The Norwich away match thread 30/1/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering that a^2 + b^2 = c^2, the only way for a + b = c is if both a = 0 and b = 0. But since Norwich's current from is clearly terrible, a must be true, which implies that it can't = 0.

True, but I think the fact that sqrt(a^2+b^2) = c will help us more today!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

• Let ACB be a right-angled triangle with right angle CAB.
    • On each of the sides BC, AB, and CA, squares are drawn, CBDE, BAGF, and ACIH, in that order. The construction of squares requires the immediately preceding theorems in Euclid, and depends upon the parallel postulate.
    • From A, draw a line parallel to BD and CE. It will perpendicularly intersect BC and DE at K and L, respectively.
    • Join CF and AD, to form the triangles BCF and BDA.
    • Angles CAB and BAG are both right angles; therefore C, A, and G are collinear. Similarly for B, A, and H.
    • Angles CBD and FBA are both right angles; therefore angle ABD equals angle FBC, since both are the sum of a right angle and angle ABC.
    • Since AB is equal to FB and BD is equal to BC, triangle ABD must be congruent to triangle FBC.
    • Since A-K-L is a straight line, parallel to BD, then rectangle BDLK has twice the area of triangle ABD because they share the base BD and have the same altitude BK, i.e., a line normal to their common base, connecting the parallel lines BD and AL. (lemma 2)
    • Since C is collinear with A and G, square BAGF must be twice in area to triangle FBC.
    • Therefore rectangle BDLK must have the same area as square BAGF = AB2.
    • Similarly, it can be shown that rectangle CKLE must have the same area as square ACIH = AC2.
    • Adding these two results, AB2 + AC2 = BD × BK + KL × KC
    • Since BD = KL, BD × BK + KL × KC = BD(BK + KC) = BD × BC
    • Therefore AB2 + AC2 = BC2, since CBDE is a square.

The quote also confirms that there's definitely something wrong with Defoe.
Andre: "Jermain feels good. He trained today and he was disappointed to miss Leeds but the medical staff have done a great job, he's fit"
if he's saying "he's fit" I don't see how that implies there's something wrong with him.

if he's saying "he's fit" I don't see how that implies there's something wrong with him.
I think what's going on is that AVB's comments give the lie to the theory that Defoe was not actually injured and that AVB simply dropped him out of disrespect for the FA Cup. He's Portuguese, you see, so he didn't grow up watching the FA Cup, so he can't possibly understand that it might be a tournament worth winning.

I think what's going on is that AVB's comments the lie to the theory that Defoe was not actually injured and that AVB simply dropped him out of disrespect for the FA Cup. He's Portuguese, you see, so he didn't grow up watching the FA Cup, so he can't possibly understand that it might be a tournament worth winning.
I see what you're saying but he's seemed pretty clued up on the English game to me, I do think JD was injured but not this pelvic injury everyone was talking about, read somewhere he might of just had a knock.

Right, fuck being nice... fuck Norwich and Delia 'do-anything-to-anything-with-anything-sex-slave S&M' Smith... let's smash the in-bred fuckers... I don't give a Nun's cunt, we've got a Champions League to Qualify for... don't worry Spurs fans, Hughton will be OK, Norwich won't go down (and I hope they don't, despite my opening gambit!)
but really, we really need to be beating Norwich, especially after the 1-1 at WHL... that was 2 points most definitely dropped... we need to gain 3 back tomorrow.

No questions, no excuses, no nonsense!

A friend goes away on vacation and calls his friend back home to ask about his cat. "Your cat got trapped on the roof and died," the friend responds.

"You idiot!" the other friend responds, "you're supposed to ease me into it. Tell me first that the cat is on the roof. Then the next time I call, tell me it's stuck up there, and so on. BTW, how is my grandmother?"

"Er, she's on the roof."

So that's how I read "Huddlestone suffered an injury in practice"

Right, fuck being nice... fuck Norwich and Delia 'do-anything-to-anything-with-anything-sex-slave S&M' Smith... let's smash the in-bred fuckers... I don't give a Nun's cunt, we've got a Champions League to Qualify for... don't worry Spurs fans, Hughton will be OK, Norwich won't go down (and I hope they don't, despite my opening gambit!)
but really, we really need to be beating Norwich, especially after the 1-1 at WHL... that was 2 points most definitely dropped... we need to gain 3 back tomorrow.

No questions, no excuses, no nonsense!

But how do you really feel concerning this fixture?

Back
Top Bottom