The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
He's still at the club...
If he makes it through the international break, he has already been given more time.
I agree. If the club were going to sack him, they'd do it during this international break. If they don't then I imagine they'll give him the season, unless it gets drastically bad.

I agree. If the club were going to sack him, they'd do it during this international break. If they don't then I imagine they'll give him the season, unless it gets drastically bad.
Its a gamble, but if we wait until the end of the season there may be some more options. The bad part of that is it may mean we want someone like Howe, who wouldn't leave Bournemouth in the middle of the season.

£12.5 according to The Telegraph.

Which, if true, is surprising as it's not *that* great a deal of money in the absurd world of football.

I think it might be really simple. Levy and Poch like and respect one another and both sides will give the situation as much time as possible.
£12.5 is fuck all. No need for Levy to pay that, I'll send it via PayPal now. You can all thank me later :thumbup: 😎

I think both Levy and Poch are waiting on each other to move.

Poch is waiting for Levy to sack him, he then gets a £25m payout.

Levy is waiting for Poch to walk, that way he doesn't have to pay out. If another club comes in for him then he gets compensation.

100% this. It’s a fucking stalemate.

If Levy wanted him sacked during the break, he would have already done it. We'll have him as coach against the spammers, that's quite obvious. Not sure what Levy's game is, but in case he sacks Poch, I do believe he has thought of a suitable replacement by now.

Rodgers is a terribly underrated manager - the Liverpool stint was doomed to fail with Owners meddling as much as they did
I agree. But why would he come to us at the moment. I don't know how much Leicester pay him but I'm sure it's a fair amount. And they're challenging for the top 4 whilst we're trying to stay out of the relegation zone.

I really do think people are overthinking this. There’s not some eternal struggle going on between Poch and Levy. They have both been involved in the most exciting and revolutionary period for the club in decades. They’re not enemies. They’re friends and colleagues. Levy is likely desperate to give Poch every opportunity to turn it round. Not out of some twisted sense of financial brinkmanship, but because he respects him massively and wants him to stay.

I really do think people are overthinking this. There’s not some eternal struggle going on between Poch and Levy. They have both been involved in the most exciting and revolutionary period for the club in decades. They’re not enemies. They’re friends and colleagues. Levy is likely desperate to give Poch every opportunity to turn it round. Not out of some twisted sense of financial brinkmanship, but because he respects him massively and wants him to stay.

I have been thinking this until the other day when Graham Roberts (who I always saw as a sort of mouthpiece for the club) started questioning Poch's tactics when he is nearly always the happiest of clappers. Smelt of the club trying to sow some more discontent before a possible sacking. Maybe being paranoid.

Its a gamble, but if we wait until the end of the season there may be some more options. The bad part of that is it may mean we want someone like Howe, who wouldn't leave Bournemouth in the middle of the season.

I think Howe would leave in the middle of a season. He has put Bournemouth into a stable position, he has been there years, there would be no need for him to feel guilty for wanting to join a top club and I doubt the directors there would stand in his way if Levy came in for him

It’s Tottenham Hotspur, Eddie Howe has done absolutely nothing in his career to suggest he can take on a club of Tottenham’s level, Christ even if we went down and did a Sunderland I don’t see how Howe could ever be considered more viable than Pochettino.

if you replace anyone in football ever, you upgrade never downgrade

I have like zero interest in Howe. He has turned Bournemouth into a Premier League side and that’s worth something considering how small they are. But I think we need to set our sights bigger.

I have like zero interest in Howe. He has turned Bournemouth into a Premier League side and that’s worth something considering how small they are. But I think we need to set our sights bigger.

To be fair, I think that a lot of those who see Howe as our next manager (I voted for him in the corresponding poll - I went for a safe option, I do admit) said it because they think this is who the club will appoint, not necessarily who they want as manager. I mean, if you'd be given the chance to pick between Rodgers, Benitez, Mourinho, Allegri and Howe, who would really pick the latter?

There is a bit of hope in the sense that Levy might now want to go for an up and coming manager considering we already had one in Poch and he might pick an established winner. Of course, as history showed us, that's not a guarantee that he would be successful.

Back
Top Bottom