The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Reluctantly out.

Everything people say is true - he hasn't been supported as well as he could have been and he has been unlucky with injuries. The contract situation has also hindered him.

But I no longer trust his ability to rebuild the squad. I don't like the way he manages individuals and he is tactically lame. His basic shtick is pressing. That's it.

Still, only way I think he goes is if we drop into the bottom three.

I just can’t see where our next win is coming from

Just 1 point from Brighton and Watford is scary

You’d have a point but all Poch did last night was prove all the criticism right by abandoning his dog shit diamond and playing the players to their strengths.

Isnt it funny that some people are all celebrating and lauding the performance (rightly) but not making the connection that had the manager not been such a naive and stubborn fool for the last 10 games, we’d have a lot more games like last night under our belts.

Did you see any new players last night?
Did you see a new squad?
Did you see new owners and new investment?

No me neither.

What I saw was the players that I knew full well could play that well in the right system perform.

I would not be even slightly surprised to see a return to the diamond on Sunday though.
And a subsequent cluster fuck and heavy defeat will simply confirm all the criticism of Poch.

A top manager learns from mistakes.
It remains to be seen if Poch will, and I remember all the same crap after Palace about how the “blip” was over.

We will see. I’ll be here praising him, win lose or draw at Anfield IF we plays as well as we can in our best system with our strongest match day squad.

But will you be here cristicising him if he reverts to norm, the sideways football returns, and we get hammered?
Or will you be calling for 21 new players?
Completely respect your opinion but,
for me, Poch has done an incredible job growing and developing the squad he inherited, evolving the side, and mixing it with the big boys with consistent CL football despite United, Chavs, Victims, City and Goons having a financial clout that is on an another stratosphere to us in financial terms. That will slowly change and we’ve got some promising new talent that needs time to embed. We also need time to rework a system that is being fundamentally rebuilt. Like when Modric left, we need to transition through the post-Eriksen period.

We’re close to exhausting the current bunch and a number of players need to be moved on and out. We clearly need new investment and the club are working very hard to do this. Dybala was a very close one and we have a scouting and recruitment team that is heavily focused on continuing to bring in what we need.

Personally, I think Poch has done enough in his tenure to deserve backing through this period, however tricky the rebuild proves to be this season.

Last edited:
The level of hate directed by some on here is not one I've seen since Sherwood was in charge.
If rival fans came on here saying the same kind of stuff that I've seen, they'd be accused of trolling and red carded pretty quickly.

This is what always happens when a top team enters a sustained period of relegation form. It can only end one way.

The team that annihilated us 7-2 just three weeks ago have already sacked their manager, yet there isn’t a peep in the media about Poch being in danger. When we sacked AVB we were 8 points off 1st place. We sacked Redknapp for finishing 4th and Sherwood for 6th. We are heading for a bottom half finish under Poch. People are having meltdowns because we’ve lurched into a strange alternate dimension where results have become meaningless to the manager’s job security. At any other club he would already have been sacked.

Don’t forget that it is largely due to Poch that we are 10 points below fourth place. He didn’t show inspired genius last night- he simply picked the team that many of us wanted picking a long time ago. He has a lot to answer for
So let's get this right.
The guy who transformed our team and oversaw the change from a top 10 side into a club that regularly competes at the european top table now has to be judged incompetent by a bunch of self appointed armchair experts who dont even have the ability to manage a pub team?
Why stop there mate, you know how to spend money and can recognise all of the bank notes, why dont you post your thoughts on running the Royal Bank of Scotland or Barclays as well?
You probably had measles, why not volunteer to run the NHS?

Instead of having a lot to answer for to an enormous bunch of ignorant ingrates, maybe we all have a massive amount to be grateful for and should be a lot more appreciative and tolerant and give the guy some time to sort this mess out.
All of you "hang him high" brigade are quick to condemn the guy, but nobody can suggest anyone that is readily available that is GUARANTEED to do a better job.

Some of the criticisms on here defy belief.

I'm reading lots of rumors saying West Ham will be the decider for Poch. Are any of the legitimate sources in London reporting this? Seems like a lot of smoke all of the sudden.

I think the club have briefed the media, the story is in every single paper today.

Poch can not complain too much, he was always the first to use our “different project” as a deflection when results were poor, he cannot then turn around and say he expected us to spend heaps of money. Levy made a catastrophic mistake in not signing anyone in summer 2018 but there is still enough in our squad to see us winning games, there is nobody to blame for our shit football except Poch.

Recently he’s been complaining about the short pre-season for some of our senior players but youngsters like Skipp, Tanganga and Parrot had a full pre season and played well. Skipp started PL matches last season. If the seniors are so clapped out then play the kids, like United and Chelsea are doing.

Nobody forced him to select Wanyama ahead of Skipp for that Leicester game, when he came on against Leicester that was when I realised Poch isn’t that bothered any more. It was confirmed when we lost 7-2 at home and he just brushed it off. He’s bored and him and the club need a change.

Just cast my vote. Another for the Poch Out camp, sadly. <sigh>

In short, I think he's taken us as far as he can. I appreciate the improvement he's made around here, but as others have pointed out, we haven't actually won anything under his tenure. I really wanted him to be successful with us. But he honestly looks now like a beaten man. His persona has changed. But most of all, I simply cannot understand his persistence in choosing the same players that are out of form, or who obviously are looking forward to January and their next pay-day. The team against Red Star gave me a new hope. A hope that Poch had finally decided that enough was enough. The very next game he changed it all again. There was no upcoming mid-week fixture to rotate for. Yes, we can all have different opinions about line-ups, but so many of us are saying the same thing about his team and game management that we can't all be wrong?

"Be careful what you wish for", some may say. Maybe. But for me, it's time to roll the dice and start again.

I would love for Poch to turn this around. But right now, I just don't see it happening.

I was asking long term targets & plan? Your's was a very short term plan. But its fine if you don't have one.

There is no long term plan when the average tenure of a manager is over just a year.

If we are able to retain our best players after this disaster of season and we get the right manager we could easily win silverware in the next 18 months.

Again the absolute priority is minimising the damage that Pochettino is currently inflicting on the club. The longer he stays the bigger the job for the next guy.

And now?....

giphy.gif

That's only because other teams make the mistake of sacking their managers too quickly.....

Sacking Poch at this point would not be "too quickly" we have been on a continuous run of bad results since January, the CL run masked these issues.

Levy is not going to sanction a full squad rebuild, anybody who thinks he will is delusional at this point, it's completely out of character for him, I have heard this same song and dance over and over again "full squad rebuild" "we have a warchest" "Levy and our owners will back the manager"

Levy (and the owners) are as much to blame for all of this as the manager and previous managers, I couldn't give a fuck about the shiny stadium, NFL football or the Amazon documentaries, as football club owners they are failing where it matters as far as I am concerned and we are once again stagnating and going backwards because of them.

His lack of movement in the market for two windows in a row made this team stagnate, that's a fact, our purchases this summer came way too late and our inability to either lock down players on longer contracts or move them on has cost us massively.

On the other side of the coin, this team is better than what it's currently showing and Poch is to blame for that, he isn't learning from his mistakes, he isn't adapting, that's not down to Levy or our owners, this team has shown what it's capable of and it's well below par as things stand and Poch has proven at this point he is incapable of fixing it.

The reality is, we can't afford to wait around to find out what's going to happen, we are in a situation right now where we are at serious risk of sliding right down the table, this is an indisputable fact based on our form if it continues this way.

People said to give Sherwood more time, they also said the same for AVB, losing both of them led to Poch, I believe losing Poch will benefit us at this point just like losing those two benefited us, people just don't want to face that because they, just like me, believed for so long that Poch was the one, imo, he isn't and neither is Levy and ENIC, like I said, both are at fault here.

I can say that very easily, 10 prem games is not proof as far as I'm concerned that he is a abysmal manager.
When did he become abysmal in your eyes?
With due respect it's not ten games we are looking at, it's ten months since we won away. This slide didn't begin start of this season but at the end of last.

Crazy to think Poch is going to stay while we can't figure out how to play football anymore. Sitting in 11th. Yet Munich just fired Kovac who had them destroy us in CL, first in the group stage and still sitting in 4th in the league. Talk about two different style of boards running each club
Yep. Munich are a big club who's owners demand trophies. Very different to ours.

Back
Top Bottom