The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did anyone else notice that the grass was cut a bit long and the ball didn't move to fast over it.
It seems to hold up and not zip.
I wonder if that was purposeful or just a shit pitch.

Ashley probably hadn't paid the gardener as he's hard up

:avbshit:

So pleased for Walker-Peters. Deserves to start against the chavs next week, but that'll be a real test for him!

He might deserve it but Chelsea re much harder opposition. I think KWP looks promising, he is very young and given time I think he could be really good. But I hope we have a more experienced option starting against Chelsea next week.

It wasn't a good performance until Son came on.

Don't let the sending off fool you. They still had 9/10 behind the ball.

Sissoko severely hampers our play and is very sideways/backwards. Lacks enthusiasm and tbh I think Poch was hoping he'd have a half decent game so a £20M offer came in.

He's very very poor. Let's hope he isn't on the starting team sheet anytime soon.

Great 2nd half performance, even better result.

On to Chelsea we go.

COYS.

It wasn't a good performance until Son came on.

Don't let the sending off fool you. They still had 9/10 behind the ball.

Sissoko severely hampers our play and is very sideways/backwards. Lacks enthusiasm and tbh I think Poch was hoping he'd have a half decent game so a £20M offer came in.

He's very very poor. Let's hope he isn't on the starting team sheet anytime soon.

Great 2nd half performance, even better result.

On to Chelsea we go.

COYS.
:sonhmm:

Those newcastle fans want to thank Dele for not rolling about like most other cunts on then helsea and Woolwich teams would have done.
He actually didn't make much of a fuss.
Shelvey just couldn't be patient and wait for the ball.

Not a great performance, but given that it's our first match and we've had all the distraction of the transfer window noise and Rose, etc, I'll happily take this to kickstart our season.
Thought it was very solid compared to last year. Keep in mind Newcastle was set up really well by Rafa. We never looked uncomfortable and I was always confident we'd win it

He might deserve it but Chelsea re much harder opposition. I think KWP looks promising, he is very young and given time I think he could be really good. But I hope we have a more experienced option starting against Chelsea next week.

Don't think we have another option really - Trippier looks to be out until at least the end of the month and Sissoko is dogshit

Didn't vote myself but I will say it was becoming a bit monotonous.. You're a good poster really.. Plus it looks like we are getting a couple of new players.. What are your thoughts on Sanchez??
If he's less than 30 million we shouldn't go near him. (only kidding)
TBH I know nothing about him, but reading what others have said sounds like he'd be a terrific buy.. Really hope we pull him off.

Good performance & win against our bogey team. Its all about the 3pts at this stage of the season. Solid throughout. Struggled to break them down before the sending off.
Well done KWP on a good debut.
Lovely assist from eriksen & finish from alli.
Well done davies too. Always gives 100% & never grumbles when benched.
Love our away shirt. No early injuries is always good. Don't think sissoko will ever fit in here & would like him sold if anyone wants him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom