The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the first half no one was running into space, the whole team seemed very static. The pitch itself looked really slow and the ball took quite a few strange bounces. Might have been why they were passing to feet more than I would've liked to see. Might have also had to do with why it didn't seem like anyone was dribbling well. Winks made a bunch of misplaced passes and followed it up with a clearly frustrated challenge that resulted in his injury. He was recycling the ball well, but I didn't think that he was playing like his normal self. The whole first half I was shitting myself that we had run out of gas and that we were gonna watch our season take a dump after the two injuries to W&W. Really hoping that Winks isn't as badly hurt as it looked on TV.

BTW, what the fuck was with Chelsea getting over 10 minutes of extra time? That was some straight up Russian money buying off refs bullshit.

Respect to Burnley who played very well first half, very well drilled and organised and barely gave us a sniff, good to see not every team is a weak disorganised group of pussies who can't defend.... like Woolwich

Deserve to comfortably stay up no wonder most teams have struggled up there

Moved up a gear second half, which was no mean feat taking into account the injuries & Sissoko's presence on the pitch.

Just hoping that with young Winksy, it is better news than we suspect it may be... fingers crossed it's nothing more than a nasty twist on his ankle. Looked very sore though.

Loving the never say die attitude of the squad though. With each blow/injury, we just seem to come back a little stronger still.

Wait until we actually get closer....

I have a funny feeling Conte is currently rounding up his teams family members and having them held at knifepoint, can't see many other bad results for them

Anyone know of any websites that have the full match shortly after FT? Full Matches and Shows used to be fantastic, but it only has highlights now.

Looks like I'm going to miss the match, lengthy Spanish lunch with the inlaws. Absolutely love them normally, but...
:pochfacepalm::avbfacepalm::paulinhobored:
Doubt anyone was fretting but lunch was done at 15:55 CET, got the tablet out to have a sneaky check on line ups, ended up watching the whole match with my father-in-law as the ladyfolk went off to another room to discuss clothes for an upcoming family wedding. Out came the pacharan (pastis with sloe berries), then the G&Ts, he livened up the dull first half of stories of when he played left wing for the Atletico Madrid youth team and the fights he got into in the villages around Leon and Salamanca when he was doing his military service.

He reverse jinxed the second goal in by calling Son a "useless Chino", moments before he scored. Cracking afternoon all in all
:sonlol:

Wait until we actually get closer....

I have a funny feeling Conte is currently rounding up his teams family members and having them held at knifepoint, can't see many other bad results for them
City, Utd and Bournemouth away could be tricky. Unlike last season l haven't thought for one minute we could do it - you're right - wait until we get closer, but who gave Palace a prayer today?

200.gif
encore .....

Back
Top Bottom