The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Only 3 points off 5th though...just shows how shite this league is....

Or how close/competitive it is after 12 games

Mid table form really now goes from 5th to 16th.

Sheffield United are 5th. Scored 13 in 12 games.
Woolwich are 6th with a negative GD.
United 7th. W4 D4 L4
Wolves 8th. Won 3 games.

That's the best probable position we can possibly get this season IMO , to get 4th we need a great new manager bounce.

I wonder how much of our struggles last season and this are due to Poch’s continual rotation of the team. Admittedly some changes have been enforced due to injury but I read a statistic that Pochettino has not named the same team consecutively for an incredible 94 matches which must affect the fluency of the team.

Last season Liverpool had 9 players that made over 30 out of 38 league appearances including 3 that played all 38.
Manchester City also had 9 players that made over 30 league appearances
We had 3 that played over 30 league games and nobody played more than 33

This season is a similar pattern with 6 Liverpool players playing all 12 matches and 3 playing 11.
We have had 1 player playing all 12 league matches this season and 2 players playing 11.
Leicester in their Premier League winning season had 10 players that played 30 or more league games (despite Ranieri being known as the Tinkerman).

So there are a lot of figures there and as I said some changes have to be made due to injuries but if Pochettino is to get the club out of this mess he should give himself a bit more chance by allowing the team to find some fluency by picking his best 11 players and sticking with them without rotation

So there are a lot of figures there and as I said some changes have to be made due to injuries but if Pochettino is to get the club out of this mess he should give himself a bit more chance by allowing the team to find some fluency by picking his best 11 players and sticking with them without rotation
Yeah, but if he did that there'd soon be a stats filled post about player burnout....

Back
Top Bottom