The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good let them, fuck them it'll only make us stronger

Yup!

tumblr_o3o76pAVcV1uhibkoo1_400.gif

It stops being about 3 points in later matches?.
:dembele:
No, the performances matters too after the first few games. Try & think a bit more before you post. That's 2 awful posts already in the last day.
Typical. We win. I am posting about that.
What do you do?
Have a crap dig at me! So sad.

Souey and Pards keep going on about Shelvey's sending off but they'd have tired anyway. We started rustily but had begun to pick it up by the 35 min mark. We ran possession more or less throughout, that would have had its effect as the game wore on, just might have taken it out of us a bit more. As it was, at 0-2 and a man up we could take it a bit easy.

Something that I haven't heard/seen mentioned was the influence that Son had on that 20 mins when we won the match. Having him and Dele testing them had them chasing shadows. You see it clearly in the first goal, there's a run into the 6 yd box first by Son which causes certain panic in the Newcassel defence, they miss his run and he's in behind them, the ball then goes back, Sonny checks back and they half-regroup but then miss Dele's run from another area.

Great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed watching that, even the slowish first half to be honest

Yeah, I thought Son made a difference when he came on.

Really impressive from KWP.
Pretty solid from us all round.
Looking forward to facing the chavs, I hope we see them into a meltdown and infighting after beating them.

Looks like all the Barca fans are massive fans of Eriksen.

Let's hope they sign Coutinho!!

If a team like barca were smart then they would go for eriksen. Only 25 so not yet hit his peak. & I predict he will be viewed as world class in 2 or 3 years by most.
Obviously I hope they don't go in for him!

Really good 2nd half performance. Eriksen was my man of the match but Dembele ran him close. Solid debut from KWP, didn't do anything wrong, really good to see the likes of Dier, Jan and Toby giving him nothing but encouragement during the game.

As for Shelvey, what a coward, typical of players who don't have the ability of their opponents so just lash out.

For their first game back the Geordie support was woeful, they seemed to save their loudest for booing sisokko and jeering Dele, desperate, love to see them go back down, despite the media reach around, their home support was shit.

If a team like barca were smart then they would go for eriksen. Only 25 so not yet hit his peak. & I predict he will be viewed as world class in 2 or 3 years by most.
Obviously I hope they don't go in for him!

I hope he stays under rated and off the Barca radar!

1. A professional performance, with 2 really well worked goals. The link between Dele, Kane and Eriksen is something money can't buy.

2. We don't need to buy a right back. Trippier, KWP and Dier is more than enough.

3. I wonder what the media will moan about tomorrow after we won without spending any money.

Decent enough without getting out of 2nd gear. Echo what others have said about KWP...good lad.

Most important thing today was three points. Clean sheet was a bonus. Form will come.

Son did make a difference because he has pace, makes intelligence runs and wants the ball - all of which Sissoko doesn't offer I'm afraid.

slow and steady to start lads. Build into the season and work up the tempo and shape.

Well done....who have we got next???

Back
Top Bottom