The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The nerves are kicking in. There is no reason why we cant win this game. We really are the real deal and the PL could be on this season. I have never felt so sure about THFC than now. We know how to win games. COYS...

I think the lads will be up for it, they also want to get Wembley off to a great start, banish that hoodoo from game 1. All the media chatter of the Wembley curse isn't lost on them and they'll want to smash it from the get go. Who better to prove that against than this lot.

The campaign starts proper tomorrow!

He wants to emulate Pochs sucess long term. So why is he at Chelsea- one club its not going to happen?. Its a typical thing a coach says when he is under pressure and expecting to be beaten. Its trying to create good omens by praising the opposition and playing the underdog. He is a fool and fools need to keep quiet and if he needs to share comment, talk about hes own club.
And all this is supposed to be mind games massaging Poch's ego? Not for me mate. I'm not sure Poch has an ego to massage to begin with.

We are going to tear them a new one & they'll have to take some of conti's thatch to put it up there to avoid seepage

Is this the first time "seepage" has been used on this forum?
Where the star man to he k ?

And all this is supposed to be mind games massaging Poch's ego? Not for me mate. I'm not sure Poch has an ego to massage to begin with.

Every coach in the PL has an ego whether they expresess it or not-some bigger than others.
They want to get in the minds of players, they are also at it with each
other.
Its amazing what we will do subconsciously . Poch may play KWP at fall back a simple decision as this will justify Contes remark.

When the fixtures came out I was angry we had Chelsea first at Wembley. It looked like a conspiracy to get us off to a bad start at Wembley and thought it was the worst possible match. Our Wembley record and poor starts to the season were the concern and I would have preferred this match later in the season.
However the closer we get to the match, the more confident I get. The problems at Chelsea with missing players due to injury, suspensions and excluding Costa have made us favourites. We have a poor record against them and it will not be easy and my main worries are complancy and conceding stupid goals or a sending off.
I am now cautiously optimistic and hope we can get some points.

Common Italian saying.. Non v’è rosa senza spina - There is no rose without thorns.

Conte knows a loss on Sunday the pressure will be turned up and further questions will be asked.

nintchdbpict000344655053-e1502352381491.jpg

I feel intensely uncomfortable that we are considered favourites. My nerves will be shredded for this one, because we have so much to gain with a win and yet I feel a loss would lead to a panicky shitstorm and a huge missed opportunity.

Fuck it, 3-1 to the good guys. Fuck Conte that condescending prick, lets get him fired.

I wanted to add, its just my honest opinion. Your posts always seem to be well informed and genuinely fact so thanks for exploring my world. I just try to see thing different to liven up the humdrum world of the PL . THFC is my football world and i guess yours and most on here and like most will defend it against anyone trying to undermine it.

I rarely dream about football PL. Last night i had a dream
that one day this club will rise up and live out the true meaning of its destiny "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all clubs are not created equal."

I had a dream ?....sorry got cartied away...
i had a team that they , Cheksea couldnt field a team and only had to play youth players + a few of thier injured lot?

win this if no mistakes and take our chances. COYS

Praying Trippier is fit for this one. Will need all the experience we've got to get this Wembley season off to a good start.

Chelsea will be no rollover no matter what team they put out.

Will be a good game with a (hopefully) amazing atmosphere created by the fans.

Looking forward to it.

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom