The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs East Midlands Bus Parkers. FA CUP 3rd replay

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm hoping they at least try and play some kind of football and make a decent game of it.. Worst nightmare would be an early deflected goal for them and the majority of the game trying to break down their 10 man defence..

This is probably the most useless post on this thread, but I have a ticket for the match tonight and I'm going to struggle to leave work on time for it. I work in Bracknell though, so it's only if anyone is in the Thames Valley area that this could be of use. PM me if interested... otherwise I will still try and make it up.

On LC's current form we should be disappointed with anything less than a victory after 90 min today, more so if they rotate significantly. 2-0 Spurs with stifling possession. I'd love to see us put it to bed early enough to get some of our boys pulled off, but that's wishful thinking. We'll probably get our goals in the 2nd. We need a strong team, Palace be damned.

Last edited:
Not that they've been burning it up lately, but anyone expecting Mahrez and Vardy to start?

I don't know why Leicester would not put their strongest team out. They are second in the league, at home and if they win another 6 games in the FA Cup they have won it. With the players they have right now, this is their best chance to win it.

Hope we batter them obviously, but I just don't understand it when teams who are normally midtable and have no european games (Leicester, WBA, Palace etc) don't give the FA Cup a real go.

I hope Dier doesn't play. All the talk is of Kane burning out but Dier has played an awful lot too.

I have a feeling Son will score this evening but I also have a feeling it's going to go to ET....which is a pain in the Jacob's.

I hope Dier doesn't play. All the talk is of Kane burning out but Dier has played an awful lot too.

I have a feeling Son will score this evening but I also have a feeling it's going to go to ET....which is a pain in the Jacob's.

I guess we have more cover for Dier than we do for Kane, so it's not quite an issue if he can't play the next game.

I guess we have more cover for Dier than we do for Kane, so it's not quite an issue if he can't play the next game.

I'd sooner he didn't get injured. The cover we have has sustained injuries all season, I don't think, if Bentaleb is now available, Dier should play.

I don't know why Leicester would not put their strongest team out. They are second in the league, at home and if they win another 6 games in the FA Cup they have won it. With the players they have right now, this is their best chance to win it.

Hope we batter them obviously, but I just don't understand it when teams who are normally midtable and have no european games (Leicester, WBA, Palace etc) don't give the FA Cup a real go.
I don't understand Palace, WBA etc playing weak teams but it's easy to understand Leicester doing it (this season that is). They have an outside chance of winning the league and a realistic chance of finishing top four.

I think the general consensus among the Leicester fans is that a good finish this year and a European place will go a long way to cementing their position as not only a top tier team, but a top half top tier team. That will be a bigger prize, in the grand scheme of things, than a one off cup run.

Dunno whether there is much truth in that. I'm still under the impression that Leicester will naturally find their place again in time, and it won't be near the top of the premier league.

Ranieri obviously has confidence in his squad players and there is good reason for that as we found out. Poch uses the same argument when he's challenged about squad rotation, he'll attempt to pick the optimum team to perform competitively across every fixture played. No tournament is given priority.

Again probably a load of club spin, but "top" teams should be expected to perform competitively across all fronts and you won't do that playing the same 11 players every game.

Last edited:
I think the general consensus among the Leicester fans is that a good finish this year and a European place will go a long way to cementing their position as not only a top tier team, but a top half top tier team. That will be a bigger prize, in the grand scheme of things, than a one off cup run.

Dunno whether there is much truth in that. I'm still under the impression that Leicester will naturally find their place again in time, and it won't be near the top of the premier league.

Ranieri obviously has confidence in his squad players and there is good reason for that as we found out. Poch uses the same argument when he's challenged about squad rotation, he'll attempt to pick the optimum team to be perform competitively across every fixture played. No tournament is given priority.

Again probably a load of club spin, but "top" teams should be expected to perform competitively across all fronts and you won't do that playing the same 11 players every game.
Assuming they do make Europe next season, it will be interesting to see how they can cope with managing the league, Europe, and cup competitions.

I want to smash them today. I was at both games last week and their fans were mouthy. Fair play to them as I'm sure they're having the season of their life, but they need to learn their place.

Back
Top Bottom