The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Newcastle XI vs Tottenham: Elliot, Clark, Dummett, Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchie, Hayden, Perez, Manquillo, Lejeune, Atsu
While I think they will cause us problems today simply because of injuries and us not strengthening yet in the long run that starting team is awful, Rafa is the only thing saving them from going down with a record low points total IMO.

Big moment for KWP. Apparently Poch's "I don't know if he's ready" comment motivated him a lot in training this week. Mind games from Poch

COYS

Getting really excited now. :freundgoal: I hope KWP has a good game. I also hope Kane can get a few goals so he can end this weird early season hoodoo.

While I think they will cause us problems today simply because of injuries and us not strengthening yet in the long run that starting team is awful, Rafa is the only thing saving them from going down with a record low points total IMO.

Only first day enthusiasm.

Our team should be far too strong and if we have anything about us we should win.

It is a matter of imposing ourselves but Wanyama, Son and Trippier apart it is the same team.

50 minutes before we see.

TBH I would have gone 4-3-3 here and played a midfield of Wanyama/Dier/Dembele.
Leaving Wanyama on the bench is an odd choice; he was better than Dier last year.
Guess there's a reason Poch is the manager though, so here's hoping I'm proved wrong.

TBH I would have gone 4-3-3 here and played a midfield of Wanyama/Dier/Dembele.
Leaving Wanyama on the bench is an odd choice; he was better than Dier last year.
Guess there's a reason Poch is the manager though, so here's hoping I'm proved wrong.

He's barely had a pre-season and been out for nearly a month with a knee injury...

What a moment for KWP

Immense.....going to be very interesting to see him today.

Its warming to see Poch stand by his views and instead of rushing out and splashing "whatever the asking price is" for Perierra or Tolijan, he has shown he is a man of his word, stayed calm, showed faith in the squad and trusted one of his young players.

Back
Top Bottom