The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky predictably trying to push the narrative we won because they had a man down.

Don't worry, Utd next, so they won't be talking about us for long. I hate wet sham but I hope the hamsters get something today.

Is there any point in playing the remaining 37 games.. Just get the Lilywhite ribbons on the trophy and hand the Cunt over now.

3-0 really would have been a statement and a half. Shove it right down their throats early on. Still I'll take a steady under the radar 2-0 and a clean sheet.

Time for signings, growth and to back our boys 100%. We are dark horses in this league, and the media not showing us respect only fuels that further

He might deserve it but Chelsea re much harder opposition. I think KWP looks promising, he is very young and given time I think he could be really good. But I hope we have a more experienced option starting against Chelsea next week.
Yeah, you don't want to knock his confidence if chelsea prove too much too soon for him..
It is extra tricky now because trippier is injured & KWP played well.
I would like someone more experienced for games like the chelsea match too.
But if we buy a RB then in a few months we will have new RB, trippier & KWP competing for say, 2 rotated place?

I guess the options are to buy a player who can play in a few positions including RB. Or loan out KWP which is strange when he was man of the match. Or play dier there now whilst trippier is injured.
or let all 3 fight it out whilst also giving KWP lots of protection/breaks. Rather poch than me!

Sky predictably trying to push the narrative we won because they had a man down.

Don't worry, Utd next, so they won't be talking about us for long. I hate wet sham but I hope the hamsters get something today.
So do I. We know they can't finish about 16th so taking points from United today would be ideal. :llorishowudoin:

Hey I'm not snobby; I don't care how they spell it so long as their truffles and foie gras are of acceptable quality, and they don't turn up while the football's on.

I don't suppose you've ever tried an Iceland economy burger then?

Luxury

Thought it was very solid compared to last year. Keep in mind Newcastle was set up really well by Rafa. We never looked uncomfortable and I was always confident we'd win it
I think we would have worn them out in the end & got a goal in the last quarter of the game. Just an opinion of course.

Souey and Pards keep going on about Shelvey's sending off but they'd have tired anyway. We started rustily but had begun to pick it up by the 35 min mark. We ran possession more or less throughout, that would have had its effect as the game wore on, just might have taken it out of us a bit more. As it was, at 0-2 and a man up we could take it a bit easy.

Something that I haven't heard/seen mentioned was the influence that Son had on that 20 mins when we won the match. Having him and Dele testing them had them chasing shadows. You see it clearly in the first goal, there's a run into the 6 yd box first by Son which causes certain panic in the Newcassel defence, they miss his run and he's in behind them, the ball then goes back, Sonny checks back and they half-regroup but then miss Dele's run from another area.

Great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed watching that, even the slowish first half to be honest

Back
Top Bottom