The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. BVB Dortmund||Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're crazy if you think Kane and Dele won't be playing.

They were subbed for a reason yesterday.
I think both were subbed to prevent a terrible day getting even worse. Kane was already booked and Deke was so shit that he might have resorted to god knows what. Plus, both were clearly knackered and just need a rest. I wouldn’t start either.

Keep this match thread, at least the thread title is correct(we're away not at home), and as an added bonus - none of "The Mighty" bollox.

Aurier, Rose and Winks for Trippier, Davies and Sissoko.
Son for Alli perhaps.

Reckon a draw.

For some reason whenever I see the word Mighty I am immediately reminded of Mighty White bread.
Which was fucking awful.

The last thing we need is more bread related match threads.

Kane looked like he was injured the whole game yesterday. He barely made those sprints that he does. If it was any other game he would have been rested. Instead he had his entire butcheek bandaged and he gave it his cautious but best shot. I wouldnt risk Kane for Dortmund away. Maybe a 60min start or just a late sub. Risking his ham for long term complication is not needed.

Agree. This is CL, Kane would have told the coach to play him too. But Son also looks like he is going to play. Do we drop Eriksen?
Cause i definitely think Dembele will played.
Eriksen might be needing a rest, but still couldnt imagine us playing withouh him.

No way should Kane start here. We are taking a big risk with his body if he is not 100%. It's fucking ridiculous to take this kind of risk with your best player, no other club would do this to their biggest asset. He needs to rest, we are safe in the CL group.

[formation=352, Hugo, Dier, Sanchez, Jan, Aurier, Alli, Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Llorente, Son][/formation]

Give Kane the rest he needs. he can come on for the last half hour after Son has ran their defence ragged. Would mean Kane & Dembele will be fresh to start against WBA next weekend.

[formation=352, Hugo, Dier, Sanchez, Jan, Aurier, Alli, Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Llorente, Son][/formation]

Give Kane the rest he needs. he can come on for the last half hour after Son has ran their defence ragged. Would mean Kane & Dembele will be fresh to start against WBA next weekend.
I would swap foyth for Dier some how, he played 2 full games for England, and with Toby and Wanyama out we need to give him some rest when ever possible.

I would swap foyth for Dier some how, he played 2 full games for England, and with Toby and Wanyama out we need to give him some rest when ever possible.
Not seen much of Foyth yet so i cant really comment on that, i just think this is still an important game for us as a win would all but guarantee top spot. Yes we're struggling with rest/injuries at the moment, but all i've seen from Foyth so far is some league cup minutes against mediocre sides. I'd be nervous if he started this game, what do you think?

We need three points from Dortmund&Apoel to win the group, so a draw here is pretty much worthless unless Real fuck things up.
A draw is not worthless just for the notoriety of continuing unbeaten in the the toughest group in the toughest competition. A result away to a good (albeit out of form) side after the omnishambles that was Saturday is a great tonic. Then we smash APOEL at home to complete an unbeaten group stage.

Not seen much of Foyth yet so i cant really comment on that, i just think this is still an important game for us as a win would all but guarantee top spot. Yes we're struggling with rest/injuries at the moment, but all i've seen from Foyth so far is some league cup minutes against mediocre sides. I'd be nervous if he started this game, what do you think?
Agreed it is a slight risk, but I can't remember the last time Dier had some rest, maybe we could play Davies in a back 3, with Rose as a wing back and still rest Dier.

1. People forget how good Llorente was in both the home and away Madrid games. Perhaps not a direct goal threat per say, but certainly did what was asked of him well.
2. Saying we should start without a proper DM after the horrible display on the weekend is madness, even if we can afford to lose the game. We need the confidence boost, plus the media will back bumming us if we go there and get a result and that will shut those fucking gooner scumbags right up.

This is probably unlikely, but i would do whatever needs to be done to let Dier play in midfield.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Verts Davies Rose
Dier Winks
Eriksen
Son Llorente

Let them have the ball, spank them on the break. Its worked well in the CL up until now.

Back
Top Bottom