least?

cutlass said:
drwinston001 said:

Could be wrong but I don't think Van der Vaart has been subbed off in the last three/four games, at least?

He was subbed off against Swansea (70mins for Defoe), Norwich (89mins to be fair), Chelsea (at half time) and Sunderland (again 89 mins to be fair). I do think it is a lot to do with Harry protecting him though, he seemed OK to carry on today... made a good tackle near the end of the game...

VDV is fit, it's purely tactical subbing him often because Defoe can replace him and we keep our shape

quit hatin drdickface001

Heard on radio that Sandro could be out for a few months.

Hoping this is pure speculation as.

Parker was meant to have undergone a late fitness test. Hopefully after a rest at the weekend he may be back for the Everton game - though he could really do with a longer rest.

Livermore will get better the more he plays, but this isn't the time of the season to be taking a chance like this.

I'm awaiting the usual 'Diarra to Spurs' ITK

"Tom Collomosse @TomCStandard Hear Sandro's injury isn't as bad as it could've been. Minor tear so perhaps 2-3 wks, although he's had calf trouble before"

Back
Top Bottom