The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
I really like Poch and thank him for everything, but I also don’t understand why people think he doesn’t deserve the majority of the blame.

I get it, the squad needed fresh faces. I get the cycle talk of how every three years or so you need changeover. That is def a Levy deal since he is so fucking tight with the purse strings.

But, Poch is the man to blame for the squads cohesion, style of play, and just overall management. The current streak we are on isn’t down to a lack of talent. It is down to him being a fucking miserable leader. He just seems so tired of the job.

I am fine waiting, cause I think we aren’t making it to the top this year. But I am less confident in his ability to turn it around. Dude needs to smile and make his team play aggressive again. This sit and counter ploy is old and boring.
I've heard other people say that he seems tired by the job as well, but I just don't know how that can be actually determined. I don't think he looks bored and his press conferences and comments piss people off so much, but he cannot really say what he actually thinks. For me, it's much more likely that he has run out of ideas or playing it ultra safe, both of which aren't great scenarios.

I don't want to be a big Poch apologist or anything since I am frustrated with him as well. But I also just feel like he's had to squeeze so much out of the lemon he was given and now we keep expecting continued magic out of him. At a certain point, a person can only do so much with what they are given.

You may be correct that a different coach with the same team may be a better option than Poch at the moment, but that is punishing Poch for the failings of Levy to support him all the windows before.

If we didn't buy Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon this summer I can't help but think that the majority of the blame would be on Levy. Based upon their injuries and limited available game time, he hasn't had them very much so not sure why he is still getting more blame than I think he deserves.

Everyone gets bored of walking the same hallways all the time and that affects work performance. It's no different in professional football, in fact the half life of motivation is much less in this sport than most industries

State of the art training facility - check
State of the art stadium - check
One of the highest paid managers in the world - check
Broke transfer budget twice in recent window - check

but we're still going to harp on not signing Jack Grealish in 2018 so let's pretend like the owners don't give a fuck because they're not spending like City

We have a solid foundation as a club. Whether ENIC can/want to take us further than where we are is a different matter, but it certainly won't be doom and gloom if this season is a failure.

But I also just feel like he's had to squeeze so much out of the lemon he was given and now we keep expecting continued magic out of him.
Don't mention Poch and lemons 😎 :roflmao:

3grbfo.jpg

Last edited:
State of the art training facility - check
State of the art stadium - check
One of the highest paid managers in the world - check
Broke transfer budget twice in recent window - check

but we're still going to harp on not signing Jack Grealish in 2018 so let's pretend like the owners don't give a fuck because they're not spending like City

These disingenous arguments keep getting rolled out as if they hold any weight whatsoever when they simply do not.

If you want to keep making excuses for ENIC that's your choice, 12 years without a trophy is a pretty good indicator of their ambition on the pitch as far as I am concerned.

To address your point.

State of the art training facility = Promote youth, spend less money on transfers longer term whilst remaining and being comfortable with occassional champions league qualification = win for ENIC and profit.

State of the art stadium = Land acquisition whilst also bringing in bigger brand and sports like the NFL with occassional CL qualification = guaranteed money maker and another win for ENIC.

One of the highest paid managers in the world because Levy and ENIC view Poch as their golden goose, very little fuss plus has kept us in a healthy, profitable position, makes sense they would do everything to keep hold of him, again, this is financially making sense for them, ENIC.

Broke transfer budget twice = this is the most laughable one, as if it invalidates the prior windows of complete neglect and every other window where we have criminally underspent compared to rivals who are willing to break the bank to win trophies.

I mean, you can keep shilling for these owners all you want mate, that's your choice, what I am saying is, I support the club, not a bunch of greedy cunt billionaires who have no intention of winning this club trophies.

Say what you want about City and their scummy owners but what you can't accuse them of is not rewarding the supporters with success on the pitch where it fucking matters.

I don't want owners like City but that doesn't mean I should be worshipping at the alter of ENIC like some sort of cult fanboy because they aren't the same sort of scum as the City owner and people think we are doing things "the right way."

The "right way" isn't going a decade without silverware.

We have a solid foundation as a club. Whether ENIC can/want to take us further than where we are is a different matter, but it certainly won't be doom and gloom if this season is a failure.

It won't be doom and gloom if we go from a consistent top four side to a nothing mid-table side again? Or, worst case scenario, get relegated?

I think that's pretty fucking doom and gloom mate.

These disingenous arguments keep getting rolled out as if they hold any weight whatsoever when they simply do not.

If you want to keep making excuses for ENIC that's your choice, 12 years without a trophy is a pretty good indicator of their ambition on the pitch as far as I am concerned.

To address your point.

State of the art training facility = Promote youth, spend less money on transfers longer term whilst remaining and being comfortable with occassional champions league qualification = win for ENIC and profit.

State of the art stadium = Land acquisition whilst also bringing in bigger brand and sports like the NFL with occassional CL qualification = guaranteed money maker and another win for ENIC.

One of the highest paid managers in the world because Levy and ENIC view Poch as their golden goose, very little fuss plus has kept us in a healthy, profitable position, makes sense they would do everything to keep hold of him, again, this is financially making sense for them, ENIC.

Broke transfer budget twice = this is the most laughable one, as if it invalidates the prior windows of complete neglect and every other window where we have criminally underspent compared to rivals who are willing to break the bank to win trophies.

I mean, you can keep shilling for these owners all you want mate, that's your choice, what I am saying is, I support the club, not a bunch of greedy cunt billionaires who have no intention of winning this club trophies.

Say what you want about City and their scummy owners but what you can't accuse them of is not rewarding the supporters with success on the pitch where it fucking matters.

I don't want owners like City but that doesn't mean I should be worshipping at the alter of ENIC like some sort of cult fanboy because they aren't the same sort of scum as the City owner and people think we are doing things "the right way."

The "right way" isn't going a decade without silverware.

You call my post disingenuous then spout this nonsense ?

90% of what you wrote is subjective garbage

It won't be doom and gloom if we go from a consistent top four side to a nothing mid-table side again? Or, worst case scenario, get relegated?

I think that's pretty fucking doom and gloom mate.

If we do that for this season only, it won't. If we don't address our issues and stagnate, then yes, it might get bleak.

The point is we have the tools at our disposal to fix things.

This season is already failure and there's plenty of gloom and doom been going on the past 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom